GT Sport Season 10 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2020.

1. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That race was a bit of a grind considering the field spread and the distance side of it, but overall it was still enjoyable. Car and track combo was on point and it was fun to really push the car and get the most out of it, especially through sectors 1 and 2.

Binned my first quali lap at spoon and half-binned the second lap but it was still good enough for P4.
    With strategy up in the air and the only piece of info I had was that the pit-stop was extremely short, I figured that testing the length and feel of the mediums and using that to judge the rest of the race was the way to go.

I had an on-track and strategy battle panning out really nicely with @MINT_GTR before he unfortunately got dragged into the wall from the astro at degner 2 late in the race, gifting P3 to @Viperzed and spoiling any chance we had to fight it out for the final stint.

P2 at the flag in a sort of best-of-the-rest scenario with @KeedenMcdonald being on another planet yet again, so I'm bloody pleased.
    See you next week for the finale at Brands, which I fear may be a repeat of Laguna Seca (hopefully not)
  2. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @JonoStan96 :whistling:
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
  5. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    was that meant to be funny?

it wasn't funny
  6. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I think it is
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    [​IMG]
    Russell and Viperzed like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 7: Brands Hatch - 50 mins - 21:00 - 22/3 (F1 livery round)
    ^RS & RM (RS mandatory), 10x Tyre, 2x Fuel
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 10!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 5 mins. Once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING AND YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE
    RACE START TIME : 8:25 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be aware of cutting sheene curve.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Softs, & Mediums (SOFTS COMPULSORY - NONE MAY BE MIXED ie having different compound on front or rear)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

OVERTAKE BUTTON : This seasons car has an overtake button. Please ensure you map this button to your device. Also be aware using the button, increases the cars fuel usage at the time, so plan accordingly.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occuring for passes happening near the parked car.

F1 LIVERY ROUND : Make sure you show off an F1 livery! Whether it be from your team, or your own replica.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    JonoStan96, MINT_GTR, Russell and 2 others like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    With the maintenance for GT Sport happening now, there could be an update to follow.

Please check earlier than race time for this update. If you are one of the first to find out, post in your div chat on psn and also here.
    I will make the call to postpone later if need be.
    As it is a normal length race, we should be able to start later if need be
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Play stupid games
    Win stupid prizes

Ballsed up my quali lap which only cost me one spot luckily. Had a mega launch which put me onto the back of @Noremac but when I had a go around the outside of Hawthorns he slightly misjudged himself and sent me wide and let @MINT_GTR through which hurt big time. Made another genius strategy call to run 22 laps on my first set of Softs which ended my race immediately. Still had great consistency on them but it was never going to work. Proceeded to have some fun for the final half and got P6 for being a nuffie

Keen as for next season!
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    22 laps on softs! :eek: 2 stopper for me, but 14-15 laps per stint was about as much as the RS could handle
    Matthyus and Viperzed like this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    A shame the season’s come to an end, gonna miss this car.

Happy to take 3rd after a woeful start to the race, thankfully despite zero practice I had enough pace to comfortably bring it home on a safe 2 stop. A spin put paid to my chances of challenging for the win which was a shame as Mint and Keeden did run into issues in the second half of the race which I could have capitalised on.
    MINT_GTR, Pubs16 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Can't say I reccomend it lol
    Matthyus and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    “My tyres are dead, Bono”
    Viperzed likes this.
  15. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Seems like a lot of people managed a 2 stop? That's impressive. I did a 3 and 2nd did 4 stops. Was it medium tyre at all?
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    a strange race for me

I felt like I had some pace in relation to the guys normally just in front of me, and qualified 7th only 0.1 behind @Pubs16
    Had a decent start and through others misfortune, made up some places, but I hit the kerb at sheene and it threw me wide like never before, so went to last.

