GT Sport Season 12 Car Vote Preliminaries

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 25, 2020.

?

Season 12 Preliminary Car Vote - Top 5 going through to final round (multiple selections allowed)

Poll closed Jun 4, 2020.
  1. Mazda Roadster Touring Car

50.0%
  2. Lexus LC500 2017

17.9%
  3. Nissan Motul Autech GT-R 2016

39.3%
  4. Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4Matic 2013

10.7%
  5. Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 2010

42.9%
  6. Ford GT40 Mark I 1966

25.0%
  7. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior 2014

26.8%
  8. RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

33.9%
  9. Mini Cooper 'S' 1965

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    If you were to end up in that position you could either let all hell break loose and run qually lap after qually lap trying to catch up, or you could take it easy, think about possible strategy positions that would bring you closer. You could try an undercut that would put you with the group but on older rubber, or you could try and run consistent laps saving fuel while everyone ahead is battling.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I can't believe the absolute bloody mess that this thread has become. For people to turn around and start questioning how to make a good season in our 9th year of operation? Yeah ok lol. Throwing your demands around in the CAR VOTE THREAD is not useful what so ever.
    A. I hope every single one of you complaining has driven every car on this list at every wear rate available in the game so you must know full well how the best racing will be acheieved.
    B. You don't even know what car will be picked yet?? We have 5 practices races ahead of us to determine the car for the season and we're imploding at the mere sight of some slow cars and some unofficial words on tire and fuel wear? Wow. Seriously guys buck up a tad. The car vote will end tomorrow, we'll run our practice races, determine our season car and then have a civilised discussion about what wear rates will produce best racing.....In 5 weeks time. Until then lets all keep uninformed and premature comments to ourselves.

Cheers.
  3. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    :thumbsup:
  4. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    This...

Though I do have to laugh when you said 'then have a civilised discussion' :laugh::laugh:
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah @Viperzed where have you been the last few years? civilized.... pfft ;)
    Max Gassit, seth123 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  6. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

What about going half way, have tire wear, so you have to be smart, use a bit of strategy there or risk stuffing you tyres. (Plus u don't loss heaps of time in pits)
    But have minimum fuel burn this way if you push hard or are just a heavy fuel user, you won't loss that 4-5 extra seconds in the pits.

Like Murphy said this is about trying to bring things closer, having 1 person pit for 30 secs and 1 person pit for 35 secs doesn't bring things closer.
    incey likes this.
  7. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Whilst I agree with what you're trying to say mate, People like myself do a lot of fuel saving in a race to work out strategy etc. Without fuel to worry about, yes the heavy users would have a yield without worrying but the subtle users would be able to stop their fuel saving and absolutely send it for the entire race. Until the final stint, I was fuel saving at roughly 1-1.5 seconds a lap at Interlagos so no fuel to worry about would make me a lot faster for sure. Theres no point bringing the pit time to a level point if the guys you were racing before are suddenly going to be a second a lap faster than you.

Now once again, all this wear talk is much too premature. We don't even know what car we are using yet or what wear rates will work best. Lets all just drop it until then and keep this thread to a minimum...
  8. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    It's not like adapting your own style to suit the requirements of the car is a lot to work out. This is GT, not iRacing or Assetto, or even ProjCars. There's very little involved in car management.

Tyres have very vague temperature based performance. If you slide through a corner you feel the effects of overheating for a few corners. If you sit in the pits for around 2min they go cold and it takes half a lap to build temperature. It's a very on/off system. No real noticeable scale to manage. The normal operating window is HUGE!

If you brake late into corners you're going to be front limited and wear the outside front heavily. If you use max steering lock you'll scrub the fronts and wear the outside front EVERY TIME. If you run TC you can't use the rears to rotate the car. You actively demand more of the front tyres and in turn suffer understeer and lack of grip sooner than those who don't.

If you run the car to the redline it will burn copious amounts of fuel. If you short shift it saves a lot of fuel. Fuel mix settings are broken, they don't give a fair trade off so Mix 1 is the only sensible option. Drafting doesn't save as much as short shifting. That's about it.

There's no rocket science involved in making the car perform within a strategically achievable window. It's all the most basic management you could ask for. Anything less is just Mario Kart.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    let's petition PD for blue shells
    gtkingx and Mezign like this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hahahaha - could you imagine it!
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I was the shell, just ask @KeedenMcdonald (but I wasn't blue)
  12. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Gimme Bullet Bill!
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Great tips, thanks
    Mezign and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  14. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    My word is law and no one is allowed to talk about this until I say so. I am super fast and would be even harder to beat if I didn't need to save fuel. End of discussion. Far out that's heavy lol and funny. I guess you could shut me up by going consistently 1.5 seconds faster then you're best lap times this season. I would like to see that. Dude you would of won every race?
    Max Gassit likes this.
  15. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Also I have found the more higher the fuel and tyre wear is the more simulated it feels. It honestly seems to compress the field more then it use to. I just struggle with it more that's all. Like I said, it's still fun.
    Max Gassit likes this.
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    why have you got to carry on like a 3 year old all the time
    razor4797 likes this.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Let me get my popcorn
    seth123, Steve Neilson and incey like this.
  18. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Maybe i'm blind or looking at a different thread, But for the most part, I thought this was pretty civil unless asides from the few personal attacks or am I missing something? As I've said the minimal tyre wear is all hypothetical for the Mazda. I've got no issues with running high wear or fuel either, I enjoyed the strategic aspect of it, coming from a high fuel burner, this was just to mix things up a little. I do recall at the very start Hatfield do ask for views on the Mazda tyre fear and fuel?
    Max Gassit and incey like this.
  19. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Good to know that making an example around here brings every nuffie out of their hidey holes to have a say! Instead of attacking me for making an example, why don't you......and bear with me here......Make an actual suggestion?? No where in my message am I saying my word is law, I'm simply trying to help to clean up what has become a mess of a thread. If you want to be so naive as to ignore that and instead have a go at another Div 1 driver, be my guest and make a fool out of yourself...
    razor4797 likes this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Caramelised or chocolate coated?
    Xtr3meNZer and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.