GT-Sport [Cancelled] 2020 RaceOnOz World Endurance Tour (W.E.T)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 6, 2020.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    If you look backwards on the start it’ll be like you’re first
    StigsTC and bluexephos22 like this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Race recap

Very good fun thank you, WD Keeden and Matt
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    [​IMG]
    13th: Kieran
    14th: Razor
    15th: Stigs
    bluexephos22 and StigsTC like this.
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Race recap:

[​IMG]
    Noxrai, bluexephos22, StigsTC and 3 others like this.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Race Recap:
    See Rounds 1-3.
    Noxrai, JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  6. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    you gotta drive that GT-R as smooth as butter on the throttle I swear

heck of a fun and hard race, I'll take 6th after starting 11th and falling down to 13th early. Cheers to everyone who came and stuck it out and congratulations to the top 3!
    razor4797, Noxrai, StigsTC and 2 others like this.
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    What a tough night in the office. Having gotten one of the best starts, I was challenging for the lead at turn 1 but ultimately my night of frustration began there when I was too courteous in the stadium section and was relegated to 4th, which some became 5th after my biggest mistake all race at the hairpin, and shortly after 6th when @xlxy90 went by and finally 7th when @seth123 made short work of me. By this stage I was absolutely baffled, I was running similar lap times to what I had in practice that would've kept me competitive to cars around me but to no avail in the race. I continued to slip down the order for reasons I cannot explain and finished a lowly 10th following some late race drama for @Noremac and a fantastic scrap with @Kephin_07 which really put a smoke on my race
    Noxrai likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    A future race recap

“I can’t see”
    bluexephos22 and StigsTC like this.
  10. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    For me personally, this was one of the most highly anticipated 3 hour events to date. I qualified well, I knew my car was quick, I just needed to execute. My pre-race practice had me ever so slightly off the pace, but the car was strong in traffic and I knew I could battle hard to keep position.

After a rubbish jump off the line and @Viperzed going down my inside, I had to brake late and hold it around the outside to keep P2 which was successfully done. @MINT_GTR was very cautious on the first lap and in hindsight I should have been more aggressive and made a move, don’t know how much of a difference it would have made but it couldn’t have been worse.

What came next was similar to what Viper said, unexplainable. The car was so tired and wouldn’t wake up. It no longer wanted to oversteer (which is how I prefer the car to handle) and had massive amounts of brake wash and lack of turn-in with mid corner understeer that would replicate a FF car.
    I slipped further down the field and couldn’t even fight for position. It was like I was driving a different car in comparison to all the practice and qualifying I did, I was very irritated.

Fast forward til about 35 mins to the flag, I had not made any real mistakes all race and I was nearly a minute off the lead. The Subaru traditionally is poor in qualifying but is a good race car, so I’m baffled as to how it has turned around without much of a setup change.
    My biggest mistake came when fighting with Viper and I clipped the inside tyre bundle on the pit wall on the final corner. I’d had enough at that point and parked it up.
    I jumped out of the pits with just a few laps to go and tried to set a fastest lap with fresh tyres and relatively low fuel, but was still 6 tenths off and unable to get into the 52’s.

Well done to @KeedenMcdonald, @seth123 and @MINT_GTR for a showing of blistering pace and consistency. Shame I couldn’t be up there doing the same.
    Onwards and upwards to the next one :)

P.S @StigsTC your onboard during the race is a laugh :laugh:
    Noxrai, seth123, bluexephos22 and 2 others like this.
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed

Would love to hear everyones thoughts about this?
    Noxrai likes this.
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Pls upload footage I need a laugh.
  13. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    that's tuff
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Instant DSQ and 4 race ban
    Noxrai likes this.
  15. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I should have done this when I hit the wall :roflmao:
    Noxrai likes this.
  16. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Is the 1000 still running as intended due to restrictions being lifted around the country?
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    This wouldn’t happen on Iracing a far closer universe to real life

Bloody arcade racers Ey Cobb
    CaptainRisky21 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Probably just revert to a 3 Hour at this stage. Currently I’m not confident in getting enough drivers involved to make it work. Thinking of saving a 1000 or another massive enduro when GT7 comes out.

Anyway, last night wow, what a race that was! Second race in succession where 4 cars had a chance to win with half an hour to go, I’m so happy! The race started really well for me, a last minute differential change made my car sing, and I was all over the back of Matt for the entire first stint. The plan was to save bulk fuel but unfortunately even despite my best efforts, I was still using more fuel than Matt in front, damn Beetle. I stopped a lap later than Keeden and crucially came out just in front. Matt’s 2 stop wasn’t working for him, so it became a 2 horse race, until Seth’s lightning pace and Daniel’s early pit stop brought them both in threatening range.

Things were going well until I ran the tank dry for the next stop. In a stunning loss of concentration, I broke too late for the pits and missed the entry, having to quickly reverse it out of danger out of Matt’s way and back into the pits.
    This killed any chance I had and cost me around 10-15 seconds. The rest of the race was very lonely and with no one to fight I dropped off the pace. Considering Keeden & Matt had fuel issues, Daniel gave himself damage and Seth being just that little bit far back, this was a blown opportunity at the win. Gutted but still happy to see another 3 Hour go down to the wire.

Blue Moon 600 is next and some details for that race will be revealed soon. NASCAR style races have always been a highlight at ROOZ and I’m sure it’ll be no exception.
    xlxy90 and bluexephos22 like this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Blue Moon 600 you say... I wonder if I could last the distance there
    Noxrai likes this.
  20. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes you can hatters