ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 1 60 Minute Zolder Sprint

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 10, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Bummer man, luckily the season is fairly long and missing a couple rounds shouldnt be a big issue.

We can also officially confirm that the season will still go ahead, anyone with coronavirus please put a plastic cover over your microphone on race nights. :D
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

A brief history of the last pandemic that Australia had:
    Swine Flu

The first Australian case appeared in Queensland in May 2009. There were 37 636 cases in Australia including 191 associated deaths.
    Dr Wood said it was worse in pregnant women and the Indigenous population and it was never defeated, rather it became one of Australia's regular flu strains.
    “The 2009 pandemic virus essentially knocked out one of the two influenza strains we usually get during flu season.
    “And we now get it circulating every year, sometimes it's the main strain and sometimes it's not,” he said.

Guess next year the Wuhan flu will knock out one of the current ones and be the strain going around
  3. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Do we really need to talk about this stuff on here as well? It's pretty safe to say we've all heard enough from day to day, let alone from a place we come to for fun.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Its really just because it significantly impacted our motorsport today, otherwise no
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The servers have been updated with the entry list reflecting the current qualification classes for all entered drivers late Friday night. Server 1 should also only have access to this entered so if everyone entered could test if they are allowed into that server it will help avoid issues on the night.

Everyone without a qualifying time atm will start as AM, if you cant get a qualy lap in before Monday then you can do it later and your class will be updated. Ideally everyone will set a lap before they enter their first race but it may not always be possible.

The entry lists will be updated again over the weekend and final update will be 6.30pm on Monday night, if you set a time and improve your grade it will not effect your in server grade until the next entry list update.

Any late entries that want to run rnd 1 will need to enter prior to 6.30pm aedt on the race night to avoid missing out on the 1st round, including GUID, full name info and a qualy time to ensure entry.
  6. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Can we see times from the static hotlap server anywhere?
  7. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

can you access this link?
    it doesn't have the results in any order though
  8. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I see nothing in your post (the old HTTPS problem).
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I think it is the first post on the hotlap thread mate - if you can’t see it there let me know and I’ll give you a login to the site directly
    Wally likes this.
  10. Paulfaus

Paulfaus Rookie

I can’t get onto the race server yet - it says the server is full?
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will take a look now and update the entries should be done in 30 min or so, hopefully it will let you in after that.
    Can you see this link
    I will also add this to post 2 of the current round thread and update hotlap thread.
    Wally likes this.
  12. Paulfaus

Paulfaus Rookie

Yep all good now, thanks
    marty likes this.
  13. Cooper

Cooper Rookie Gold Member

14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Can you give me your steam GUID, the one I got in your first post in this forum from 2015 is the one used in the entry list to the server. That GUID must be wrong or else there is something very weird going on.

Edit: I also checked your steam GUID against the one that is recorded in results from your hotlap at Zolder and its the same. No idea how this can then reject you from the server and seems a clear bug so I will open entries in the entry list in case this happens to others also.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results added to 2nd post, nice to see a good turnout for round 1 and also a couple more signed late so may see more in coming rounds. :)
    Jeremy Talbot, kuda and Shawn Jacobs like this.
  16. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

apologies to the green nsx at the end - i verstappened you :( same thing happened to me earlier and i should have left more room with the damage i was carrying - on me that one
    Flamebadger likes this.
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Bit of a :poop: race to open my season. I qualified 14th, but on the opening lap I ran into the back of M. Frost coming out of the chicane as he was braking for a car that lost control in front of him. Then a few laps later I had a run on P. Freeland into that same chicane and got past, but I made the mistake of not leaving him enough room as I braked into the corner (sorry for that), so got spun off into the wall and had to watch virtually the whole field go past as I was facing down the track. The car was damaged - I was having trouble turning on on the slow corners and was hanging out for the pit window that couldn't come soon enough, for a lengthy pit stop. Then in the second stint I was chasing L. Young in a good battle for the lofty position of 20th, and unfortunately tapped him off on a fast corner where I was carrying more speed than him - again, sorry.
    Cooper likes this.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Wally, Kcender87 and marty like this.
  19. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yeah my bad on @Kcender87 first few laps, full fuel and not adjusting break point... put u in a spin on a poor spot and dropped u way back... redressing on that hurt but I deserved all of it... really sorry and not an ideal start to season :(
  20. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

All good, these things happen. Little bit of a shame as on the time differential at the end I may have caught p24 but these things happen:)

As for the race as a whole, well wow. I think maybe a few rusty racers up front, spent most of the earlier laps in the midfield dodging pro class crashes! Alas on the third one, I finally went the wrong way and made contaxt doing some aero damage to the front right of the NSX. Car is already understeery as all get out at Zolder (because i am an idiot and dont undertsand setups so i run basically default setups) and this did not help! Also seemed to effect the aero balance and car was twitchy as anything in right hand turns. Ended up with a silver class train behind me, and they gradually got past. Was just trying to hold on until the pit window to repair the car. And then the instability got me on the right hander leading to the back straight and i had a massive shunt and utterly wrecked the car.

By the time I got back to the pits, repaired and got going, lost nearly 2 laps. And it was before the pit window sadly. On the plus side, when the car was fixed I was back to high 1.29s and low 1.30s which was about on the money for silver class. Gives me hope for future races as the NSX is really a new test for my driving style which fits front engined cars much better.

Ran the remaining 40 minutes gradually unlapping myself from the lower half of the field but was too far behind to make much progress in terms of places.

Overall quite frustrating but it was really good to be back! Chances are it can hopefully only get better from here!