ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 1 60 Minute Zolder Sprint

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 10, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 1 of the new season will be next Monday March 16th, this is a 60 minute sprint race in the same format as the real Blancpain Sprint rounds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This will have a 10 minute midrace pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyres. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session. Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, don't be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you don't start with enough.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"

The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officialy entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night. You can enter even if you dont expect to run every round, there are 3 seperate championships and an overall sprint enduro combined. This should allow those that cant do every race to still be in the running for something.

Time scale will be 1x as the real sprint rounds are 1hr races, session times will be as below.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 11am)
    Qualifying, 10 minutes: 9:15pm AEDT (in game Saturday 4pm)
    Race, 60 minutes: 9:30pm AEDT (in game Sunday 3pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in this entry thread

Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Weather
    Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, temps will be similar to whats in ROOZ server 01, this server is also using the season locked entry list so ensure you can get into this server so you will be ok on the night. Temps should be around 24c depending on cloud cover and time of day

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.​
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Coanda, Jeremy Talbot, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    LuciuxNexx likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I reckon Zolder is my least favourite track on the calendar. There's just nothing to like about it.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

at least is done and dusted being first up then! :)
    Wally and LuciuxNexx like this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

looks like Andy has some trick ECU overriding the BoP boost again.. :p
    Frostwa and andyo450 like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Not looking good for me :(:cry: 2 days now and the DD2 power pack will not fire up.. I emailed Fanatec and they are happy to replace it, no questions asked.. I think it is a common issue with the DD1/2 series. I just have to work out how to get it here and if they will ship it direct. Probably not which means I will have to get someone in the US to help me out again..

I'm hoping this thing wakes up like it did the last few times so I can join in on Monday however it never took this long.. :unsure::thumbsdown:

Anyway good news for ACC today.. :thumbsup:
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Good luck with that, these common stories with fanatec is why I have avoided their products entirely. They look cool and are great when they work but still seems like they arent built even as well as the old plastic fantastic logitech stuff. Maybe fanatec should ship everything x2 so the user has something to use when their hardware is sent back for its regular repairs service. :D
  8. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

not wrong there @marty, my two previous bases fried themselves so they do have an ongoing issue with electronics. Not good enough really. I decided to give them one last chance only because they were offering a 5 year warranty for the DD2 + I did not want to start buying wheel rims again..
  9. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Have tyre set limits been added to multiplayer? Just joined the race server and only have 8 sets available. Thats really cool if its the case. Should spice the longer stuff up a bit.
    Rolz likes this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It is a server option now, I was just testing it on that server. Ideally it would be good if we could have unlimited sets in practice and then enforce limits for qualy and race sessions, the current implementation will just mean people do less laps in practice or possibly practice offline before the night then jump in for qualy.

Tyre limits would be quite interesting as it will add some strategy to qualy and even races if you needed to re use a set at some point. Running extra qualy runs will take a bit off your tyres early too. A 2 race sprint race weekend for example if you have P, Q, R, Q, R with mandatory tyre changes so 6 fresh sets ideal for the qualy and races having 4 sets available would be interesting.

As I said though with practice sets being an extra it will just mean many people will save that extra set instead of running the session giving them an advantage in the sessions that count. So for now if we have tyre limits it will be more then enough sets to use but can be tightened up later in the season.
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Very happy I went with the Simucube2 stuff, has been flawless and just so massively solid, zero chance of breaking anything.

Sadly I’ll miss round one as have work stuff in Adelaide, on the bright side I get to also go to Melbourne for F1 :)
    LuciuxNexx likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I don't think there even will be a GP McLaren just pulled out as the car had the sniffles. :p
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Saw that, I’m there now in either case, only difference is where I’ll be drinking...
    So much panic and confusion, crazy times
  14. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

F1 GP Cancelled :(
    But at least you're in Radelaide :p
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, a shame. 80k people went to the cricket and that’s cool, one guy gets the sniffles and the whole gp is canceled... Guess will just be drinking there. Shame as would have waited to go a bit later in the week and not miss round one here
    andyo450 and LuciuxNexx like this.
  16. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

If you are in the Adelaide City and like dive bars and craft beer... Little Pub on Hindley Street in Adelaide is good ;)
    Godzilla likes this.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I do like both of those things! Only there for Monday night though and staying about 800mtr from Pirate Life brewing.
    LuciuxNexx likes this.
  18. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

It's a hard life...
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I got invited to an F1 party in an apartment overlooking the circuit through work but it was with a company I really can't stand, so I made an excuse...now very happy I did that as spending time with them without the F1 on in the background would be level 2000 awful.
    marty, nanlatt, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  20. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Might not be able to make the first few rounds anymore. Looking like works gonna get in the way.