ACC ACC season 01 rnd 9 Hungaroring Sprint cup 60 minute sprint Jan 20 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jan 14, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 9 of the season will be next Monday January 20th and is the final Sprint cup round, with a 60 minute sprint race in the same format as the real Blancpain Sprint rounds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This will have a 10 minute midrace pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyres. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session. Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, don't be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you don't start with enough.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season1" Hotlap server password is "hotlap"

entry is also locked to only those on the season entry thread. All that started any rnd will be locked to the car they chose for the rest of the season.

Time scale will be 1x as the real sprint rounds are 1hr races, session times will be as below.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Friday 6pm)
    Qualifying, 10 minutes: 9:15pm AEDT (in game Saturday 11am)
    Race, 60 minutes: 9:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 2pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in this entry thread

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.
    NEW FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Yanet's Weather Forecast :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, its fairly conservative still the same as most of the season though a few races have been wet. Here are track conditions prior to race 2 in the real round and this is close to what the hotlap server will be set as and base ambient will be 22c for the round.
    [​IMG]

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Pablo likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  3. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

"Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, don't be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you don't start with enough."

As if that would ever happen! :oops: :unsure:
    Godzilla and marty like this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Do not read the above message, I like free podiums :)
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Tonight we will have 2x 30 minute races at Hungaroring for Wednesday warmups. The Azure Singapore server is currently offline, I will test the AWS one. This has recently given huge pings for aussies and if thats still the case we will run from an Aissie server.

There will be no pit stops forced tonight so just 2x30 sprints usual time 8.30 Melbourne time practice. 9:15 q1.

I have put up a server for tonights fun run on server 07 Singapore AWS and server 01 Australia AWS, if pings are ok for all to the Singapore server we will use that if they are high we will use the Aussie one.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    krunch likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We had a few guys on the AWS singapore server get high pings so tonight will be server 01 an Aussie AWS server.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is a full video from race 1, start was a bit of a mess lol. I noticed Andy seemed a fair way behind me so I backed off to let him catch up then it went green. 3 wide into t1 amazed I only got a small tap as likely the other 2 didnt know I was the meat in the sandwich. :D Not an easy track to the pass on but would have been interesting had we got to this situation in the longer sprint race to see if you could use an undercut/overcut to pass someone you cant manage to on track.

andyo450 and tezpez85 like this.
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Caught ya napping boys! ;) Gotta ride the Terry train if you snooze the alarm.

No such luck in R2 where you guys flew off into the distance. Once again, my apologies to A. Sabo for the double contact in that one.
    andyo450 and marty like this.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

hope to make this one! anything that can be replaced has been now replaced in my bloody brake... had 2 days of great use so far... but the proof will be after the weekend... Sundays has been when it's normally gone back to belly up... fortunately sometime next week my new pedals arrive but I've been offline for so long it's sucked...
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Sundays is normally when I wind up belly up as well...
    andyo450 and Rolz like this.
  12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I won't be on the grid for this race due to family holiday stuff. Have a good race all.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  13. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I knew I shouldn't have looked at the practice race lap times...
    Rolz, Flamebadger and marty like this.
  14. Flamebadger

haha yeah I know how you feel. I Like driving Hungaroring but apparently I am very very slow :laugh:
  15. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

great fun tonight until I entered the pits too fast and got DQ'd - lol thought I'd practised enough but obviously not!
    best I get back into it a bit more slowly with a few 30min races first... straight into a 60min after a few weeks (forced) break was maybe a bit much...
    Cyas online again soon! :D
    tezpez85 and Cooper like this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Bad luck, AUTO DQ is disabled in the pits so not sure why it still gives a DQ for speeding, in any case it should just give a drive through or stop go for speeding in pits no mater what. One round to go you may as well give it a go, the more the merrier.

Thanks all for the race and well done to @tezpez85 and @andyo450 on the podiums also thanks to all that turned up and well done to all that made the chequered flag.
    Results are in the 2nd post.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Entertaining race. Sorry for the bump Tom S early on - you caught me by surprise slowing in the corner (or starting to slide?)
    I had a few early position changes with AGK - he defended well and held me up for several early laps. I had a spin mid-way when one of those kerb islands in the chicane unsettled the car and spun me nose-first into the barrier (letting AGK past again, but I was in front after we'd both pitted). I also had a bit of fun holding up Shane S for as long as possible until I ran wide at turn 2. Fun race.
    Sparksy84, marty and tezpez85 like this.
  18. Flamebadger

Great racing as always folks, really enjoyed it. Seemed my race pace was a bit better than my one lap pace as I was able to keep up with the people in front me. First 25 mins or so was pretty intense, I was near the back of a train that looked like it started at 3rd or 4th and came back to me in 9th at that point. Race seemed to settle down and everyone spread out a bit in the second stint, and I lost about 12 seconds on the guys in front of me in that half of the race, but was able to maintain a 6-8sec gap to those behind me. Happy with 6th after only just qualifying in the top 10, and being massively intimidated by the Wednesday warmup race laptimes!

The only annoyance was after losing time in the pits last week, I spent an hour before the server opened this eving just practing stopping in my pit box and not losing time as the game resets you to the correct position. So come the race I of course massively overshoot on my pit stop :cry: :laugh:

Big congrats to our winner and podium finishers, some astonishing pace up the front!

M Frost - when you had a bit of a tank slapper going on I think around the 20min mark, I am very sorry if I made it worse by giving you a nudge. I got no SA rating warning but I have a feeling despite that I may have caught you slightly as you were trying to get the Audi back underneath you - if that is the case, you have my apologies!
    Cooper, marty and tezpez85 like this.
  19. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

sorry bout the loop on the formation lap ....
    [​IMG]
    Rolz, Godzilla, marty and 2 others like this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race was fun, I had another shocker of a start. This time the lights disappeared behind my sun shade and I had no idea when it went green, in the end was lucky to only lose 1 spot but I had to drive down the pit wall to avoid getting stuck 4 or 5 wide into t1. :D

From there @tezpez85 had some very solid pace and I was wondering if I had enough to keep up, I set my aero to get better during the run so hoped my car would get stronger as it went on. First 5-10 minutes I was barely keeping up then the next 10 or so I made up the gap, then spent the rest of the stint trying to pressure Terry into an error or sneak by anywhere if he left me just a little look.

That didnt happen so I figured id try an undercut on the stop but if Terry stopped first lap the window opened I would stay out and try get some clear laps in to maybe make an overcut. He didnt enter so I snuck in at the first chance, luckily I just came out ahead of some traffic and had clear air, I put in qualy laps form there in the hope to get an undercut but also made a small pressure tweak from the first stint. Car felt ok and I was able to get in some good laps and make the undercut work as Terry stopped about 3 laps later.

From there I just went as hard as I could to the end trying to make a bit of a gap to not be too vulnerable if lapping any cars later.

Race highlights will be here soonish.
    tezpez85 likes this.