PCARS-2 Project Cars 3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    This sounds bad and does not give me any confidence.
    No tyre wear, in fact tyres "always optomised", whatever that means, no fuel usage, no pit stops, no changable weather, no buying this load of crap.
    Sounds like it is over for us as far as pcars goes. Better get used to acc.
    https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/news/developer-blog-1/
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  2. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Back to acc it is then!
  3. dn.orr83

dn.orr83 Rookie

PSN ID
    Davo_Dinkum_83
    Yep, just read that myself. Doesn't bode well.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, thats doesnt read well....
    I dont get why in a racing game you would take out pit stops... Thats the way it reads, and is a genuinely dumb idea.....

In terms of league racing, would just be sprint rounds, going flat out with zero strategy (not that the strategy options are particularly wide anyway)

Might be a few more seasons of PC2 afterall....
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Yep that's a bit weird. Hopefully AMS2 will do a console release for you guys at some point. This will have to be reserved for the occasional fun night, since it's much more similar to NFS Shift than first anticipated.
  6. JJ_Penguin

Apparently with weather changes the tyres will automatically change to wets! No pit stop required
    xlxy90 likes this.
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    What a joke
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So just been in a Q and A for PC3 and can confirm that pit stops are gone.....No interpretation required,
    [MOD] KonanToday at 22:28
    @stucar17 pit stops are gone yes. Weather and livetrack are still in. The other ones i don't know.

So all the things they added in that were looking great have been shot down by no pit stops.
    Looks like sprint races which im sure we can make work, if the rest of the game is worth it.
    The positives still are
    - They say the physics are as good (who knows)
    - Bigger track list to an already great one
    - More cars added to a good one already - not sure on new classes or additions to classes
    - Tracks updated from the current list
    - Still have 'live track' and weather
    - New livery editor (would have to be pretty special to be better than the GTS livery editor - its a cracker)
    - 'possible' BOP system.... wasnt ruled out in the reply, but could be a yes or no !!!!

Other things confirmed
    - In Career mode will be a currency system, not too dissimilar to what we get in GTSport. Make money / credits and use it to buy cars and upgrade in career mode
    - Driving line wont exist as it did in PC1 / 2. They have changed the system to use markers on apexes, which can be turned off if the driver wants. GTS has driving line and cones at brake points and apexes, so nothing more than a different way of doing the same thing for those who want it....
    - Car upgrades / add ons including wheels . Meh !

Things not confirmed
    - lobby size online
    - Damage..... pretty tough to have a 'real damage' model if you cant pit to fix your car ! Could be a model like GTS where damage lasts for a period of time .... Who knows
    - Updates when PS5 lands
    - Replay and Director options
    - Private lobby setting - ability to kick etc
    - App support

Hopefully the FAQ will be available soon, along with some in game footage so people know whats going to be on offer
  9. JJ_Penguin

I'm not mad I'm just disappointed
    v8power383 likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I still hope that it can give the same physics, and good racing....

Other than the pit and tyre exclusion, everything else seems to be there so it 'might' be ok :unsure:

@Kart-No-1 weather and live track are still there...

Will i get it, probably..... Was thinking last night if it can give the same feel, it might just be a case of re-assesing what we have to do to get the best racing. A change in formats is the obvious thing, reverse grids of some sort to mix it up, top 10 reverse grids ??? Who know....
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
  12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID

I won't have a chance to watch this for a couple of hours - hopefully it's good :)
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I had a watch...Looks very similar to PC2 with graphics etc... few updates to track.

Cant tell physics at all, will have to wait for feedback on that.

Still cant get over seeing the pit lane blocked off though, dumbest decision ive ever heard !
    garyw61 and Ryzza5 like this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Have the promo articles improved since I was last here?
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    In short ..... Not really
    There is a vid of Indy car at Laguna, graphics looked about the same, or possibly a little better. Still not close to GTS imo.
    Cant tell about the physics as how can you know till you try it.... Just the wheel work though looks similar to what PC2 gives, so hopefully its as good as the PC2 feedback.

The biggest one was that the pit lane was blocked off, backing the developers decision to take out pitstops. Without question the dumbest thing ive ever heard, especially when compulsory pit stops could be turned off anyway in PC2.

I did hear last night that these pit stops may be added back in in an update, but im not sure they will given they devs keep pushing this 'more racing' mantra.

im not sure if ill get it straight away or wait till the feedback starts coming in from people who laid out the cash.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I don't think I'll be buying pcars 3 unless a lot of people tell me it's worth buying after being very disappointed with most of the racing games to come out lately either not being up to standards or just flat out broken on arrival which is really making me rethink going down the PC road
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Porsche 935 (2019), Porsche Leipzig Full Circuit
  18. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    There was a discord voice chat with Nathan from marketing the other day which I missed.

It was summarised here:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ject-Cars-3-This-summer&p=1599200#post1599200
  19. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

I hear ya V8, I’ve been contemplating a pc for a few months now. Just can’t bring myself to part with near 2g for a decent one.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    I'd advise against buying any mid- or high-end PC graphics cards in the next few months as there are strong rumors the next generation of nVidia 3xxx cards will arrive ~October with AMD a few months later, with large jumps in performance (or a lot more for your money if looking at the mid-range). Rumor also has it that AMD will be very competitive on performance which should hopefully force big price drops in nVidia's range (assuming plentiful supply).
    Slambobagan and arakasi- like this.