ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Round 7 Sprint Barcelona!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Nov 18, 2020.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 4 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt, @Rolz, @krunch

Round 7 - SPRINT - Barcelona 2019
    [​IMG]
    23rd November 2020 at 8:15pm
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.
    DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES - Round 7
    • Avoiding High Risk Moves - Over the past couple of rounds there have been a few incidents of high risk GT3/GT4 passing attempts that have resulted in cars becoming three-wide approaching critical corners. Unsurprisingly they have not generally ended well. Any three-wide situation means that the inside and outside cars cannot see each other and the central car has very limited options. On a long straight this can work, however approaching corners it is a bad idea. No car can reasonably anticipate the moves of the other cars and more often than not a collision occurs. We ask all drivers to avoid these sorts of high risk moves.
    DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES - Previous
    • Wacky Wednesday League Practice - Every Wednesday night we host a semi-closed practice evening ahead of the upcoming Season 4 championship round. These are very informal and chilled out practice sessions where you can come in and try out set-ups, chat and have some fun racing without worrying about your championship points (this is separate to the 24/7 practice server which is always available). Importantly you can practice close racing moves with far less pressure and less consequence than Monday nights and we particularly encourage those newer to sim racing to join in. There are often excellent tips from some of our top pro drivers too. More info in the Wacky Wednesday League Practice thread.
    • Lap 1 accidents - some drivers have expressed frustration at the number of lap 1 accidents that are occurring. Although that frustration is understandable there is evidence that things are improving. It is not realistic to completely eliminate such incidents but everyone seems to have the right attitude so we may not be too far away from cleaner opening laps. Note that being too cautious is almost as bad as not cautious enough and it can be a fine line. Doing more race practice (ie joining us on Wacky Wednesdays) is one of the best ways to improve close racing skills.

So when in a tight pack (such as on the opening lap):
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • Qualifying format - We will continue with the split qualifying format:
      • Qualifying sessions are 20 minutes long and split into two 10 minute segments.
      • Segment 1 is exclusively for GT4's.
      • Segment 2 is exclusively for GT3's.
      • The first race will start at approximately 9:20pm AEDT.
    Drivers who's qualifying segment is not active MUST NOT exit the pits during that time. GT3 drivers may only cross the pit exit line when the time remaining ticks down to 10 minutes or less. At this point GT4 drivers can complete the lap they are on but then MUST move off track and immediately teleport back to pits. GT4 drivers who start a lap after the 10 minutes remaining mark, and GT3 drivers who cross the pit exit line before the 10 minutes remaining mark will be subject to the following penalties:​
      • 1st offence: driver will be teleported back to pits and warned (momentary DSQ).
      • 2nd offence: driver will be disqualified from the qualifying session.
      • 3rd offence: driver will be disqualified from the entire round (including any previous race).
    NOTE: GT3 drivers on their first outlap must take extra care not to impede GT4 drivers on their final flying lap. Penalties may apply.​
    • Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
      • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
      • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
      • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
      • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
      • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
      • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
      • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the Rooz Etiquette guide and Rules & Regs linked below before the start of Round 1.
    • Enjoy the battles with others and yourself :)

MULTICLASS BRIEFING NOTES
    • Feedback from previous rounds has been very positive overall but has highlighted a few important things. We accept that GT3's will aggressively pass GT4's at times - multiclass is challenging for both classes - however there is a limit to what is acceptable.

No matter how difficult it seems for GT3 drivers it is unquestionably more difficult for GT4's. Let us be clear here - GT3 cars have no superior 'rank' to GT4 cars. Blue flag rules apply only because of the speed differential. GT4's have the same 'rights' to the track as GT3's and must not be hustled out of the way. Even a very aware GT4 driver can miss spotting fast moving GT3's especially if battle packs are involved.

On the flip-side GT4's must make sure their movements are predictable when GT3's are in their vicinity. They should also make good use of their mirrors, the realtime display, the trackmap, the radar, the spotter and glancing to ensure awareness (the Crew Chief app is also excellent).

We do understand that incidents will occasionally occur however it is the careless or repetitive incidents that are unacceptable and will incur warnings or penalties.

So in summary:
      • GT4's do not have to come off the racing line to let a GT3 through. It is up to the GT3 to find a CLEAN way to pass (hint - straights are best).
      • GT4's have to brake for corners earlier than GT3's but this is not an invitation TO DIVE BOMB TO THE APEX forcing the GT4 to delay their turn in. Please use care and respect.
      • GT4's may choose to give way to a GT3 early but must be clear in conveying that intention (eg. move off the racing line well before a corner).
      • GT4's must also use care and respect when GT3 drivers are trying to pass
      • All drivers are encouraged to report other drivers who repeatedly flout these rules and guidelines. A report does not need to be a protest and can be done via direct message to an admin on the forum or Discord.

RACE SERVER INFO
    Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] RACE SERVER S4 R7 60mins of Barcelona"
    • The race server will be available to join from approximately 7:45pm AEDT and will kick over to official practice at 8:15pm
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • Qualifying and Practice sessions are open for joining but race sessions are locked.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz"
    • PASSWORD: season4

PRACTICE SERVER INFO
    Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] PRAC SERVER S4 R7 60mins of Barcelona"
    • The practice server is available now.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • All conditions are set to match those that will be used for the race server.
    • PASSWORD: season4

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a SPRINT:
    • 1 x 60 min race.
    • 1 Mandatory pitstop for tyres.
    • 57 minute pit window.
    • Fuel optional, fill time not fixed.
    • 20 min qualifying session split into two 10 minute segments.
      • Segment 1 is exclusively for GT4's.
      • Segment 2 is exclusively for GT3's.
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start. Even just slightly speeding as the lights go green can result in a stop/go penalty.
    • Server time scale multiplier is set at 2x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Saturday 3pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 20 mins (in game Sunday 10am) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 mins (in game Sunday 3pm) - LOCKED no joining
    • Weather is set to an average of 24 degrees with a low/medium chance of rain across all sessions so expect some variation.

CAR CHOICE
    Season 4 is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 4. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 4 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the S4 server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
  2. krunch

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2020
  3. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Another track at which I am terrible :D

Should be good fun though and hopefully I won't disconnect on the grid this time!
    krunch likes this.
  4. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Haven't done much racing here since the servers aren't popular with this circuit so it's mostly just been doing hotlaps. If I can make it Monday I'm pretty excited for it!
    krunch likes this.
  5. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

So I'm fairly happy with my fastest lap times but I'm getting my front left tyre heating up. It's probably and 75% to yellow. What would be potentially causing this? My driving or my setup and what would I have to change? And I haven't done a race stint yet (probably do that tomorrow) but does this have the potential to cause an issue in the race? Thanks
  6. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to ACC and would be interested in joining in for this next race, if you are chasing numbers.
  7. krunch

I'd like to help but it's hard to give any tips without knowing much about your stints. Which car are you using? Were you running one of the default setups, one you tweaked yourself, or one from elsewhere? Were you doing short low fuel stints or longer runs with more fuel? Were your tyre pressures in the correct range? Having said all that the front left does get a bit of a workout at this track so it might be fine. Also pressures are more important than temps so as long as the tyre is around the correct pressure it won't matter if it's a little hot.
    staffy0707 likes this.
  8. krunch

Hi and welcome to RaceOnOz :)

Before you can race you'll just need to put in a few laps on our qualifying server so we can get an idea of which class you'll be best suited to. Please go to this thread to get all the info for that. You'll also need to have a reasonable ACC safety rating.

Season 4 only has 3 rounds left but we are happy to add you to our reserve list. As it's so close to Monday night I'm not sure if you'll be able to be added for this week but if you get your qualifying server laps done then it's not impossible. Other's already on the reserve list will get first options on any spare slots too.

We also run casual races on Wednesday nights which feature the track for the following Monday's league race and are a very good way to get into the racing here at RaceOnOz. See the thread here for more info.
    CornfordCaster and Flamebadger like this.
  9. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I probably wont be able to make this round tomorrow anymore, was looking forward to this one!
    Flamebadger likes this.
  10. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Hi,
    I jumped onto the qualifying server and done a few laps. I wasn't very fast, but this track is new to me, plus haven't messed around with tuning.
    I have been with ROOZ for a little while and have completed a few seasons of project cars 2 on ps4.
  11. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

can confirm is fast!
    krunch likes this.
  12. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Barcelona hammers tyres, particularly the left side. Your in the M4 GT4 right? Apart from opening the front ducts (maybe try set 3 pads as well, I've never tried different brakes to control temps though) and maybe (unlikely seeing as its core temp thats high) increasing pressures 2-3 clicks above what you have (more effective on surface temp). The other option is to slow down a touch and use less steering angle in high speed right handers (T3,4,9 are probably the main ones)
    I wouldn't worry about it too much though. If the track and air temp are up a bit you're not going to be able to do a whole lot about it and everyone else will have the same issue.

Just looked at the temps. You'll just have to deal with hot front left. No setup work will cool them down at 37 degrees track
  13. krunch

Thanks for doing that. As you're already a ROOZer I should correct myself and say welcome to our little corner of RaceOnOz :).

Unfortunately we can't get you into tonight's race - sorry about that - but next Monday (round 8) will be fine. All GT3 slots are taken but if you have the GT4 DLC we can fit you in there. Someone will organise with you to get signed up properly during the week.

Also as I mentioned, feel free join us on Wednesday for some fun racing. You can pick any car you like for that. :).
  14. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Thanks Krunch, I'm happy to race GT4.
    krunch likes this.
  15. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Sorry lads, out for this week. :mad::mad:
  16. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

Yeah I'm in the M4. Don't need to slow down, slow enough as is lol.
    krunch likes this.
  17. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

I was really enjoying that and then... another server disconnection for me. Sad face!
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  18. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Not too bad a race. I got a bit monstered by GT3s a couple of times, but let myself down with a bad pit stop (it wouldn't seem to start for ages) which cost me 2 or 3 spots.
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I had a very enjoyable first 40 minutes and a total disaster in the last 20 haha!

I had a solid first stint, was chasing Wally for a long while before the pits and we traded places a few times, he went in and a few laps later I went in for my stop. To my surprise I came out a fair bit in front of him (due to the bad stop he described above I'm sure) and was starting to catch the cars ahead nicely. I had picked up two cut warnings at this point but I was driving very tidily and thought I had it under control - getting close to Bueller and excited at the prospect of some overtaking....then boom, took two more cuts and the dreaded penalty in quick succession and that was basically it for me.

Went in for the DT and came out minus any decorum or focus and proceeded to chastise myself loudly (alone in my darkened bunker) whilst failing to hit apexes, notice brake markers or do any of the normal things associated with driving quickly...very frustrating...urgh!

But that is racing, and now I am really looking forward to the last three rounds!
    krunch, tezpez85 and nanlatt like this.
  20. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Another ding dong battle with @BeefStew! Quallied well, but tried to get fancy on the strat and ended up with more fuel / less pressure in the tyres than I should have. Ryan was right on the tail-pipe for the majority of the 1st stint. He pitted first and must have had some great laps betwixt, because after fluffing my pit markers, he came out in front. But I managed to adjust my pressures correctly in the stop and managed to sneak past with some diving GT3's. From there I managed to chip away a win.

Congrats to the podium getters!
    krunch likes this.