ACC ACC season 01 rnd 8 Nurburgring Sprint cup 2x 30 minute sprints Jan 13 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jan 7, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 5 of the season will be next Monday December 9th for the 2nd Sprint cup round, with 2x 30 minute sprint races in the same format as the real Blancpain Sprint rounds. Just a bit shorter then the real races which are 1hr each.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This will have a 10 minute midrace pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyres. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session prior to both races. Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, don't be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you dont start with enough.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season1" Hotlap server password is "hotlap"

entry is also locked to only those on the season entry thread. All that started any rnd will be locked to the car they chose for the rest of the season.

Time scale will be 2x as the real round is 2x 1hr races, session times will be as below.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Friday 5pm)
    Qualifying 1, 10 minutes: 9:15pm AEDT (in game Saturday 2pm)
    Race 1, 30 minutes: 9:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 8pm)
    Qualifying 2, 10 minutes 10:05pm AEDT (in game Sunday 1pm)
    Race 2, 30 Minutes 10:35pm AEDT (in game Sunday 2pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in this entry thread

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.
    NEW FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Yanet's Weather Forecast :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, its fairly conservative but still seems Monday's get a bit wet. Temps will be a bit cooler this round as the season has been pretty hot so far. Hotlap server will be at 2pm and ambient temp 16C and there will be light rain in the hotlap server. :mad::D

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server is up for Wednesday warmups, its SA80 Singapore server but as always all ROOZ guys are whitelisted in. Ive put practice up a bit early hoping to get a few extras to maybe jump in if they see a server up with a few people as numbers have been pretty low recently.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

noooo mate come back! Don’t let it ruin this for you, and all of us who benefit from having you around!
    Coanda likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Oh man, what the f@#k Barra.. That licks balls! If it's your decision to leave I hope you rest on it and reconsider mate. Sim racing drama is not worth this much energy.. :speechless::poop:

... and I was going to have a crack at you come season II :p:roflmao:

Come on lads (ladies) I'm sure it can all be ironed out... :thumbsup:
    marty and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Damn that sucks, I didnt even read most of what was in that chat as I rarely use discord. Hope you can reconsider still racing, no idea how big a deal whatever was discussed or leaked was.

edit: looking through that chat with a few ROOZ guys I don't see any sensitive info in there at all so clearly not anything in that discussion. Sounds like an odd reason to stop racing here, anyway was fun to race with you and your welcome to race if you ever want to come back. ;)
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results from tonight.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

From last nights races one thing to watch out for exit of t4 early in the race can give a very harsh instant drive through. I got it here and so did @nanlatt I was a bit wide so a warning would be ok but to both get a drive through there is brutal.

Race 1 I didnt qualy and after a drive through in a 15 min race its not easy to get back into it.

R2 I did qualy but then forgot to add fuel for the race, 1 stop strategy also not ideal. :eek::D

Race 3 I didnt qualy again and was good fun trying to work my way through the field. Was just lucky a few guys over drove the entry into the final chicane. Otherwise passing here is far from easy. Was good fun though really enjoyed the battles so thanks to the guys involved. :D
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

That is brutal. The only way that's a penalty is if you ran over an orphan that strayed on track and we all didn't see him.
    marty likes this.
  10. tezpez85

Also, good carving through the guys in front @marty, enjoyed watching that.
    marty likes this.
  11. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

He was lucky :D:D:D:D
    Cooper (M.Frost) messed up the last corner and I was on the brakes hard but as soon as i got back on the power the rear stepped out on exit so made it too easy for Marty to breeze on past.
    Bloody hell that Porsche goes alright @marty , turns on a dime with no understeer, i'm bloody fighting tooth and nail to get the Merc to steer :)
    I am glad you pulled out of that pass on the right hander before the fast back section before the chicane as I had absolutely no vision that you came up the inside there !
    tezpez85, marty and nanlatt like this.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

Well :):):):). I got triples at christmas and so needed to build a new DIY rig, and I thought ‘cool I’ll enhance the man cave and build a dedicated sim zone with some storage and whatnot’.

was going great until I was installing part of a frame I’d made and it pressed on a wall - something inside the wall went BANG and blew a circuit in my house. Reset the breaker and everything is fine - except my PC is dead!

now I have to pull the bloody wall apart to find out wtf went bang in there and then work out what is dead in my PC - hopefully just the PSU. of course this happens on a weekend before I have to go overseas for work on Monday...argh!
    krunch and tezpez85 like this.
  13. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

Damn ! Hopefully just a PSU to replace
    Out of curiosity do you run a UPS to deal with power spikes and blackouts, therefore hopefully eliminating these issues?
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

no sadly not - just a surge protector that apparently saves everything but a PC! All my audio gear on the same circuit survived...!
  15. tezpez85

Yikes! Hopefully it’s just the PSU. Still, triples!!!
  16. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Ouch! Seriously bad luck man. Hope it is just the PSU.

Now if you'd just gone with VR instead of triples... just sayin :whistling::p
  17. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

18. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yeah I did think of it...thrn I thought of how much I already overheat during enduros and was like mmmmmaybe not. I will probs get VR eventually...but triples will be a huge upgrade for me now - imagine being able to SEE people overtake me!!!!

1080p - not sure PC has the grunt for 1440 triples - and I’m used to 1080p now so I figure what I don’t know I’m missing can’t hurt me ;)
    krunch and nanlatt like this.
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I'm getting a lot of NBN drop-outs at the moment (tech coming tomorrow), so I'll see if I make it tonight.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

You could try tether your mobile connection, it may be more stable possibly.