I pushed and made up some spots and strategy of 9 lap stints seemed to catch me up to those running too long on tyres, but little incidents with some others pushing me off (accidentally and apologised for, no worries :thumbsup: ) kept me from making any major gains. Even with those issues, I had picked up some positions overall as it seemed many others were experiencing their own little issues or offs.

Just before my last pitstop I spun and lost the spot to pubs, and as we pit the same lap, in the end I couldn't reel him in.

Apologies to @MINT_GTR if blue flags were frustrating. I came out on fresh softs, and was getting the flag notification at the hairpin, but then would pull away and the notification would disappear until the hairpin next lap. However, congrats on beating @KeedenMcdonald !

Thank you to everyone that helped with and participated in this season.
    Thank you to @MINT_GTR for the idea for this season
    Thank you to @Matthyus for the tables
    Thank you to @Demo 1 Garage for streaming
    Thank you to @xlxy90 for co-commentating ( @Viperzed & @CaptainRisky21 too for their contribution)
    Thank you to the stewards group @emmo46 Viper & @JonoStan96

Next season at this stage will be a vote between Bryan's RS01 idea that was up for vote last time, and a Group 3 car I have yet to decide on.
    Tentative dates are:
    Meet n Greet 3/5
    R1 10/5
    R2 17/5
    R3 24/5
    R4 31/5
    R5 7/6
    R6 14/6
    R7 21/6

Entry thread for S11 is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-11-entry-thread.3991/
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Pole @KeedenMcdonald
    [​IMG]
    @groover33 dsc

I need assistance to get FL's and the lap count please as I ran out of space so couldn't save replay
  18. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Surprising way to finish the season!! Of all people, I had money on myself to be the first person to go lawn mowing with just quali practice prior to the race.

Qualified P2 and as always, stuffed the launch and filed back into p4! Things got spicy against Norm and @Viperzed which allowed me to capitalise and then try to see what I could do about the alien that is @KeedenMcdonald

The first of many surprises, I was able to catch what was a loosey goosey keeden and then with him pitting on lap 11, i thought I would try the 2-stop alternate strategy. We came back together 11 laps later with keeden spinning right in front of me! Must have been the pressure mate ;) and myself assuming the lead once again.

Once I started my final stint, I went to have a crack at the FL but stupidly did it closing in on @CaptainRisky21 and the dirty air sent me to next season. After finding my way back to the track, the rest of the stint was intense with keeden hunting me down on fresh tyres and unfortunately getting close enough to @Hatfield at times which was causing extra wear on the tyres, all good about the blue flags mate :)

Anyways long story short, just nabbed the win which was a nice way to cap the season off!! Well done to Keeden and @JonoStan96 on a solid podium result.

Thanks to everyone for racing this season, the first time for me with creating a season so hope you enjoyed the combos although a shame with the dirty air effect at some of the rounds, cheers GT!

See you all next season!
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  19. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Looking forward to watching this race back on the Demo1Garage stream
    MINT_GTR and Matthyus like this.
  20. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Really wish I had found some time to do ANY practice before that race.
    I managed to get home bang on 8:20 and joined the lobby as qualifying was almost halfway completed. Scrambled onto the track and did a messy lap to begin the night’s campaign.

An average start but aggressive first few laps saw me make up about 5 positions, only to lose it at sheene and allow Bryan and Uncle Pubs through.
    With strategy up in the air and almost running the mediums without being prompted otherwise in the party chat, I was winging it; seems to be a theme.

The last stint I drove my arse off to try and catch Bryan, reeling him in by over a second a lap, and boy the car felt good. However I pushed too hard and made another error at sheene which lost me a crucial second of time and dirtied my tyres and ultimately cost me the chance to have a go at Bryan on the final lap.

P5 was all I could muster up, not the worst result to finish off what was a season of the highest highs and some tragic lows.
    If I’m not mistaken, I believe I have finished 2nd overall in the season which is bloody fantastic result. Can’t be too disappointed with that!

Cheers
    Xtr3meNZer, MINT_GTR, emmo46 and 3 others like this.