ACC ACC season 01 rnd 8 Nurburgring Sprint cup 2x 30 minute sprints Jan 13 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jan 7, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race server is up. :D
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results added to the second post and season standing should be auto updated, any new guys that raced tonight should be added to season standings automatically if not let us know and we will make sure you get added.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Prety good round for me, epic pace from @andyo450 and @marty though, well done.
    Lambo definitely went better in the cooler conditions of race one then the daytime heat of race two, great battles in both though.

Really wish the Oculus performance was sorted though, I have dropped settings heaps and t1 through 3 is still dropping in to the 20’s
    krunch likes this.
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

A round of defence for me - 1st race under huge pressure from Neil F, second race under huge pressure from Joshua Lyn. Good fun.
    jlynn777 and krunch like this.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Accidentally overwrote my dry setup with my wet one on practice start :unsure: So that wasn't a good start.

R1: Was defending against a fast A.Laurenson into T3 in the first few laps and got clipped. Nothing malicious, but got damage and my tyre PSI's were all over the shop. I could blame the accident for the 2 spins afterward, but the car wasn't behaving predictably so I should have backed off.

R2: Pretty much same incident but with M. Andrews this time into T3. Car was unbalanced with damage after that and I decided to try and not repair it in the pits to get track position. It worked until the last few laps, when I went into the final chicane a bit too hard, got a wobble and went off, dropping 3 spots. :cry:

Congrats @Andy, @marty @godz on the podium. On to Hungaroring...
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    jlynn777 and krunch like this.
  6. Brenno2301

Brenno2301 New Recruit

Hey @marty I haven't been added to the season standings. Cheers
  7. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

Had an awesome time for a 1st ever league race.
    R1 was a story of ambition falling short of traction and a couple of dumb incidents from myself, but a good result because of a few DNFs.

R2 I was being chased or directly battling the entire time followed by a spin and a facepalm moment of me not disabling a brake pad change in the pits. Pretty much ruined my race so called it a night there.

Thanks to all and apologies if I gave you a bit of a bump, time to get up to pace for Hungary!
    marty and Wally like this.
  8. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Sorry about that one man - knew we were close but was genuinely surprised at the contact - i mean the m6 has a lot of bonnet but like damn :p
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Great round for me and timely considering the disappointment of missing last week's big race. Two top 10 finishes and some close battles made it very enjoyable. It also marked my return to VR in a league race after being without my Rift for 3 months.

Q1: Botched my first run by accidentally activating the pit limiter and changing the engine map for good measure while trying to turn off my MFD (what a clown lol). Managed to get a lap in at the end but it was just a banker. P14.

R1: Start was OK and the outside of T1 helped me sneak up a little. In the midpack we formed a train which was really close and cool fun :). Found a rhythm and enjoyed the battles with what felt like half the field. Some incidents for others moved me up a few spots. I had a perfect pitstop and yet somehow Wally, who followed me in managed to drive out in front of me (how'd you do that man?). We then had a classic battle as I sat on his bumper for the 2nd half of the race. He absorbed the pressure and held me out (just). P9.

Q2: The big Bentley was feeling better and better at this track and with the surface rubbered up I managed a last lap PB to sneak into the top 10. P9

R2: Another OK start but this time I had the inside of T1 but it didn't concertina luckily so pretty much held position. Was lucky to avoid Tez's incident in T3. Battled with Matt F for a while before a mistake at the final chicane gave him the chance to get past at T1. Tez also took advantage and got me at T3. After that it was holding station until the last few laps when found a recovering Beller on my tail. He blowtorched my bumper till the finish. Luckily I held him out. Terrific stuff! P9

BTW check out my post in the ACC Discord chat to see my custom solution for keeping cool while VR racing. It's a mash up of an old esky, a fan and plenty of ice packs ;)
    marty likes this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Must say I really like the sprint format with the pit. Seems to create good racing and the pit stop adds that little extra. Practicing pit stops looks to be very necessary as I seem to have lost a good 5 seconds there.

Not having T1 pile ups also helps, really great to see that there’s clean racing through the whole field
    marty and nanlatt like this.
  11. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I think I just nailed the stop, without the car having to be moved. That's probably worth a second or two.
  12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Same here. Maybe it's because I don't start/stop the engine manually. I've just left it on auto.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race was a pretty good one, with the wet hotlap server it was hard to tell where I was with dry pace compared to others. @andyo450 was flying in the Mclaren and he put in a couple of better qualy laps then I managed to put together but 2nd both races wasnt bad.

Both race starts were ok, outside t1 isnt easy to make a pass on the pole guy but also quite vulnerable to anyone that follows him around but t2 gives the advantage back to the car on the left so both starts I just kept my 2nd place and tried to keep Andy honest at least.

Race 1 I may have gained a little on the stop to him, then as he exoted the pits there was some traffic ahead. This gave me half a look early but the second car we were lapping maybe didmt realize there were 2 leaders coming and so I was hung out a bit and Andy snuck a small gap. From there I followed him home and it was much the same race 2. Pit stops seemed more equal but even though my car felt a bit looser race 2 it also had a bit more pace. I managed to get closer to Andy with a few laps to go but didmt have enough in the straights to make a proper move and just hung on close to the finish.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Probably all auto is a bit slower, I have everything manual and pushed the entry line as hard as possible. Stopping the engine before your car is stopped is worth a couple seconds at least. I assume auto stop waits til car has fully stopped so your better off using manual stops.
    krunch and Flamebadger like this.
  15. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

I hadn't thought about this but I think you're right - the process to turn off the engine takes a while as there seems a bit of a pause after you come to rest, and then once the engine stops, there's a further very small pause, that's when the detection of where the car is re the pit bay seems to happen, so it probably adds a bit, and then when you leave the pit, I think there is a slight delay from being dropped of the jacks, to the auto-engine fire up occurring. So there's maybe half a second to a second difference between a 'perfect' manual pitstop and 'perfect' all-auto pitstop.

I am assuming if people are running manual engine controls that the issues from earlier in the game release cycle are resolved? As late as 1.0, I would find on a pitstop that no matter what button on my wheel I bound, nor key on the keyboard, I would about 2/3 of the time not be able to refire my engine with the bound button after a pitstop whether in single or multiplayer, and would have to navigate through the MFD to turn the ignition on that way, so I've had the engine controls on auto ever since, even when that meant on pub servers a massive disadvantage on formation starts to those who turned their engines on manually. If these are properly resolved I might switch back to manual control and do some practice before the race next week :)
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I never had any issues with the manual start, I have both ignition and starter mapped to the same button. Short and long press and this seems to work without issues.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

krunch and Wally like this.