GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I left the series because of similar incidents. won a similar protest in fact. someone didn't learn from it and someone else moved on
  2. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    At the request of the mods, I won't give a commentary on the incident, but I'll quickly remark on the rules of motorsport.

See Appendix L of the International Sporting Code, Chapter IV: Code of Driving Conduct on Circuits, clause 2(b), page 46:

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/appendix_l_2021_publie_le_16_decembre_2020.pdf

This is a very famous rule due to Fernando Alonso's radio message at the Bahrain Grand Prix in 2012. Nico Rosberg purportedly blocked Alonso right up against the edge of the track, however Rosberg was not penalised as a car is permitted to defend the full width of the track so long as it is the first and only defensive manoeuvre. The rules are clear and unambiguous that you must leave a car's width of space when you return to the racing line:

"Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner."
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    clause 2(a) in the same section of the document you linked says:
    "A car alone on the track may use the full width of the said track"
    But it doesn't say you can make contact with another car while doing so, and I think that is an important point to make, that just because you are allowed to use the width of the track, doesn't mean you are excused from being aware of your surroundings eg. if there is already part of another car in that space
    ScottPye20, Xtr3meNZer and emmo46 like this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I guess it is a matter of interpretation, My believe is that you shouldn't push other people over on the straight. Sure you can race on any part of the track you want but that shouldn't be done if your actions put you into contact with another driver. I guess there are people who interpret it that they can move anywhere they want and it doesn't matter that they contact other drivers, that isn't my interpretation. The key to this for me though is leaving space between you and the driver beside you and not pushing them off the track edge or into the wall.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  5. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    "ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A SPACE"
    Crunch likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    The full text of the section Crunch refers is as follows, the last sentence is pertinent:

b) Overtaking, according to the circumstances, may be carried out on either the right or the left. A driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason. More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position offline, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.

However, manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are strictly prohibited. Any driver who appears guilty of any of the above offences will be reported to the Stewards.

Federation Internationale de l'Automobile 2020, 'APPENDIX L TO THE INTERNATIONAL SPORTING CODE', FIA International Sporting Code, http://www.fia.com/, P46, accessed 23 FEB 2021.
  7. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    AKA - if someone is next to you on the track, don't push them off? Leave room if they're beside you on the track?
    ScottPye20, Crunch and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Essentialy, yes
    Crunch likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I need to correct this statement, Although contact was made which could have put me onto the grass, I backed out and didn't actually go on the grass, it was a misconception I had thinking back on the incidents. i apologize for the error.
    T F Eccles likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The Sunova Beach team for round 7 Rebel will be Hatfield, Gtking and myself, Apex won't be racing.
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Ballast, rooms and car lists for tomorrows race
    I can host room 1
    Can I get a volunteer to host room 2 please?
    We will merge if 16 or less.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    gtkingx and Hatfield like this.
  12. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    People were quick to question my weight last week but they failed to tell me I was also under power. Had no chance
    gtkingx and DeanK like this.
  13. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Feel free to add weight or reduce power at any time :)
  14. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    No worries I might as well drop some more power and add more weight tonight seeing as I'm so quick in this series
  15. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I can host a room if still required.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  16. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Being serious though, whoever noticed your weight probably didn't bother to check the power as it's only the weights that change week to week.
  17. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I hope everyone has noted there is a game update that needs to be done before the race. Takes a while with the usual copying time
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Argh crap, just got home and saw this. Thanks for the heads up
  19. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m out cause internet issues
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Disappointingly only even starters tonight.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.