GT Sport Season 10 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2020.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Once again another stunning rain round. 3 in a row of some of the best racing.
    Quali left me disappointed after I butchered my hotlap and for some reason we weren't given a second lap. Bit odd and left me off P3 wirh a very dodgy lap. I got jumped off the start thanks to la source being la saucey which left me vulnerable behind. I struggled to dice in dirty air and with other cars so tightly packed until @Hatfield made a small error and did me a favour by punting me spinning me out of that pack lol. Luckily that punt led me to do a lap 5 pit stop to do a full fuel stop, no tires and into clean air. I pressed on in clean air, pushing but with a fuel target to hit. Caught and dispatched of everyone I came to until the next guy was 15 seconds up the road and I realised I was in P4. Having saved enough fuel I fended off a hard charging @LITTLEBLACKO942 in the dying stage to secure another very promising result.

Well done to @KeedenMcdonald as always as well as @Russell you found another gear tonight mate and @Noremac showing me practice makes perfect
    Pubs16, Matthyus, Russell and 2 others like this.
  3. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    That was a fun race. I didn't find the true pace I know I had and I didnt put it together as well as I would of liked. But still awesome fun. Managed a great start to take the lead only for Keeden to pull off one of the best overtakes I have ever seen coming into Les Combes. I think I used a quarter of my boost in the first 20 seconds lol and Keeden still made the pass stick. Honestly I was full boost coming down kemmel straight while looking in my rear view, keeden was directly behind me, by the time I let go of the rear view button and coming into the brake markers my view changed to looking forward Keeden was magicly in front of me haha insane. Race was good fun. Its so much fun when you can set a decent pace and battle for the podium. Norm pushes me to the pit stop where I managed a mega in lap and still had a 1 to 2 second gap to him when he pitted. It was all down to if I took new tires or not. Taking tires cost me 2nd in the end lol. 1 and a half laps of to much fuel and new tires caused me to spend a lot of unwanted time in the pits. car was still fine and really quick. I just though I better take them and Norm though the opposite lol. Positions swapped. It was much harder to follow and pass then lead. Bummer I hit Norm coming into the bus stop on the last lap. I honestly thought there was a lap left and was trying to really close the gap for one last crack into Les Combes when I pushed it really deep on the brakes into the bus stop and hit norm causing him to rest. I was looking in my rear view waiting for him when I accidentally crossed the finish line oops. It caused a ugly finish to a perfect race from norm. Sorry about that again dude. Great drive from you. Congratulations on being best of the rest. Well done Keeden you sick puppy
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I do enjoy racing in the rain; makes it just that little bit harder and more unpredictable.
    But man does my pace suffer :laugh:
    Quali was actually good, P4 I think.
    Got a rubbish jump off the line, however kept it clean through La Source to move up into P3.
    Held position for a few laps, and that's about where the good fortunes ended for me as mistakes crept in and I slipped slowly down the field.

That's not to say that there were some fantastic scraps, with some side-by-side dicing with @JonoStan96, and @Pubs16 not leaving me alone for a second.
    I kept the overtake to defend at the end and it was working lap after lap, until it wasn't.
    The penultimate lap saw me defend into Les Combes again, but a lazy effort to defend Jono into Bruxelles allowed him through. In a desperate attempt to set up for a dive into Pouhon, I got all out of shape coming out of Makozi (No Name) which gave Uncle a sniff. When an uncle gets a sniff of vulnerability, you bet he takes it.
    Uncle's move into Pouhon had me sideways out wide which then let Bryan through as I was trying to collect the car.

Well done to @KeedenMcdonald as per, and to @Noremac and @Russell for equally incredible drives right up until the final corner.

Onwards and upwards I suppose. Catch ya's :inlove:
    Pubs16, Russell, Noremac and 3 others like this.
  6. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Nice essay boomer
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Hello
  8. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Just an FYI. Nights now changed to Thursdays. 4 spots left.
    [​IMG]
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 6: Suzuka - 90 mins - 15:45 - 15/3 (Endurance Round)
    ^RS, RM & RH (ALL mandatory), 8x Tyre, 2x Fuel
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 10!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 5 mins. Once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING AND YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE
    RACE START TIME : 8:25 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be aware of cutting T8, & T16-17. Also be aware when returning to the circuit especially if you are returning from the tarmac sections outside track limits as you will have dirty tyres (T2, T13-15)

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Softs, Mediums & Hards (ALL COMPULSORY - NONE MAY BE MIXED ie having different compound on front or rear)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

OVERTAKE BUTTON : This seasons car has an overtake button. Please ensure you map this button to your device. Also be aware using the button, increases the cars fuel usage at the time, so plan accordingly.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occuring for passes happening near the parked car.

ENDURANCE ROUND : This round will be twice as long as normal. We recommend getting a bathroom break done before qualifying or you might need to make a longer pitstop during the race.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Briefing Change:
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 5 mins. Once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING BUT YOU CAN CHANGE TYRES AFTER QUALIFYING ONCE THE ROOM HOST/CAPTAINS GIVE THE GO-AHEAD
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo tests his endurance
  13. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    I'm likely to be out again tonight. I'm still unable to get in and out of my rig.
    If I can get some practice in on the ds4 and there's room, I'll join. Otherwise, run with the assumption I won't be there :thumbsup:
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Another comeback drive for myself tonight. Qualified poorly 6 tenths off my PB and down in P5. Made a great start but was held up by cars ahead and ended up in a side by side situation with @Hatfield and some poor driving on my behalf left @Russell with no where to go and me in the sand. From there I pushed on with the Mediums, with absolutely zero clue what to do on strategy. I quickly overturned a large gap to @Pubs16 and Hatfield and after another display of rubbish driving on my behalf, I cost myself and Hatters around 15 seconds again lol. Pitted for Hards that lap and in for Softs the next. Ran the rest of the race pitting on 25, 35, 45 etc for fresh softs and 10 laps of fuel. Couldn't believe my eyes when with less than 10 laps to go @MINT_GTR hit the wall at Degner 2, gifting me a P3 finish after quite possibly the worst ooening 5 laps in rooz history lol.

Commiserations @Noremac for a podium gone begging but well done @razor4797 and @KeedenMcdonald
    Really keen to see everyones F1 liveries next week!
  15. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
  16. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I will take 5th all day. Not much practice and not much raw speed left me feeling underwhelmed before race start. Qualifying was poor started p7. But managed to steal a few spots early. I pitted every 6 laps and started having some faith in the strategy for the first half of the race. Felt like I was stuck in race with Norm until he just dropped off. Not sure if he had a spin or something. At half way it was clear that I am pitting to much and not fast enough to stay in contact with the front runners. My lack of speed helped me keep it on the road for a change though lol.
    I feel like razor and viperzed have gone to another level this season. Maybe just a bit older and faster now or something? Slow down ya Basterds. Norm you're knocking on that door too.
    Also xlxy90 little crush on me is super weird. I find you sound like a door to door salesmen or a used car salesmen or something really corny and cheesy. Man you must feel embarrassed after talking you're self up so much last night while trying to compare yourself with Keeden as usual haha. A true show of class. You're a weapon xlxy90
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    you blokes didn't give us much to talk about, so i had to chat about something!
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The best bit about this is that xlxy sells used cars
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I only sell the used cars that die 5 mins after they are driven away. I'm trying to get on ACA. Aunty Tracy is my idol.
    Hatfield and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    For some reason I have a strange desire to buy something from Jb-Hi-Fi :thumbsdown: