GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done on an excellent series. I had my ups and downs over the season but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  2. njknordy

njknordy Rookie

PSN ID
    njknordy
    Very well run series mate, congrats! Enjoyed it every race I competed in. And to the boys that ran the GenTwo room as well, cheers
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Congrats naccs, didn't expect to see you near me on track, gr8 recovery, gr8 win :thumbsup:
    Congrats and BL Pat, great drive, great pace and pole:eek:
    Well done Viper after rushed qually
    Congrats Extr3meNZer on series driver championship mate. Top Effort. :thumbsup:
    You were ganged up on by a team of SOB's in the Car Championship, and we only just pipped you, BL.
    Was fun tonight, had 1 highlight, an overtake through Mcphillamy, other than that most cars drove past me:roflmao:
    Thanks Sunova team, especially Team Owner Emmo:inlove:, was gr8 to drive with you all, and BL to Ursine for being pipped in Driver championship.
    Thanks for the series Unders, it was a great idea, it was really well run, again thanks for your time and effort :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  4. godzilla_rising

godzilla_rising Rookie

PSN ID
    godzilla_rising
    Brilliant series mate!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it. And if it wasnt for @VARDZ getting me in as a fill in for race two way back when, I may not have even joined ROOZ! Cant wait for the next thing now!! And everyone else, thanks for the great racing across this season!
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I enjoyed that series very much, except Spa. thanks @THE_UNDER_STUDY and @Xtr3meNZer for the work that went into it. Even though the damage on the last round probably cost me a spot I'm still glad it was on. Had a good drive with @CaptainRisky21 before the disconnect...would have been good to see how that turned out if you'd stuck around. Overall a series of good clean racing. Thanks everyone
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Great series, love your work! Very close finish in the end!
  7. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Thanks for running this series Unders, has been fun
  8. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    This was an awesome series - I enjoyed every part of it, though not so much being held up by those S.O.B's :cautious:;)

Though I did have some part in helping with Stewarding, and little things like that, this is Unders baby and he put in a lot of work to get this series to how it was :) So to @THE_UNDER_STUDY a big huge THANKYOU for your effort and time put into making a really fun and enjoyable series.

Last race of the series being the big Bathurst race, it certainly was daunting. 41 laps over the Mt Panorama, with some very skilled drivers on the field, it was always going to be an intense race. Kicked off my qualifying with an average mid pack placing, I was struggling to chose starting on Meds or Softs - Opted for softs. Unfortunately I should have gone with Mediums, as I was stuck for a quite a few laps behind Emmo and Max at the beginning. Pitting in very early compared to where I had planned to attempt to get some clear air and get out from behind those two, I ended up coming out of the pits behind the other SOB drivers lol. Being that everyone else was on worn tyres, I managed to get past them in a few laps and then had the track to myself for a while, which was good as I was going to be doing 13 laps on those softs.

mid race after my next pit I came out behind Max, and I couldnt get passed him for quite a few laps, constantly sitting between 0.6-0.2 seconds, every time we came out of Forest Elbow onto Conrod, I kept dropping back slightly, and being the heavier car I would catch him, but not enough to pass. Unfortunately after many laps (I couldn't tell you how many - maybe 7-8?) coming down Conrod I was again right behind him, coming into the chase and as we went around to the left MAx's car looked to almost stop on the exit of the turn, I did my best to avoid him, but we glanced sides and unfortunately Max turned around (I checked through the replay, and to me it appears he was close to going on to the grass on the right hand side of the exit, braked harder and being that I was so close behind, I only had enough reaction time to steer more to the left. I didn’t stop or redress as from where I was sitting it was a racing incident. Max I am sorry if you felt it was intentional, I did my best to avoid, and if you watch the replay, I’m braking before you were on the turn so I wouldn’t connect – just like the many other laps right behind you. I was genuinely gutted to see you turn around).

Deciding as to when I should put my mediums on (being last or middle of the race), being in the track position I was in, I went for a middle of the race medium lap. Going in with almost no fuel, I filled up half of my next stints worth of fuel, did my medium lap, and topped up the fuel for the rest of my soft stint. Making my last pit stop on lap 31, I had Emmo close behind me as we came out, I was pushing hard to try and get a gap – the drivers up front were too far away for me to make any more positions up, so all I wanted was to get a gap from Emmo and hold P4 – luckily enough I was able to do this through to the end with no wall bangs.

Congrats to Naacs, Pat and Viper for the podium positions. A hard fought race, and well done to Pat for holding onto P1 for so long, specially those last 10 laps and having damage to contend with. Unfortunate you got pipped on the last lap mate.

I’m pretty stoked to take out the Drivers Championship, and tentatively 2nd for the Car Championship (all waiting on the official results).

Thanks all, looking forward to seeing you again on track!
  9. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I was going yo post this last night but sleep beckoned.

Congratulations and thank you to @NAACS for bringing #52 home for the win, great recovery drive.

And a HUGE thank you to @THE_UNDER_STUDY, assisted by @Xtr3meNZer and @emmo46, for this fun and fascinating series. I thoroughly enjoyed it. What I like the most was the weight penalties and the heavy damage, I personally think it made for closer and better racing.

Obviously there will some learning you'll take away for improvements for future versions, I'd be happy to saddle up again. A shout out to Medo for the stream, was fun to watch and participate in.

Cheers & Well done.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    What a way to end it off, Got home from work and immediately hopped on to find quali had started lol. Meant that I had to be learning how to drive this thing on the fly in quali so was relatively happy with a P5 start. Kept my nose clean early on and after a big shunt from @NAACS lap 2 that required some avoiding action, I also benefitted from @CaptainRisky21 disconnecting in what looked good to be a race winning position, hard luck mate. Ran 10 lap stints with little to no time drop at a really strong pace for the Mustang only to find that Naacs despite pitting 6 times and being 25 seconds behind me after lap 2, was rapidly reeling me in? Hard to admit that after an hour and a half of not putting a foot wrong, I lost to someone who walled it 3 or 4 times, Can only imagine what light damage would've been like. That's just racing sometimes so well done to @pat65 and Naacs on great drives to grab P1 and P2 only a whisker ahead of me.

Looking forward to next season and hopefully to not seeing the stock Mustang in this game ever again :laugh:

Thanks again @THE_UNDER_STUDY !!!
  11. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    What a fantastic series!
    Massive thank you to @THE_UNDER_STUDY and all those involved in brainstorming the idea and developing the series.
    It was pretty daunting for me stepping straight into this in round 3 for my 1st time ever playing GT-Sport. I've certainly learnt alot and although the final round I think I hit the wall more times than any other practice night we've had, I still enjoyed racing with everyone. A great bunch of guys.
    Also thanks to @VARDZ for having my on board with Hi Tec Oils Racing alongside @godzilla_rising and @njknordy , awesome fun!
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    For those of you who would to continue your Thursday nights, I will be running this one. If i can get enough entries to run 2 rooms i will rejig the BOP and run the PRO & AM rooms separately. I have 18 entries ATM, 9 Pro & 9 Am but would like to have at least 12 in each before running the separate rooms. Take a look at the link, put your entry in and join the trip down memory lane. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/throwback-thursday-series-gts-seasons-1-10.4117/
  13. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Firstly a big thanks to @THE_UNDER_STUDY for the series.

Started qualifying hoping to get in the top half of the field. Was sitting about fourth before pitting for fresh tyres with about 5 minutes to go. Was shocked to find myself on pole after a pb on my final lap.
    Has a good start and got through turn one still in the lead and managed to open up the lead to about a second after a fairly scrappy first lap. Managed to keep @CaptainRisky21 and @incey about 1.5 seconds behind for the first stint before pitting for fresh softs on lap 10. Risky followed me in and unfortunately disconnected after leaving the pits just behind me. I was only a few seconds behind incey who hadn’t pitted but he made a mistake coming down the mountain which allowed me back into the lead.
    From then on I just kept lapping consistently and managed to gap to @Viperzed which was generally about 13-15 seconds. He did make up time in the pits with better fuel management.
    Lap 32 was my downfall when I brushed the outside wall at the cutting. Less chatting, more concentrating next time. Received front bumper and suspension damage and as I was only on my second lap of the stint I decided to keep going and hopefully hold on. I was losing over one second a lap and down on top end speed. I thought I should be able to hold off Viper but I was worried about @NAACS who was flying through the field and in third.
    At the end of lap 40 I had to pit for the compulsory mediums and Naacs had gotten past Viper and wasn’t far behind. I chose not to repair in the pits due to the time required and came out just in front of NACCS. I knew I was a sitting duck and couldn’t push hard over the top with a damaged car on mediums. Entered conrod straight with Naacs hanging off my rear bumper and watched helplessly as he passed with ease. Tried to pressure him in the last section but couldn’t find a way through.

Congratulations to Naacs for the massive fightback and to Viper with an excellent drive.
    Still a bit gutted with stupid mistake costing me the win but looking forward to the next series.
  14. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Thanks to @THE_UNDER_STUDY for a well organised and well run series had my best finish in the series last night with a 3rd I know my Mustang was very light at 1092kg but even so Bathurst is a very demanding course which takes a lot of concentration especially for 41laps so I'm extremely happy with my 3rd place especially against some very quick drivers looking forwards to season 2 once again thanks mate
    THE_UNDER_STUDY, NAACS, incey and 3 others like this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The magic moment
    [​IMG]
  16. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    it was a great season i really enjoyed it thank you to xtreame for the invite to race here and to understudy for letting me in and all the work you guys putt in it has been a real treat and thank you to all the guys in nextgen2 room for all the tips, banter and solid racing over the weeks
    last night was great things could've been a lot different for me if i didn't come unstuck on the second corner lap 9 witch had a 2.30.00 lap to get to pits for a 6 sec repair but hey that is the way it goes well done to the podium solid race guys
    once again thank you for this experience cant wait till next time :)
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You had a stellar drive @pat65 just one little mistake in 41 laps at Bathurst is nothing to be ashamed of. Here a pic of you in pole position and leading the rest of the field
    [​IMG]
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Spewing that i disconnected from that one, was ready to try and mount an attack on @pat65 but oh well. Thanks @THE_UNDER_STUDY for the season, it had it's ups and downs but hopefully they were just teething problems and next season will be amazing.
  19. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    It made my race a bit easier but I would have preferred to be battling with you.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thanks @medomonan for the stream, much better with the commentary working! :thumbsup:

Not sure what's going on with the thumbnail image though?
    pat65, incey, Apex_64 and 4 others like this.