GT Sport Season 12 Car Vote Preliminaries

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 25, 2020.

?

Season 12 Preliminary Car Vote - Top 5 going through to final round (multiple selections allowed)

Poll closed Jun 4, 2020.
  1. Mazda Roadster Touring Car

50.0%
  2. Lexus LC500 2017

17.9%
  3. Nissan Motul Autech GT-R 2016

39.3%
  4. Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4Matic 2013

10.7%
  5. Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 2010

42.9%
  6. Ford GT40 Mark I 1966

25.0%
  7. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior 2014

26.8%
  8. RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

33.9%
  9. Mini Cooper 'S' 1965

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

It was only last night, but if i recall correctly i out-qualified you by 0.5sec on 4 lap old tyres. Yet in the race I let you by on lap 2. I'm not trying to start a personal war with you @incey , i just dont have any personal experience racing against anyone bar you here, and I learned a lot about your style at Bathurst and now Interlagos. It is what it is. :cool:
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The tuning debate's been run and done before. It's not getting turned on because immediately it eliminates the driver who has no time to practice. They can't be competitive. The whole point of Sunday league (fron what I've gathered anyway) is to put people on a level playing field and let them race. And whether you like it or not, it works.

@JonoStan96 runs a tuning series if anyone's interested.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I've got time to practice, just no idea how to tune a car, so please leave tuning off.
    Viperzed, Hatfield, Chatwin and 2 others like this.
  4. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Exactly and I have no issues with this, so if the league has this rule for tuning, shouldn't the same rules apply to things like fuel and tyre wear.. some drivers can get a huge advantage.
    So if tunings disabled to keep a even playing field really fuel/tire wear should be scaled back also??
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    No just stop sucking and participate in what you signed up for
  6. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I generally hate high tyre and fuel burn, but because you are making such a huge song and dance about being shid at saving both and having to do a strategy, I'm asking for max multipliers.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Isn't saving tyres/fuel a driving skill?
    I would say tuning is a tuning skill, not a driving skill
    You tune to suit the way you drive, but with tuning disabled, you drive to suit the default tune

There have been other groups that have run tuning leagues before (not rooz) and they haven't gotten the numbers we have and some are not around anymore. (Could be that drivers stay here because they really love me though...)
    Steve Neilson, Apex_64 and emmo46 like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    this isn't helping
    neither is this

stop trying to make it personal
    Apex_64 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    But i am helping

#acab #blm
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  10. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I do not completely agree with you're statement. First of all there is only 3 drivers I can think of that are truly that good and they would be Keeden Metal Gear and mint Matt. Them 3 can adapt and are the ones to beat in any car or and regs. The rest are very human and clearly are stronger in some cars and regs then others. I personally have always had my best seasons with light fuel wear. I have got a little better with tyres through the years, but pay through the nose in extra time in the pits from burnt fuel. The last 2 seasons have been the hardest on fuel I can think of in the last 5 years. Still fun, but clearly the better you are at saving fuel the better you're result will be. It use to feel like the faster you're lap times were the better you're result would be. I don't see anyone other then the 3 mentioned going much quicker with light fuel regs. That's just history speaking
    Apex_64 and Mezign like this.
  11. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Gotta love the 2 pointless posts by the div 1 clowns
    2ndly I'm not pushing for tunes I don't want them..

I guess the issue is hat, some drivers are gonna like the default tune over others and will suit them straight away. which put others that don't suit it at a disadvantage.. would be hard to change your driving style and adjust to a default tune. So most times you just need to deal with it.

One season driver A might love the default setup be great at saving tyres etc and driver B won't.
    Then next season Drive A may struggle and driver B might love the default tune and save better.
    But if fuel/tyre where set at a minimal then both season's driver a and b would have fun at no disadvantage.

That's all I wanna say in regards to this.
  12. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Hold up. Honestly? That's the best you can come up with?
    We need tyre and fuel multipliers to make the racing more than just a straight-forward sprint to decide who is fastest. It's an essential part of this competition and another element you need to consider if you want to win.
    seth123 likes this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I think you may have got lost in your own myriad of statements, but to be fair so has the thread.
    It is simple really, we all have different preferences, from a G1 car to a Mini, from low tyre wear to high, from high fuel rate to low and we all have our track preferences too.
    Personally I think season to season we should rotate race and road cars (maybe 2 seasons racecar/1season road), rotate all drive trains, and return to lower fuel and wear rates for the same reason as no tuning, so you can turn up and compete without practice.
    Mods should throw up 5 cars in the category due in the rotation for a poll with tyre and fuel rates included so testing is possible for those who desire.
    After the car is chosen, then we should have our track poll.
    I never vote on cars anymore as I don't race in G1 and G2 seasons as I can't cope with them racing anymore as a "grandpa".
    So my voting is too biased.
    I voted for BryanF format last season because he had Bathurst, not for the Renault.
    I will always vote on tracks though because I would like Bathurst:inlove: and Nurb 24hr:inlove: every season in any car.
    Even though I am biased I will still vote on the tracks because I will still race if my favorite tracks are absent.
    incey and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  14. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

I feel like this is all my fault :eek:

My logic behind this was It Simple car simple rules and regs should make for a fun and entertaining championship. it allows people to focus primarily on the car without strategy, Keeden, Matt, and metal gear are in a league of their own. and will always be the quickest no matter what, For us normal folk, it should logically close the field up but also. someone said its all apart of being a driver skill by having good strategy, I thought we were here to racing not focus on strategy, because sitting behind people to save fuel isn't racing either, the only race it is, is who comes outta pit lane first
    gtkingx and incey like this.
  15. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    A race result is determined by the order drivers cross the line after a set time/distance. How you get there is all part of it. I personally much prefer the strategic option. Wheel to wheel combat is counter intuitive to the definition of a race. Sure, it may be fun, but daily races or public lobbies can give you the "show up and race" fix. Whats the point in league racing if we aren't taking advantage of all the variables available to us that aren't used in the public options?
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    The driver that drafts and fuel saves behind the first place driver until the last pit stops wins with a pass in the pits....great battle
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Or if you look further back into the field, the guy that made a mistake and fell away from the pack can make his way back into the race through pit strategy. There's always multiple variables.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Race or racecraft?
  19. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

How so? you generally would burn more fuel by trying to catch up as a result have a long pit time?
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't drive to save fuel, I go flat out but somehow I'm still easy on tyres and fuel. Where strategy comes in as opposed to fuel saving is working out the best time to change tyres, especially when there are tyre options.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.