GT Sport Season 12 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    just take the wheel in your clothes bag instead of clothes. When you get there, "OH NO I GRABBED THE WRONG BAG!!!"
    "Well without clothes, there is one thing we can do honey... ;)"
    "Oh you'd rather sleep while I race? ok then"
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Matthyus what's the deal with fastest lap for Nurbs considering there will be no actual flying laps given the need to refuel?
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

If you choose to make your last pit stop on lap 3 your final lap is flying. No real difference to qualifying given choosing to start on mediums is essentially taking you out of the running for the point for pole. Fastest lap tables however are meaningless but normally are around Nurburgring anyway so total race time will be the only real means to compare driver performance between divisions.
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So doing a 2-2-1 strategy means no hope of FL I suppose...
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah, unless you manage to get a 3 lapper in that's the reality of it. Whoever crosses the start/finish line on the first lap will have fastest lap for almost the whole race lol
  6. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'd given this some thought over the week and TBH, whenever we race N24h, it over inflates the gap between the divisions. There can be up to a 30s gap in lap times and several minutes between race times.
    I'd even go so far as to not include in the final race pace calculations..

If FL is your only goal, you are correct.
    It is rare that the Championship will come down to a single point. If that strategy is the best call for this track in these conditions, then the Race win should be the goal, not the FL. Obvs getting FL is a nice feather in the cap, but we can't have everything :D

The likelyhood of a 3 lapper here will be rare. The only people who may be able to do this would be @REVO_Bryan and @emmo46 - The rest of us mere mortals will have to settle for 2 laps.
    That or you change your race strategy to see if it is possible.
    Can you sit in slip stream with a lower Fuel Map or Short shift and save mass fuel and end up nabbing FL as well?
    Mind you, that would mean a 1 stopper and doing 2 laps on the Mediums. Not something I would be super keen on since the Mediums here are a slippery as Clive Palmer.

In the end, compete for the race win, not the extra points. they are only icing on the cake. Nice but not the aim.
    UrsineSaturn9 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No way I would even attempt to get 3 laps.
  8. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Fyi - I did complete 3 laps lol. Though it was some serious fuel saving to get there, I challenged myself to get there and I did.

So us mere mortals are capable ;)
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    But what were the lap times like?
  10. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Ummm, excuse me? o_O:p
  11. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hey I said I was capable, not that I was fast ;)
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 2 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    kiwinado, Pubs16, Xtr3meNZer and 2 others like this.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Mostly happy with my outcomes today.
    Came away with 2nd in Qually and 5th in the race, due to my only off at the 2nd carousel.
    I may have had a podium if not for that.
    Well done @Xtr3meNZer @Kieran_B33 @emmo46 on your win and podium finishes.
    Special mention to @pat65 and @incey for the battles we had.
    pat65, incey and emmo46 like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Kiwi did a 9:57 sumthin on the last lap
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    I would like to think that in a Community lobby, the need to incessantly flash your lights at another driver would be a case of poor sportsmanship. Particularly if the driver in front slowed sufficiently to enable a pass in an appropriate area, eg fuel mix to #4. This resulted in even more light flashes. Perhaps an improvement in passing skill instead of mastering the light button would be worthwhile? If you want life and death desperate racing... Go and join a daily race or two.
  17. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Max I noticed that in our Div too and I think it's just the lights on this car bouncing around, and/or the game drawing the lights at differing angles. Result is that it looks like the driver behind is flashing their lights. It happened with 3 different drivers behind me tonight so I'm pretty sure it wasn't deliberate light flashing.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Same here, I tried to turn my lights off but didn't work, cars behind had lights flashing but as you say eccles, just the car moving around.
  19. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I don't know what the story was here but people flashing their lights at me in daily races used to really annoy me .. until I watched a replay and realised I was flashing my lights constantly too lol. The lights on a DS4 is L3(pushing down on the steering joystick) so when driving hard with a controller it's easy to be pushing down on the joystick at the same time as steering without realising it. I remapped the buttons to stop this
  20. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I've noticed the lights 'flashing' behind me also in a lot of races, I'd say it has something to do with the game, rather than the driver - Would pay to check the replay Max as it might ease the mind a bit?

Well, I was pretty happy with my performance last night! I'll openly admit I spent a fair bit of time on this track this week ensuring I would be able to pull clean laps as I knew this would be very important. Managed to get Pole for the night which I was surprised about to be honest, and was lucky enough to pull away slowley throughout the first lap. Once I had a 2-3 second buffer I felt a bit better, less pressure. Following the 2-1-2 Strategy when pitting in for my mediums, I left the pits with about 1.7 laps of fuel. During this lap Tactical Homework was storming his way up the field, within 6 seconds when I pitted in, though he was following a different strategy. Filling the tank to just over two laps I headed out for the last stint, only catching Tactical when he pitted for his last lap on mediums. My one and only off track excursion happened on the last lap, ruining my FL attempt, though the others were flying also.

Managed to keep my nose pointed the right way, and crossed the line, finally able to blink again. Thanks muchly for the race gents! Looking forward to seeing you all on track.
    Vik Chan, kiwinado, Pubs16 and 6 others like this.