ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 3 2x30 Sprints Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 24, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]

Rnd 3 of the season will be next Monday with rnd2 of the sprint cup, with 2x30 minute sprint races in the same format as the real Blancpain sprint rounds.

This will have a 10 minute midrace pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyres. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session before both races. Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, don't be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you don't start with enough.

Time scale will be 2x as the real round is 2x1hr races, session times will be as below on Monday 31st of March.
    Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 12pm)
    Qualifying 1, 10 minutes: 9pm AEDT (in game Saturday 4pm)
    Race 1, 30 minutes: 9:15pm AEDT (in game Saturday 6pm)
    Qualifying 2, 10 minutes: 9:50pm AEDT (in game Sunday 11am)
    Race 2, 30 minutes: 10pm AEDT (in game Sunday 4pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in the season entry thread.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night. You can enter even if you don't expect to run every round, there are 3 separate championships and an overall sprint enduro combined. This should allow those that cant do every race to still be in the running for something.

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.
    Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Weather
    Weather will be pretty cold with a higher chance of rain then the last few rounds, the real 2019 round was very cold and wet.
    Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, temps will be similar to whats in ROOZ server 01, this server is also using the season locked entry list so ensure you can get into this server so you will be ok on the night. Temps should be around 11c depending on cloud cover and time of day
    [​IMG]

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Coanda likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

22.6 nice time Marty :cool:
  4. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

more brownouts and earthquakes over the past 24 hours which means the fanatec PSU is down again so I am not sure about Monday.. I'll try to get there if I can.. Last time it took about 8-10 days to come good again.. Oh and my daughter is sick with a fever so maybe I wont.. If not have a good one guys..

go team Audi :thumbsup:
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Is there anything you can do about this? Some sort of surge protector or possibly a UPS to avoid your wheel base dying like this due to unstable power supply.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I currently have a PSU surge protector.. I will look into a UPS if and when the shops open up again.. Lucky it came good after 24 hours this time so hopefully i'll see you boys on the track come Monday night.. I read these fanatec power bricks have a self healing fuse however they have issues with them as I and others have reported similar issues..
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Good luck Coanda.
    Coanda and Bueller like this.
  8. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Hope your Daughter is ok
    Coanda likes this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

yeah man I hope your family is Ok. I reckon a UPS might do the trick for your power supply. I was thinking of getting one myself as I get power cuts fairly regular around here and I know the fanatec stuff does not like it one bit.
    Coanda likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thank you mate much appreciated.. First time she has been sick however after two days she has come good and back to her energetic self. :D My partners uncle visited a week or two back and now he just got out of the hospital from having Pneumonia.. He is on the mend now and seems better however the mind did wonder with all this junk going on..

Anyway.. :speechless:

Sending some love from the Philippines back home to you all in OZ :)

.. man it would be nice to be back in the OZ right now out in the middle of nowhere doing a spot of camping and fishing with a few cold ones tied up in the current.. :cool:

If we have 30+ drivers on this little track tomorrow it's going to be nuts..
    krunch, Wally, tezpez85 and 2 others like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looks fairly likely to get some rain tomorrow night with the server weather settings. Server 1 and server 8 both have weather set as it will be tomorrow and running in these there has been rain in quite a few sessions.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Wally, andyo450 and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  12. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Thanks for the heads up Marty :thumbsup:
  13. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Rain tomorrow sounds great.
    Frostwa likes this.
  14. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

We all got together for a vote and you have to run slicks if it rains ;);)
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We werent meant to tell him, I thought we just agreed hide his batch of wet tyres. :mad::D
    Frostwa, andyo450, krunch and 2 others like this.
  16. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hey Marty, I missed all the sessions last season where it rained, how does rain effect the mandatory pitstop? I.e. if i start slicks and then the heavens open after 10mins and i stop for wets, (or vice versa) do i still have a mandatory pit stop to do in the usual pit window?
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

If it rains 10 minutes in I believe your options is to put them out again in the pit window or drag whatever tyres you have on around until the pit window
    andyo450 and Flamebadger like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With the sprint races you still need to make a tyre change during the pit window. So if you think you need to change tyres outside this it means you need to make an extra stop.

Strategy wise you will need to decide if you want to be on the wrong tyres or do an extra stop, seeing a stop is likely to cost at least 1 minute at most tracks your often better off on the wrong tyres but if the heavens really open up then the stop may be the better option.
    andyo450 and Flamebadger like this.
  19. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Thanks guys, appreciate the clarification. Wasn't sure as some race series waive various pit stop requirements when a race is declared wet. :)
    andyo450 likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I much preferred Yanet bringing us the weather! :sneaky:

Since she is back in the dungeon, next time Marty can you dress up for us all..? :cautious: