GT Sport Season 10 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You were unstoppable tonight mate! Great race!
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    looking at your race and lap times, very impressive. :thumbsup:
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    What a race and what a season! Provisional season champion! :D Had a shakey start to the race as couldn't get the traction control to turn on so lost a couple of places back to P5, but continued on with my 2 stop strategy and managed a P3. Can't complain about that amongst drivers like @Matthyus, @Max Gassit and @Dazza83! Had a minor brain fart mid race that put me into the gravel losing about 10 seconds, but kept it on the black stuff for the rest of the race. Looking forward to the mid-pack battles in Div 2 next season, though will miss my Div 3 peers! When the servers stop having problems I'll post some photos
  4. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Congratz.. too good with this car so smooth and constant, hardly saw your put a foot wrong all season. Wish the same could be said for me i crack under pressure to easy. Still very happy with provisional 2nd, wasn't expecting that. Now the season's over what was your trick to not wearing the tyres out..
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    What a season! Congrats to @Matthyus , @UrsineSaturn9 @Dazza83 @Max Gassit for rounding out the top of the class. Some class shown right there.

Starting this season, hating this car, when I come out the other end of it, I've grown used to it, and actually enjoyed the last two weeks of racing! (I think a lot of that came from me racing the Daily Race C a few weeks back). The more and more I race with you gents, the better I become - so bring on the next one!

Last nights race was quite good! @THE_UNDER_STUDY and myself having a few laps of battles, but unfortunately little mistakes kept putting me behind, and ultimately having 1 lap of fuel extra needed to finish the race, I had to get that. In saying all that though, last nights racing with Under Study was some of the closest racing I had this season, and although nerve wrecking normally, I felt quite comfortable.

Thanks everyone for this season!! I was quite negative near the beginning, but that was due to some real life issues I've been dealing with. I think they have mostly been sorted, so I am looking forward to moving forward, and looking up!

Can't wait to see what the options for next season is!
    Max Gassit, emmo46, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thanks mate. No secret or tricks, just short shifting, holding higher gears in the corners where appropriate, minimising steering inputs with smooth transitions, not downshifting too quickly, gentle and partial braking and being smooth and progressive on the throttle.
    emmo46, incey and Matthyus like this.
  7. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Congratulations Johno !!!!!!!!!
    That is awesome well done Mate !!
    Congrats to @UrsineSaturn9 and @Dazza83 on a great season ....
  8. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yeh, that doesn't look right. Happy to that the 6th place though. :p
    emmo46, Matthyus and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  9. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Congrats @Matthyus on a storming drive. Congrats to @UrsineSaturn9 on the season win.

For me once again, Brands proves an unhappy place to race, despite one lap where I managed 1:08.843, funnily enough when the fastest lap at the time was 1:08.348. I can never seem to get a good result at Brands, not sure why. Perhaps it's my new Suzuka, having recently figured Suzuka out.

My one shining light this season was the second place at Spa in the wet. Till next season gents.
  10. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Seems like a lot of people managed a 2 stop? That's impressive. I did a 3 and 2nd did 4 stops. Was it medium tyre at all?
    Matthyus likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thank you to everyone that helped with and participated in this season.
    Thank you to @MINT_GTR for the idea for this season
    Thank you to @Matthyus for the tables
    Thank you to the stewards group @emmo46 @Viperzed & @JonoStan96
    Thank you to Room Hosts & Captains @T F Eccles @Xtr3meNZer @Matthyus

Next season at this stage will be a vote between Bryan's RS01 idea that was up for vote last time, and a Group 3 car I have yet to decide on.
    Tentative dates are:
    Meet n Greet 3/5
    R1 10/5
    R2 17/5
    R3 24/5
    R4 31/5
    R5 7/6
    R6 14/6
    R7 21/6

Entry thread for S11 is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-11-entry-thread.3991/
  12. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I did three, stayed on softs all the way. Stopped laps 11, 22, 32 where I added enough fuel to the end.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    RS 14 + 14 + 15 laps. Though Johnno did 5 stops I think and blitzed us all
    Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  14. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    8, 17, 27, 38/39 can't remember which lap it was. I was kinda winging it based on gap at the start.
    Was going to go 6, 14, 24, 34, but the gap at the start wasn't big enough so went for another few laps to build the gap so when I came out I was on Dazza's tail for the suck. With fresh tyres and Dazza on old ones, catching wasn't an issue, but waited until he pitted before making a move. Too dangerous otherwise.
    From there it was just a matter of keeping it tidy.
    Had a few grass excursions at Shennes (@Bryan_F ) :rolleyes: and a massive sand excursion at T1 on lap 40ish.
    I lost 20s there, but still had 20+ up my sleeve. Was sweating bullets!!
    The hardest part was keeping my focus. I tend to fade / lose my focus during a race and this race was no different. I had to at random moments, actually push through the fade to force my focus back on the track and not the gap, position changes, lap number, how many before I pit, FL, etc the list goes on...o_O
    Luckily I managed to make it through the race and held on to the win:D

I would say enjoyable, but man I was wrecked..
    GG to PNL for a 1,2 and 3. It was a goal all season and we got there in the end. I'll admit that I was at fault 6 times out of 7 though :)
    incey, Max Gassit, Xtr3meNZer and 2 others like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Wasn't Dazza 3rd?
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    And this is where things got interesting. To me Max had dc'ed at lap 8 ish. It even came up with the message This driver has left the room. So the only person I could see in 2nd was either Dazza or Ursine depending on who was actually in 2nd at the time.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    WD @Matthyus. I was the one that bottled the start this time (I'm blaming "mechanical failure") though not quite as spectacular as your effort at Fuji! :p
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ah, it all makes sense now, Dazza apologised to me for allowing a PNL 1, 2, 3 nd it then had me confused when I saw the results. All good.
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This might help all to see WTF happen last night
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Weird