GT Sport Season 11 Division 4 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If @incey wins with both bonus points (total 102) he needs:
    - @Xtr3meNZer to score 7 or less

If @pat65 wins with both bonus points (total 106) he needs:
    -xtr3me to score 11 or less

All other drivers are not in with a championship shot but of course will still affect their own final placings and the championship outcome.

With incey winning, xtr3me needs 8th.
    With pat winning, xtr3me needs 4th
    The position required by xtr3me drops by 1 for each bonus point his 2 rivals do not get, and drop by 2 if he is the one to take the bonus point.
    Matthyus, Xtr3meNZer and emmo46 like this.
  2. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Good luck @incey and @pat65 - it's been a bloody good season, and hopefully a nice close one this weekend. Much looking forward to it. Lets fill the podium ;)
    pat65, FlaccidFox and Matthyus like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't know if anyone has ever won a division championship without winning a race. This could be history making.
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah, lost my shot last week with a win, and doubt I will take the win this week - though I will be doing my best!

Gotta make my mark somehow I guess lol
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It has been done
    Matthyus and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Damn - no history for me then lol
    Matthyus likes this.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sorely disappointed I couldn't be there. but Interlagos is not my friend and I would be lucky to be in the top 6.
    Good luck to all.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  8. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

first sheep :):):):)er to win a championship without a race win? :whistling:
    pat65 likes this.
  9. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hahahaha - yeah yeah
  10. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Gutted you can't be there either mate - would have been a good finish to a very intense season.
    Matthyus likes this.
  11. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I have already won...
    Steve Neilson, Matthyus and pat65 like this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 7: Interlagos - 29 Laps - 13:45 Fine - 31/5
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 11!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins. With the x0 fuel in qualifying, we will be using qualifying mode so if drivers are late, qualifying can start later eg 8:25. If drivers have informed that they will be later and room captains agree to wait for them, qualifying can be completed in practice mode, then results saved and fuel rate changed back to x2 then grid set by host. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:25-30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

ROLLING START : If a driver has a connection issue, their car has the possibility of not following the rolling start procedure and instead turning in a tight circle/into the wall and holding up drivers behind. In the instance this occurs, a restart MUST happen. If this isn't resolved after a restart, the affected driver can try once more starting rear of the grid. That way if the issue remains, they will hold no one up and can exit track.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : With rolling start, we have more room going into T1, but you should still be cautious not to dive into someone. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    This track has many different run off areas, but please be especially careful with Turns 1 through 8

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Please make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Failure to do so, where an incident/impede is caused, will have consequences
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    Chatwin, incey, T F Eccles and 2 others like this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well done @Xtr3meNZer for a very consistent season. Happy that you eventually got a win.
    I had some fun laps in that race but once again my fuel usage let me down, 10l less coming into the pits and put in 10l more.
    Overall quite happy with the season, was a lot of fun racing with you guys. A couple of us @Xtr3meNZer and @pat65 probably won't be with us for S12 but it is was good to race with them before their promotion.
    pat65, Apex_64, Xtr3meNZer and 3 others like this.
  14. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Congrats to @Xtr3meNZer on the race win and the championship win, where consistency has paid off. Commiserations to @FlaccidFox, worst riming ever for your wheel to brake on the penultimate lap.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    pat65, Hatfield, Apex_64 and 5 others like this.
  16. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Had a very satisfying return to the track after missing last week. Qualifying has not been my strong suit and I made a couple of errors to end up 7th. I was honestly not expecting much from the race as all the pre-race chat made me think I was well off the pace and the first few laps seemed to confirm that thought. I settled into 7th behind @DeanK who had a moment putting me up to 6th behind the quick boys. There were a few different strategies in play throughout the race so I never really knew where I sat but I had a great duel with @incey throughout the race. Was not expected to end up 3rd after the final round of pitstops which turned into 2nd by the end so very happy with the result.

Congrats to @Xtr3meNZer on the win tonight and overall! Hard luck to @FlaccidFox on the technology malfunction - you deserved to win that as you were the quickest by quite some margin. I hardly put a foot wrong and was 15s behind by the end.

Looking forward to next season when it rolls around. Still disappointed it won't be in the Raptors but I'll survive.
    pat65, Xtr3meNZer, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  17. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    First of all - WHOOOOHOOO - YEA BOI!!! AAAAAAARGH!!

Right that's out of the way lol - what a bloody good season with some top notch drivers in this division. I couldn't have asked for more fun, and competition. Thanks to everyone that's congratulating me, I'm very much elated with my win, and the championship.

Kicking off in 3rd after qualifying I knew I was in with a good shot, but I had been debating my fuel strategy all night. Realising that I was falling off the pace rather quickly when it came to lap 8-9 I went for a 3 stop strategy - pitting 7-14-22. Some hard and fair racing throughout, managed to get past @incey and sat behind @FlaccidFox for a bit, I got past him and lead for the last part of the first stint - pitting in on lap 7 and getting no fuel helped - got me another 7 laps. I came out at the same time and pushed for another stint. He got past me and lead the way the rest of the race until his very unfortunate wheel problem, that sucks dude.

Coming into those last few laps where I had flaccid fall off, and I had @Chatwin about 3 seconds behind I had this huge grin on my face - but I still had 3 or 4 laps to go, so just knuckled down and went for it. Coming over that line in P1 for the last race of the season, when who knows who was going to win coming into it, was just awesome - a great feeling.

Again, thanks everyone, special mention to @pat65 and @incey for rounding out the podium for the season. Will miss racing with most of you competitively, but I know we'l be mucking around again in the near future.

Cheers!
    pat65, Hatfield, Apex_64 and 9 others like this.
  18. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

well done @Xtr3meNZer on your first victory. ;) very happy for you dude.

so near yet so far for me. managed to snag pole by nearly half a second. i let incey go by early in first stint. i've learnt from the last few races that he guzzles fuel and destroys tyres, so i knew track position was irrelevant so early on. i tried to let xtr3me past cleanly at T1 as well but I think he misinterpreted my wide line as a mistake and we both lost a bit of time sorting ourselves out. luckily incey had no pace after a few laps and we both cruised up to the back of him and dawdled about saving fuel until the stops. our strategies played out perfectly and we both put a big gap on the pack and never looked back. i managed to keep saving more fuel throughout the race and got a decent gap on xtr3me from the shorter pit stops. unfortunately 4 laps from the finish with a 14sec lead my down shift paddle stopped working. i was stuck in 6th. i tried to limp home but was losing too much time so i reset my wheelbase. then i was stuck in 1st. :cautious: limped home 10th and last.

apparently its a random software issue conflicting with fanatec f1 wheels from the latest ps4 system update. fanatec's track record for console patches hasnt been the best so i guess i'll just have to wait it out. :unsure:

thanks for having me div4. i've had a lot of fun these past few races :D
  19. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Well done sir. Gonna miss watching your backend.;)
    Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    what a flattering story