GT Sport Season 10 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2020.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Out tonight, kids first
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 3 results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Xtr3meNZer, pat65 and Hatfield like this.
  4. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hey any reason why on my last qualifying lap, it gave me a slow down penalty for 3 seconds? killed my flying lap, ruining my qualification
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Was there a yellow flag somewhere an you passed someone?
  6. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Faaarrrrk, what a frustratingly frustrating night. Thurs night in my race length practice session, when I was dog tired, I was flying, showing great pace and consistency with only a few offs, banging out 1:09s in the final stint.

Last night by comparison was slow, rough, inconsistent rubbish. Off at turn 3, 3 laps in row because I didn't brake just enough. The annoying thing is that you get through the corner, all appear OK, then this slow spin happens. Urrrghh!
    incey likes this.
  7. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah, possibly as whoever it was had pulled over as they had finished their qualifying (I heard on the chat a few people finishing up when I was doing my last flying lap)... Just frustrating that the penalty came out for something like that... It's happened before to others, I've never seen it before this season myself.

I feel your pain in regards to having a great practice to a not so great race. Myself, I was a bit slower than I expected throughout the race, but not by too much... and I held out as best as I could when in battles. So for me, the night was ok lol.

Hope everyone had a good race this week.
  8. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Funny I was the opposite, during practice keep hitting the big sausages. Would run off road. Thought I'd have to be alot slower to be consistent.

In race was near perfect accept at the end when wheel went on sand while chasing 1st. Was very surprised.

Even got in the 1.08.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    very similar for me, my consistency from practice runs disappeared on race night. pb for qually which was nice and had a few good laps in the beginning. The very long crash i had coming up to and over the corkscrew seemed to turn my car into a salami magnet and couldn't get the lines right very often for the rest of the night.
    Well done ursine on the one stop strategy. my tyres were wearing out on a three stop stratgey hahaha
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Had a crap qually, coming dead last by a decent margin.
    Still can't find consistency. Had several incidents, including a bump at the top that I caused through unexpected late braking.. and a handy little at least 360 spin if not more that ruined my tyres in the last stint..
    Sorry to @Steve Neilson for that mate.

Had the pace to be higher up the order, but couldn't pull it all together.
    Congrats to @UrsineSaturn9 , @Dazza83 and @Max Gassit for your win and podium finishes.

On to my worst event of the season..The Sprint..
  11. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    At least you did not come Last in the Race.....Shocking car and and awful regs no fun at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    All good man, was fun. Glad I came over now. I'd rather fight for last than walk for first. I was iffy at the start, legs all wooden, anxious a bit. Got settled and stayed on lap so happy times.
    incey, Hatfield, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thanks all, was an enjoyable race for me and certainly starting to find some consistency since switching to a wheel. Thought you had me near the end there Dazza, but just run out of laps. Shout out to Steve also for putting in a solid result after moving up to Div 3. Welcome mate! Sprint round will be a challenge. No fuel or high tyre wear to worry about, just flat out!
  14. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I don't mind the sprints so much, though it's going to be interesting seeing how I may be able to handle 25 mins on softs without changing, even with the tyre wear being slightly less, whether us that can't tyre save will bomb out...

The two weeks after that will be my worst races... First Wet - then enduro... yay lol
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'm happy.
  16. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I did a quick 10 laps last night, really pushing the limits (well, my limits) and making the tyres last & maintaining a competitive pace for ~18 laps will be interesting.
  17. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah... sounds 'fun' lol
    incey likes this.
  18. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Why even have tyre wear and fuel rates on in the sprint race??

Bit confused by this, not really a sprint if most ppl not pushing as hard or some ppl pitting due to tyre issues.
    Save the strategy for the other races, this race should just be flat out fast paced drivers skill with wear at 0
    incey, Ozglenn and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  19. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    +1
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I kind of agree. Fuel rate for this round is 1x so fair dos there but what about starting with say half a tank? Tyres are at 5x, which IMO is a little high. Why not say 3x so that you don't need to pit but it does make things a little challenging?
    I'll try another session tonight to see what not pitting does.
    Matthyus and Xtr3meNZer like this.