ACC ACC Monday's Season 2 rnd 2 Monza 90 min Enduro 23rd March

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 17, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

You have been added now.
    T-86_RS likes this.
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

A race of two parts for me.

Part 1 was fantastic with an awesome long see-sawing battle with Vandelay and Jesson for the lower end of the top 10. I ended up in P7 before the stops began and I felt I had a good chance of a finish well in the top 10. The car felt good and I wasn't making major mistakes.

Then came my pitstop.

I didn't notice that 'change brakes' was ticked and that little checkbox ruined my race. It added 45 sec to my pitstop and all the hard work in the first half of my race was undone. My fault totally but still a hard lesson. After that maintaining motivation and focus was difficult and while running 15th I eventually hit one of the Ascari curbs which pitched me directly into the RH wall and destroyed the car. I limped to the pits where a lengthy repair dropped me way down the back and I brought it home in 20th.

Ah well.
    andyo450 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  3. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Not going to lie, I was a little distracted watching the relative from behind near the end since there was barely anything in it.

I never got used to Ascari and suffered pretty badly lap time wise for it, the rear of the car was never happy through it and I nearly died a few times, it was ok for the rest of the circuit so mainly kept up. Had a bit of a boring race in the end being stuck in no-man's land though.
    andyo450 likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Ahh bad luck man I was really looking forward to a fight with you second stint as I remember what awesome fights we had on Monza last season and even back in the Lambo ST single make race. Did you have different pads on your pit strategy to those you ran in 1st stint? If you start your stint on pads 1 and have pads 2 in the pit strat it will auto tick the box and ruin your life...I have done it plenty in practice races against AI!
    Coanda, krunch and andyo450 like this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

BY THE WAY I just wanted to say thanks to all drivers in both races so far - yes there have been some incidents but I am just really happy to see so many people in the races and lots of new people in here posting and racing. It is awesome, don't be discouraged by a bad race or an incident - it's great to race with you guys and I look forward to Monday nights BIG TIME each week!

Thanks you lot!
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I definitely felt a shunt but I got no damage warnings, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  7. Jarmel

Jarmel Rookie

Thanks all for the race was heaps of fun , really liking the longer format. Gratz to the winners and podium for all classes well done.

For the race was lucky enough to only get minor contact at race start, think i was the last one to get thru it with out losing much time, then copped a love tap at T1 didn't seem to effect me to much so all good.

Settled in to the race and had a good battle for quite a few laps with a couple of others, got by due them making errors. Had clean air and was catching Coanda by about .3/10ths a lap got with in about 7 seconds down from 10 and he started to find his rhythm and started pulling away slowly. Decided to push harder and made a few silly minor mistakes and the gap was back out to 10 quickly. Had an 8 second gap behind so tried to settle into the groove and be consistent. Had a major off at exit of the 2nd chicane put the power down to much too early and went at right angles in to run off area losing 2-3 places.

Pitted about 60 minutes in, good clean pit chose to repair for the 14 extra seconds picked up a few places somehow. With the repairs and fresh tyres lap times were good again no one to catch and no one chasing me so was in a bubble and tried to stay consistent and out of the way.
    About 6'ish laps from the end had another major off , again snap over steer this time at exit of lesmos 2 and slammed into the wall. After that i was down about 2-3 seconds a lap of normal pace. I let a few cars unlap me but then i noticed Mael coming up behind and catching fast and i didn't want to get lapped by him so full concentration couldn't afford any silly mistakes this helped to refocus and not just go through the motions , Thankfully managed not to get lapped with a couple of seconds to spare, one more lap he would of had me.

Question tho, both my snap over-steer mishaps happened late in both stints just curious as to why they may have happened. At race end the tyre wear was 2.6 for the first stint and 2.7 for the 2nd stint, to me they seem like they are in pretty good condition still ?? One thing i did notice was tyre pressure had dropped by about 1 degree all round down to 26.9/ 27.1 towards end of race. Would that of contributed to the snap over steer or more than likely simply driver error.

Thanks all again look forward to the next one
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    krunch likes this.
  8. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Could be tyre wear. Could be a few other things. ACC is super sensitive when it comes to ride height. Because you run no wing at Monza a larger percentage of downforce is down to the underbody aero and this means to car is even more affected than normal. 1 full PSI will change ride heights compared to what you set for sure (this must've happened from a few off tracks or heavy kerb use, I lost nowhere near this). Depending on the car your heights will change as the fuel comes off as well. It could have been one of those things or all of them.
    There is a feature in the setup screen that you can only use in practice sessions. If you set your starting race fuel then go to the aero tab theres a Fuel Load test or something like that. You can set a lower number and it will show you how much your ride height will change at that fuel level. If you leave that enabled and leave the pits it will set the car at that fuel level and ride height so you can test how it feels. New tyres will change this though so its probably best to wear a set down and use them. This isn't available in any other session though, only practice.
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yep that was exactly it. I had taken time and care (I thought) to set up my pit scenarios early in prac but I later decided to run the race with pad 2 and forgot about changing the pit strat to pad 1 doh! I still should have seen that the checkbox was ticked when I entered the pits but clearly I'm going blind as I get older :p Yep its a shame we didn't get to battle again - this mistake took me out of a few possible battles unfortunately. But there's always next week ;)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  10. Jarmel

Jarmel Rookie

Ah k , will check out thanks .
    Although now i think of it I might of been a little misleading. The lower psi might be due to the slower lap times i was getting after the damage i received from the wall. These psi were after crash pressures not before the crash pressures not sure what they were just prior.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

I ran the first stint about .8 PSI under ideal as The session was cooler than I was expecting and ascari was really sketchy throughout, especially on exit - Was much better after the pit and upped the pressures
    andyo450 likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@SteveDrivingSlowly - I was watching you on the MFD slice through the field.. Nice one Stevey :thumbsup:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Ha thanks mate - I don't think I was ever faster than the guys ahead of me (or as it turns out, behind!), I just got lucky with incidents and damage until the end I think
    andyo450 likes this.
  14. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

I hesitate to add though RE: backmarkers.
    What would you rather? A backmarker letting you by when they are comfortable? Or doing something silly and taking both you and yourself out?

5 seconds V 5 minutes. I know which one I'd rather face.
    krunch likes this.
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

Don't forget Back-markers has the right to race as well, it should not be expected that they give way immediately. If the leaders have to wait a corner or two then so be it.
    krunch and marty like this.
  16. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

was great fun racing had some awesome battles. couple minor contacts but we all carried on no issues. still learning how to run closely with other cars on ACC as its a bit different to iRacing. i definately prefer how the draft isnt ridiculous and damage isnt over exaggerated like it is on iRacing!

I also really like how courteous and respectful other people are when racing. in iRacing if somebody doesnt like you passing them they just put u in the fence. i found everybody i raced with on Monday were very respectful and left room, didnt block etc so thanks for that. looking forward to more awesome racing!
  17. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

You can save the car in a slide in this easier as well, which iRacing really can be bad at.
    T-86_RS and LuciuxNexx like this.
  18. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

That's something else too. I was in a fight with one of the Smiths for position who was only a couple seconds behind at one point. I could not let the leaders by as I normally might if I wanted to keep my spot.
    I couldn't afford to lift off on the straights because Smith would have flown by me. I just had to wait until (a) the faster car used their 1337 skills and drove around me or (b) arrive at a turn like Parabolica with plenty of space where I could just drift wide a little and lose minimal time to Smith behind me.
    marty and andyo450 like this.