GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Contender Cup Round 6 Stewards Report
    Stewards: emmo46, Xtr3meNZer , T F Eccles

Max Gassit had two incidents where Blunty was forced off track with no redress. In the first incident Max moves accross on Blunty n the straight and pushed him onto the grass in the braking zone. In the second incident Max makes contact with Blunty sending him into the fence, passes him with no redress.

Max has been penalised 2 points for the first incident and 3 for the second.
    Hatfield likes this.
  3. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    In no way do I accept the finding in relation to incident 1. In effect you are saying the other driver carries no fault. As was pointed out the first contact shows quite clearly who made the initial contacts. Inputs show this clearly. The onus is on the driver to the rear to make his pass cleanly. In this case you have seen fit to judge that the lead driver is responsible for making the space available to someone coming from behind. Poor decision making totally against the rules of motorsport.
  4. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    It's also against the rules of motorsport to run a driver off the road when they clearly have an overlap, if they didn't have an overlap then you wouldn't have hit them.

If you have that much of an issue with the stewards' decision, appeal the protest via PM, not in an angry forum post
    DeanK likes this.
  5. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Another one that has the amazing power to know what another is thinking.
    No overlap, open your eyes.
    Angry post...?... Not at all, I'm sitting here with a bit of a smile at the ignorance being shown.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    One car with racing room seems to be hitting another car with no racing room down a straight and the car with no racing room ends up on the grass and in the wall
  8. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    There are none so blind as those that cannot see.
    I am going to stake my involvement with rooz on this. Unlike those who think they know, I'm possibly the ONLY one who knows my thoughts as it happened. In NO Way did I run the other driver off. All my movements were as a result of contact from a car to my rear. A decent look at the inputs from each driver gives a fair clue as to what occurred. If 2 cars are moving down a straight, one with direct steering, the other steers in the direction of the other. It is simple physics as to who initiates the contact. I did nothing more than try to correct and maintain my position on the track. Only at the moment of my braking did the other car hold any overlap of any more than a few inches.
    Before anyone jumps on with accusations of being angry etc, I'm not but I am determined.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am not a steward in this series, but looking at incident 1, you can see in bluntys view that once he is on your right (before any contact has been made) he is running straight in relation to the grid spots on the straight, as your car is running straight but on an angle heading towards the outside of the track.
    Blunty has slight overlap as the 2 lines converge and that is what causes contact. Then as both cars react from the contact the rest happens.
    Just because your line is straight in itself, doesn't mean you aren't squeezing another driver. While this can be a legitimate tactic, in this instance it has resulted in another driver being pushed off track.

This isn't the first time I have seen incidents like this.
    In future, I would suggest that once the other driver has overlap you ease off the squeeze a tiny bit so that the end result doesn't occur, because the end result is (IMO) the penalty is deserved.
    Peersy and emmo46 like this.
  10. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Holding your car around the outside of turn 1 here can often be beneficial, as you will then have the inside line for the slower turn 2 and turn 3. Blunty was well within his rights to place his car where he did.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2021
    Peersy and gtkingx like this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You quickly moved to the left of the track as you exited the final turn to block Blunty from getting beside on your left and having the inside for turn 1, quite legitimate, blunty then goes to the right hand side, mostly to avoid a collision and then proceeds towards turn one on the far right, you then head STRAIGHT from the left of the track towards the right hand side aiming for a wide entry into turn 1 and POSSIBLY to block blunty.
    So far all good, where the problem is is that your STRAIGHT line took you across the track and into contact with Blunty who was driving STRAIGHT down the right hand side. No problem yet, The problem then occurs when you continue your line despite Blunty fighting to stay on track and eventually push him onto the grass in the braking zone.
    Peersy likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This judgement was made purely on these two incidents, the fact that both participants pushed me off track during the race didn't influence my decision.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2021
    Peersy, Xtr3meNZer and Steve Neilson like this.
  13. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Any future discussion of this penalty and such will be done via PM as to not cause arguments and such on the main forum, as it's supposed to be.

Reminder to everyone here: The stewards process includes three different captains, of which we all discuss and put our thoughts together. Once this is done, and we ALL agree on a result, it is then put through to the forum. We do not put any results up without a unanimous decision on what has happened, and that we're all interpreting the evidence we have been given the same.

This is a shame to see, that a decision has gone against someone and they're willing to quit the whole of Rooz if it doesn't get changed to go their way. I would hope that having someone put a penalty against you wouldn't make you want to leave the whole thing, especially when the stewards, and since some reputable Rooz Members have agreed on what the Stewards agreed with.

Lets keep it clean, and leave any arguments to the PM's that are created when these protests are launched.

Thanks
  14. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Congrats on the lap groover.
    groover33 likes this.
  15. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    I will make a comment in reply to the posts.
    Firstly, a 'forum' is a place where opinions and ideas can be discussed.
    Not content censorship other than offensive material etc etc.
    Emmo... when did I hit you off? I recall where the opposite occurred.
    It is simple physics, that appears to be missed here. There are the known laws of physics (argue with Einstein) then there is the game physics, which are programmed to simulate reality. Try this on a kitchen table with matchbox cars.
    If contact is made at point to the rear of a cars centre of gravity, the car will pivot/turn in the direction of contact. When a correction is taken the rear of this car will rotate in that same direction. Repeat the sequence a few times and what can occur is a crabbing type pattern of movement in that same direction. Hence the distance to the track edge decreases.
    The first instance of contact when there is mm's of overlap. Who has the clearer view of what is about to occur. In this case the second driver has been relieved of any responsibility, with over a metre of track to his right. That's crazy. The rest of my argument is in prior posts to the stewards.
    Not necessarily a mute point is that one of the drivers, during the course of the race, regularly applied later braking, overshooting the apex, even with no other cars nearby.
    To have found that only one driver is at fault is stunning.
    It takes two to tango.
  16. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Not for one moment have I suggested the other driver had no right to go the outside line or pass, entirely his choice. That is a simple risk v reward situation. Why do so many drivers opt for the inside... It has less risk. Most of the time an outside pass is an invitation for grief, so don't be too surprised if it doesn't come off.
  17. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    It's more that if someone is thinking of signing up and joining this community, and all they see is pointless arguing (this post included, i realise that), they might get deterred from rooz and go elsewhere. End of discussion, it's been sorted.
  18. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    It's not the first time I've someone make this kind of excuse.

Come on mate, the stewards won't make a decision to intentionally piss you off, they do it to ensure that things are kept in line. The stewards have made a decision - accept it, learn from it and move on. No point defending this issue to the death because it simply isn't worth your time. Don't shove people off the road because you don't think they should be there.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2021
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No more discussion on this please.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Max, in following with past protests, if you dont agree with the result of the protest, you have every right to appeal the decision that has been handed down. I would much rather you appeal and let the lead mods look at the incident than turn the thread into a possible :):):):) fight.

As for others, im not sure why you are commenting. @incey @JonoStan96 and @xlxy90 i dont believe this has anything to do with any of you so get back in your box.