GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

UPDATED NEXTGENTWO WEIGHTS

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Mickez123

Mickez123 New Recruit

BMW will do any specific livery to use or just any will do
  3. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Any is fine.
  4. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I will set up a livery for next round
    THE_UNDER_STUDY and Mickez123 like this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You had me at "hello"
    Max Gassit likes this.
  6. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Yep fine
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    will be in the HTO#99 tonight.. No provisional grid posted for the 3 hours so I could be wasting my time shootout practicing
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race 1-12
    [​IMG]
    Race 5 -16
    [​IMG]

Lap times 1 -12
    [​IMG]
    Lap times 3 - 14
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My race was stuffed before the first pits stops again, I spent a whole lap with engine dmage. Lonely race for the next 15 laps but then had to race hard to prevent being lapped and then a good battle with Undies after his last stop for last place. I lost out on the penultimate lap as my tyres were at the end of their life. I think I am too slow for this group and will retire to Gen2 for next round.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  10. THE_UNDER_STUDY

You could've photoshopped us two out of the bottom.;):whistling:
  11. THE_UNDER_STUDY

I had the same issue. I spun coming onto pit straight and spent a lap with 10 seconds worth of damage to repair.

And if you have to go to Gen 2, that must mean I have to go to Gen 4 then.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You beat me up pretty good there at the end.
  13. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Much fresher tyres.
  14. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Championship Points after Round 4. (Provisional)
    [​IMG]

Team Results. (Provisional)
    [​IMG]

Individual Driver Results. (Provisional)
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Turn 1? I'll await the review, but came out with front aero damage. Then end of lap 3, some argey bargey in front of me sent a car sideways in front of me that I could not avoid and then engine damage for a whole lap while I limped into the pits. Was a lonely race from there except for one side by side battle on lap 25 (unfortunately was me being overtaken though).

Anyway, enough about me and well done @gtkingx who was unstoppable tonight!
  16. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well it was a great night racing for myself, qualifying in 2nd, which I was shocked about, and then to come off due to my own error at T1 putting myself back to 10th (waited for the train of cars to go past as I didn't want to stuff anyone elses race with a rejoin), to come back to 3rd in the end for me is a massive achievement in this field. Going for a two stopper - S/M/S the car felt good, and I stuck to my guns and had a good time. Just missed out on FL by 0.010 seconds haha. Well done to @gtkingx - very fast, couldn't catch you! and also to Apex for your 2nd placing. I was pushing really hard the last few laps to try and catch you, but alas it was not meant to be.

Unfortunately on my way back up through the field, I did see a few incidents which puts a bit of a black smudge on some otherwise brilliant racing. I'm sure there will be some footage to trawl through to find out what's happened in those cases.

I think everyone needs to realise that early race (as in less than 5 laps when everyone is very tight together) there is no need for diving and pushing around - of which I witnessed coming back through - those moves can ruin someone elses race, and sitting there for 20+ laps in a race by yourself sucks - I've been there and done that, as I'm sure we have all had to deal with.

Other than that little remark, it was a good night of racing, with some very fast paced laps as we an see hitting 28's and low 29's.

Catch you all on the track!
    Max Gassit, gtkingx, Apex_64 and 3 others like this.
  17. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Also another note I wanted to point out - how close the qualifying times were - total of 0.781 seconds separating Pole through to 14th - that's very competitive!
    incey and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  18. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Your not too slow for the group, you merely have been harshly handicapped from the start. Generally the handicapping has worked out really well with most drivers having a sniff of the podium in different races.
    But I think now is time for some fine tinkering and for you to be given some weight relief.

Congratulations GT_King on a Gr8 race, absolutely demolished us all, pole, FL, and a dominant win :thumbsup:
    Well done Xtr3meNZer on a fantastic recovery after your unfortunate mistake early in the race.:thumbsup:
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  19. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Interesting race in NG2. Started P4 and ended up P1 at turn 1, but the sheer weight of my car made me a sitting duck in a straight line so I was P3 by turn 2. P1 again on the exit of 2 after both cars ahead ran wide. Now we get to turn 3 where it all kicks off. I was forced wide by dives from holdenman and blunty, but no damage so no harm done. What then proceeded was carnage as I got back on the power and blunty seemed to slow down and get rear ended by godzilla which then shot him hard left and into me, with me being turned into the sand with aero and wheel damage on the right hand side. Fighting for the lead > dead last. Pitted for the damage and drove hard to make up time, making overtake after overtake along the way.

P4 was the finishing result which is where I started. Happy with the comeback drive, but rueing what would have been a mega fight for the win with holdenman. Enjoying the series though, cheers.
    Apex_64, Peersy, Xtr3meNZer and 2 others like this.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yes, heavy damage certainly keeps things "interesting"