GT-Sport Bathurst Tribute 2020 - (18/10/2020)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Apex_64, Sep 7, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If their is a 2nd room I could help fill it. I don't have much luck at Bathurst but if it helps others to get a race I will make up the numbers.
  2. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    :inlove:
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    You are a true gentleman racer.
    Buster_Danis, gtkingx and Apex_64 like this.
  4. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    If anybody pulls out of room1 you will be first reserve to go in, no arguments.
    As naacs rightly said, you are a gentleman racer, and more importantly a gentleman in life.
    This I believe led you to withdraw from the entries, your distaste for ungentlemanly behavior.
    So if possible I do not want your morals to prevent you a drive in room1.
    I am so happy you re-entered. :)
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I will only race as long as nobody else misses out.
    Buster_Danis and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  6. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    OK, this I don't have much luck at Bathurst.
    I remember me crying in my cockpit begging you to let me finish in front of you in a race at Bathurst 2 months ago.
    You will be more than making up the numbers in room1 or 2.

Edit: Light bulb moment, that was actually more bad luck for you at Bathurst :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    gtkingx and Buster_Danis like this.
  7. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Just heard about this. Is there any room for me to join please?
    Dybo, NAACS, Easyprey007 and 2 others like this.
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Here's what i've gone with. It's Dave Reynolds 2012 Bathurst 1000 livery that finished runner up to Jamie Whincup on the 50th running of the great race. Being the 50th running of the race a number of teams ran retro themed liveries including Reynolds whose car was based off the 1967 Bathurst winner driven by Harry Firth and Fred Gibson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    pat65, incey, Dybo and 4 others like this.
  9. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    This post has triggered me to already make the call of 2 rooms.
    With 22 at present, I will split the rooms into 14/8 as 8 is probably the minimum for a decent race.
    If/when entries come in from now, the new entry will go into the second room. The earliest entry in the 2nd room will go into the first room until it has a full grid. Then all entrants from then will increase the grid size in the second room from 8.
    Will get onto this asap in the OP.
    This is the best option I think as nobody misses out.

Edit: Bit time poor atm will get on to OP by Sunday night at latest, sorry all.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    incey, Xtr3meNZer, Vik Chan and 2 others like this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Sounds perfect!
    Apex_64 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I need to clear the air here.

It has been brought to my attention that in my attempted blanket actions to cleanup the escalating tensions in this thread and issue official warnings to those involved, that this particular blanket covered @apex2691 by mistake. He appealed via @stucar17 & @KoAStR to have the decision overturned, and his warning has been withdrawn.

Our current stand against disruptive behaviour isn't as clear cut, but I will always endeavor to be fair in my judgement, and I just like anyone else, could always be mistaken.
    emmo46, Easyprey007, Apex_64 and 4 others like this.
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hat has full support of the mod team. We are all doing out best. Thanks Hat for all your efforts mate
    Hatfield, Apex_64, incey and 2 others like this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @apex2691 you are henceforth known as bycatch
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    OP updated with a 2nd room and very rough handicaps for it. (would appreciate input with Div4/5 handicaps as I am not as confident with their pace/handicaps).
    The split atm is 15/8, and I will follow the process above with new entrants.
    Have changed fuel to 3x, this is to open up wider pit windows, and the possibly to change strategy to avoid traffic.
    Also we need a host for the second room.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Now that I think that I've conquered my Bathurst hoo-doo I'm in. Can host room 2 if you want @apex2691.
    Apex_64, UrsineSaturn9 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  16. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Welcome and thank-you, offer accepted. :thumbsup:
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  17. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Loving how close our racing is getting in our practice races - it's going to be awesome doing some full length stints in the near future.
  18. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Can I use a super fast car with zero tyre wear, fuel usage or any damage whatsoever please? Gotta give myself a fighting chance. lol. Actually looking forward to it. I'm not that good at Bathurst especially up the mountain, but I'm slowly getting better and starting to enjoy racing there just as long as I don't crash into anyone, visa-versa or put myself into a wall.
  19. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Lol, I'm sure we would all like no wear and usage lol.

Well when you see us on practicing, jump on in - the only way you'll get more consistent over the mountain is by burning it into your mind lol. These cars really traverse this track quite well, and we have been having some very close sprint races. We've had hardly any bumps and offs also (unless we get some randoms in the room lol)
  20. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Don't worry I'm being more mindful about practising with others to better my driving, to get to know everyone else and so everyone can get to know me. Now when I get online I check to see if anyone has a lobby going and will usually join their lobby. It's just ashame the last couple I joined suddenly shut down not long after I entered with absolutely no warning from the room owner. The first one I was mid cnr and thought my console blew up or my house had a blackout.
    I'll be keeping my eye out for Bathurst practice.
    Cheers mate.
    Apex_64 likes this.