ACC ACC season 01 rnd 6 Zandvoort Sprint cup 60 minute sprint Dec 16th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 10, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wednesday warmup races results, thanks all that jumped in. Interesting little track, definatly not an easy one to pass at. Shame a few seemed to have connection or hardware issues tonight, better luck all for Monday.
    Captain Barracuda likes this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Hopefully my car didn’t cause any issues in race two, there’s a lesson, make sure you have lights on before you start racing. The rift lost tracking and dropped everything, room was bright during prac but almost pitch black by race two.

Other then that was good fun to drive here, normally not a fan of this track but seems to feel ok now. Need a bit of work to find a bit more pace.
    Passing seems almost impossible without a decent mistake from the driver in front so quali pace will be all important...
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Results Site Update

Hi all,

Very quick update! At the top of the league table, if you click on the round number, the round type icon (sprint or enduro icon) or the track name icon for any round that has been completed, the site will now display the session results (FP, Q and R session details) for that round. You can then click on your name to see the lap by lap details.

I did a quick a dirty version of this now - so formatting not perfect yet - but at least you can now access the session info from the league table now.

Enjoy!
    marty, krunch, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Looking really good Steve, good stuff.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server lobby just went down 1 minute ago, that means most likely an acc update within the next hour. This also may mean Practice and qualy could be delayed jump on discord for info on server.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Lobby is back up no game update yet, 26 minutes left in practice. As long as everyone can get into the server before qualy we will run it once practice is up.
  7. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

well that was dumb. I locked a brake going into T1 and snagged the right rear of Shuttleworth, totally my fault, was not even an attempt at a pass - so I deeply apologise for that, especially so early in the race.

Whilst stopped after the collision, stalled on the outside of T1 and got rearended by other people racing; wrecked the car, race over sadly. Not necessarily sure that was my fault as I got smacked at some speed off the racing line so guessing someone had missed their braking point slightly, and wrong place wrong time.

Alas, my first real major boo boo from the league and fun runs earlier this year; apologies I wrecked other people's races at the same time.
    Frostwa likes this.
  8. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

Yeah i was deeply disappointed to say the least in that hit, especially 8 mins into the race as I didn't have a qual car but had quite a good race car. The replay didn't show you locking a brake but merely driving on a line into the corner that was only going to spell disaster for both of us.
    I was only just thinking a lap before that I should let you past as you were diving your nose erratically into some corners and I thought you would take me out and then................BAM.
    As per usual my car wouldn't start after the spin so got to take up last spot after everyone passed me, then I spun a heap more times with a damaged car, even hitting Gao once as I didn't realise my car was so damaged. Sorry Gao !!
    Went for a 1 min pitstop and came out to set some good laps only to have a few more spins, salavaging a 15th i think.
    So much for the practice all week leading up to a race that i needed to do well in for the championship :(
    krunch likes this.
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Sorry about the early bomb at that dog-leg kink, Anon. I completely lost sight of my braking point and pulled it to the inside instead of hitting you square in the rear, trying to miss you. Apart form that embarrassing mistake, I had a good race, chasing Neil F but unable to pass until he had a incident with the warping Steve, then putting up with relentless pressure from Anon to the finish. 8th was my best finish so far.

I still don't know how some of the forum names and race names match up. Can we put up a list somewhere?
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

We have a shiny new penalty zone. I think it should be used to discourage bad driving standards. There shouldn't be any bad stigma associated with using it, it's just a redress tool.
    krunch and Frostwa like this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Apologies if my connection issues ruined any races tonight gents - literally as soon as I realised it was happening I got off the track safely and quit. Was a real shame as I was having some great battles up to that point!
    krunch likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the race tonight, sorry to those that had some issues tonight. Also shame about the lobby going down at our time but I have had a word with Minolin and he will try avoid taking the lobby down again on a Monday before our race nights.

Results are up in the 2nd post and season standings should be automatically updated.

We will still have a fun run on Wednesday, track TBC as it may depend if we get the update which is due sometime soonish but apparently got a little held up.

For those not racing again until the next main league run Merry Christmas and A happy new year. :thumbsup:

Highlights also added to 2nd post.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    pb1, Rolz and krunch like this.
  13. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Q: Strangely fluffed qualli, just couldn't find the pace - a second off. This was the same setup I used in the hot lap server to pretty good effect, so just goes to show how different you feel on different days.

R: Just tried to keep it clean starting from 7th, the car continued to lack general grip, though I managed to pass @Frostwa in to turn 1, then passed @Godz a few laps later when he ran wide. After the stop, the car felt fantastic - not sure if the track just needed some rubber, or whether it was the lighter fuel load / fresh tires, but started taking chunks of time out of the guys in front. @Captain Barracuda sadly had damage and let me pass in the closing stages, and managed to bring back the gap to the front 2 to under 5 seconds by the chequered flag. Congrats @Andy and @marty for the podium.
    Rolz likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race report, qualy I was kind of surprised to be front row with a few pretty hot times in the hotlap server. Its always tricky to find clear track for the run and I got an ok lap in but left a little out there.

Race start I got a bit of a jump on @Captain Barracuda but then inside t1 with heavy fuel and unsure of balance he sent it a bit better into t1 and kept the lead.

From there I tried to keep the pressure on but it wasnt looking like I was going to have much of a look at a pass unless he made an error. @andyo450 was close behind in 3rd and it looked like we were going to be in formation til the stops.

Barracuda put in a couple of good laps to make a small gap but my car was feeling pretty good and I was able to make that back up. About 25 minutes in there was a car spun exiting the last turn. There were yellow flags and Barracuda had to lift quite a bit on exit unsure of where the car would end up. I was able to gain a bit on the exit there and made a pass mid straight but it would have been green at that point so I think it was still a fair pass even of he got disadvantaged there a bit with some bad luck.

Once the pit window opened I went straight in to avoid getting undercut, had probably my best stop all season and made a but of a gain on Barracuda but probably just matched Andy's stop who ended up 2nd after his stop.

From there it was just trying to get through the traffic and keeping the lead, being a track thats not easy to pass I thought I was most vulnerable in traffic and I also had a small brain fade that let Andy get onto my bumper. When he was close however it was clear he was losing a bit in dirty air onto the main straight as I was when following Barracuda early. Zandvoort is a great fun track but not easy to make a pass so I was happy to get my first win of the season.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    tezpez85, Rolz, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  15. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Race name: Neil Faichney

Q.
    I was happy with the car balance and with my driving but I just couldn't snag a perfect lap, so ended up not quite matching my PB. Also I missed out on a final crack at improving due to someone else's lack of respect.

Laurenson, in qual when you come up behind a slower car, once you can see they are on their own hotlap there is nothing more you can do. It's best to cut your losses rather than persist with distracting moves and a crazy attempt at an overtake into T1. All you did was ruin my last 2 laps and you had no hope of improving yours. Please don't do that again. Show respect for all drivers, even those slower than you.

R.
    I enjoyed this race as I the car felt good throughout the race and I minimised mistakes. Starting near the back the first lap was about traffic management and it worked out OK for me. The T1 incident a few laps in gained me a few spots too. Bad luck to those involved. I had a good battle with Cap Sparkles (Anon) as he loomed in the mirror till I cracked under pressure and went wide letting him through. A few laps later as Wally was stalking me Sparkles returned the favour by going wide and dropping a couple of spots. Wally continued the pressure and the gap see-sawed a bit, but I was still in front. I saw Nanlatt and Steve having a decent battle and I was gaining on them when Nanlatt spun off at the hairpin. I started pressuring Steve but he held me off for a while before he eventually pitted. Soon afterwards Wally pitted from behind me so I stopped the next lap to prevent the undercut. It seemed to work and I slotted back in behind Steve again. It was a shaping up as a great battle. It looked like his car wasn't as stable under lower fuel so I was able to keep attacking. Unfortunately he also started warping a bit but I hoped it would clear up so we could keep battling. I finally got a good run on him out of the final corner and got alongside before T1 but his warping hit with avengeance resulting in a hit and I spun on the apex. Ah well such a shame and bad luck for Steve too as he had to drop out of the race. I recovered only losing a couple of spots and held on for 10th.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

was a great battle mate, sad it ended in a :):):):)ty way! Can’t wait until the nbn gets out here - so far only 13 months behind schedule!
    krunch likes this.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

My race report:

Quali: good
    Race start: Very good
    Race middle, Less good
    Race end: Even less good

The Lambo gearing isn’t right for at least half the corners here, especially t2 where you have to bounce second or go to third for a second and back down and the last sections of the lap where 1st is too short and second is too tall.
    Zandvoort was never a good track for me, Hungaroring won’t be great either, at least plenty of time to practice for that one
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.