ACC ACC Monday's Season 2 rnd 2 Monza 90 min Enduro 23rd March

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 17, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 2 of the season will be next Monday March 23rd, this is a 90 minute sprint race in the same format as the real Blancpain Endurance rounds.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This will have a 65 minute max stint, with a mandatory stop to add fuel with fuel time fixed so all fuel stops should take 25 seconds. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session. Its not compulsory to change tyres during the race and may be used strategically as it will give a 5 second faster stop if not changing tyres.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night. You can enter even if you don't expect to run every round, there are 3 separate championships and an overall sprint enduro combined. This should allow those that cant do every race to still be in the running for something.

Time scale will be 2x the real Monza round is 3hrs, session times will be as below.

Free Practice 40 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 5pm)
    Qualifying 15 minutes: 9:10pm AEDT (in game Sunday 11am)
    Race 90 minutes: 9:30pm AEDT (in game Sunday 3pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the
    Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in this entry thread

Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Weather
    Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, temps will be similar to whats in ROOZ server 01, this server is also using the season locked entry list so ensure you can get into this server so you will be ok on the night. Temps should be around 18c depending on cloud cover and time of day

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see
    this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.​
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  3. kuda

kuda Rookie

Thoughts on extending qualifying length to 15-20mins? Qualifying on Zolder was a bit congested.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We are already discussing this, I will put up a poll later. The main problem with lengthening qualy is it will extend the length of the night or move qualy sooner. With timezones in Australia +-3 hours then possibly also some kiwis in the mix moving sessions earlier or later rarely helps especially when we get to the longer rounds already.

Going from 10 to 15 minutes likely wouldn't help and could make things worse, at 10 minutes not everyone will do 2 runs. 15 minutes most will so cars will be exiting pits more often and my main issues with qualy were cars exiting pit lane and killing my lap t2 twice.

A 20 minute session would work more like 2x 10 minute sessions with most cars probably doing 2 runs, cars doing extra runs and stopping on track (about the worst thing you can do in a server) to exit to pits and run again may ruin peoples laps when they stop and also again when they exit the pits. Traffic is a tricky thing to manage and everyone is in the same position some will win some will lose, the real series also has red flags to deal with and way more cars in enduro rounds with 60-80+ in some races. If we can get a server option to make escape to pits end of session and also force tyre set limits from qualy to races only I think lengthening sessions may be a better option then.

There were real races where top teams never even got a flying lap due to traffic and red flags, the shorter qualy can mix the grid up a little especially in the tight midfield. It does limit how often people exit the pits so less outlaps in the session then if you have a longer session and many cars may have 2 or 3 outlaps which means those on flying laps quite likely wont get a much better qualy session even by lengthening it.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  5. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

See if I'm here for this one... it's my annual windsurfing speed-sailing comp next week... usually it involves sitting around drinking beer moaning that there's no wind... sadly now that I have 2 rugrats ditching parental duties to do that doesn't get wife approval... (funny that) so will only head up if the wind does actually kick in...
    [​IMG]
    TakFR, tezpez85, krunch and 2 others like this.
  6. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

At least there is only one bad chicane at Monza compared to 3 at Zolder :p (for me)
  7. Rolz

Yeah not a fan of Monza as if u stuff up one or both chicanes that lap is wasted for decent laptimes..
    tezpez85 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

I've really only driven Monza in the F1 games, so obvs its going to be a different beast in the Aston, I wasn't enjoying the chicanes too much at Zolder, but managed to mostly get through. The first one is a blast to get right the last was awful every time.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  9. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Is the 65 min max stint for a driver swap in game? (As in can you solo this event and just put another driver under your control in when it comes to a swap)
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

That just means the longest you can run without a pit stop is 65 minutes, there is a mandatory stop to add fuel and the most likely scenario is you will do your one stop and add fuel between the 25 and 65 minute mark to do the race in one stop.

The real series also has a 65 minute max stint in enduro rounds (I am not sure about ICGT will need to check) this is a way to balance cars that may use much less fuel. Some cars will barely make 60 minutes on a full tank but others may go much longer, the fuel stop time is also set the same if you add 1L or a full tank so this takes away any cars advantages if they use much less fuel then others.

If you exceed the stint limit you will be DQ by the game and so also in the results.
    TakFR and Rolz like this.
  11. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Is there any way of telling what the weather will be like or is it randomly generated by the game? I guess test a wet weather setup either way?
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server 1 is setup the same way it will be on race night, it is dynamic though and so it may rain or may not temperatures should be around that mark but will depend somewhat on how much cloud cover there is.

Its pretty conservative in setup but the few times I used that server last week it was wet yet the race night was dry.
    LuciuxNexx and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  13. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

No more Janet? :unsure:
    Rolz likes this.
  14. Rolz

@SteveDrivingSlowly will we create a new hotlap link for Monza? with some ppl in other cars this season they might to better or worse that last season and then won't see their result.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Yes indeed mate - I just need to set the default date range to two weeks so it drops the results from previous season hot lapping (when we we all so much younger, in our pre-clooney years).
  16. Rolz

Legend :thumbsup:
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Ok this is now done. I have made it so that the default date range is -14 days to 1st Jan 2180 (hover car series ready). If the data looks weird, lemmie know and I will find a new and different way to screw it up instead.
    nanlatt and Rolz like this.
  18. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

People asking for longer Quali runs when all I want is a non-lethal t1 at Monza
    krunch likes this.
  19. kuda

kuda Rookie

Admins please make ROOZ Monza Mod with T1 ironed out.
    nek minute T3 is ironed out too, end up with "Monza Oval Mod"

I'm not complaining my 3 least favourite tracks are all in the Enduro Cup, makes it easy to avoid them :)
    krunch likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This is where its really down to each individual driver, its very possible to go side by side here if both cars leave room. Making a pass is fairly doable as long as the guy taking the inside doesn't do a full dive bomb miss the apex and run the other car off track on the outside lane. This is bound to happen a few times per race and Wednesday races is a great time to get some practice here, 3 starts likely considerably smaller fields then we will get Monday. ;)

Lap 1 mid field to back of a large grid will be considerably slower, general rule is to pass someone you have to go around them not through them. If you have a poor qualy and think you can gain 5 or 6 spots into t1 and cause a big pile up, then this will be looked at post race and penalties may be given for anyone that causes a pile up. Race is 90 minutes getting damage lap 1 can be pretty much end of race needing an extra stop losing nearly 1 lap, nobody wants that but tis down to keeping in control and avoiding silly moves you cant pull off. If cars ahead are slow you need to slow more seems simple but its a concept many seem to not understand and once 1 car rear ends another the entire field behind will likely join the party.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.