ACC Driver swap test server

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 19, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With the latest patch 1.12 possibly fixing the driver swap issues and with a hope of allowing those that want to compete as a team for the Spa 2.4hr race on the 6th of January. I will put up a test server where people can ask to be put in as a team with someone else to test the functionality of the driver swaps. Anyone interested in testing this let me know in this thread and say who you want to be entered in a team with so you can test this in the server.

Anyone that would want to enter as a team for the next race or even the rest of the season (assuming no game breaking issues are found) really should use this server to make sure they understand how driver swaps work and that they have no issues with it.

People can post their findings here on how this works and what is or isnt working plus possible workarounds for any issues they may have come across. We have a few weeks to test and you dont necessarily need to test with your intended team mate especially if they dont have the time to get into the server and test. The more people we get to try this out the better as it will be more likely any issues will be found before the next league race this way.

Even coming fun runs if anyone wants to test driver swaps this can be arranged, it all takes manual entry list editing still so we need reasonable notice to set teams. ;)
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. Cooper

Cooper Rookie Gold Member

Hey Marty, chuck me and Krunch in
    thanks.

Matt
    krunch likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks I will put up a server soon, this will include a practice qualy and race session. It will be a regular passworded server so anyone can enter it but only those requesting to be a team will be entered as a team in it. All teams will be given admin access in the server so they can skip/restart sessions as needed to test using the in game admin commands.

If you guys even want to try run as a team in the coming fun runs I can make sure your added in as a team for these to test in a race environment with others. By default I will only add teams here into the team test server not any other servers.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have made the driver test server. "RaceOnOZ.com 07 [Singapore Server] TEAM TEST server 12 min max stint in race"
    P20 Q10 R20 and drivers in teams are admins. Commands /next /restart will move through sessions, you can also use any other admin commands while in this server.

I have actually recycled the old team test entry list so current teams in server are
    @marty @Rolz
    @Captain Barracuda @Godzilla
    @Cooper @krunch
    @SteveDrivingSlowly @Coanda
    @Mat Nipperess @Chris Nipperess

Password is "season1" anyone can join the server but teams need to be forced via entry list and the current teams will be updated in this thread.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Rolz likes this.
  5. Cooper

Hey Marty,

Trying to test the swap, is there a special password for the 2nd driver, which allows them to enter as "spectator"?

settings.json / spectatorPassword
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

No they just join the same, if entered as a team via entry list they will get a special spectator mode. If you join as a regular spectator you cant race.
  7. Cooper

hmm, we tried that, but we both had vehicles. Krunch could see me as a team mate, but i couldnt see him. I was there for him but it said i was "off-line"
    can you add a spectator pwd, we will try that?
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I think Frost's name or ID must be wrong in the server list. When he enters the server it sees him as a different driver to my teammate.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just double checked the entry list for the driver test server, your both correctly entered and GUID's match up and are copied from the season. There is a spectator password for all our servers which is "watch" but that isn't to be used for driver swap teams.

I really don't know what could be happening I will get on the servers later tonight and give it a try but wont be around during the day, possibly later afternoon but will go on discord when I am on.

I just saw in a post that the event rules are causing some issues in private servers atm so I have taken them off this test server now, possibly it will work with these off. But would mean that's a definite no for the Spa race if that's the case and its not fixed, everything else in the setup is as it was and worked in earlier builds.
    krunch likes this.
  10. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Cheers mate. Thanks for checking up on it. No urgency as it's clearly not ready for prime time.
  11. Cooper

Yeah, thanks Marty. Its this level of quality service that will make this country great again! we tried it again last night, it just didnt see me as "online", but it would let me enter in own vehicle. Shame.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Strange its not working at all for you guys in that server, I will double check there is no typo in the entry list as it always worked at least to assign people as a team. Not sure if possibly just having the server up 24/7 has an effect. I know some servers do weord things if you join them after they have been empty for a long time. Session start times are often nothing lime they are set in config and possibly this could be effecting the teams entry list too.
    krunch likes this.