GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Congrats Sunova Beach Team.
    Had another fun time, was a bit tense at the start, all on different compounds.
    Thanks to tfeccles for the chance to run in the team.
    Got to run next to some of the quicker guys and in turn improve my own speed, car placement and all important awareness of where others are or are likely to be around me.
    Congrats all.
    Thanks also to organising team, great work.
  2. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    This has been the most enjoyable series I've raced in.

I think the ballast to even out the cars was about as good as it could be and the divisional ballast was spot on too with drivers from all divisions able to compete and be at the front. Well done to you guys who put this all together, I know there was a lot or work done to get it so right, thank you!

There were some seriously good battles throughout the series and mostly good clean driving. Thanks to all who participated and made it such a great series.
    Hatfield, Apex_64, T F Eccles and 4 others like this.
  3. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Congrats also to you Sir on drivers cup :thumbsup:
    Hatfield, Apex_64, emmo46 and 2 others like this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    For gtking to win the drivers title in both cups is quite an achievement, He was the wind under the wings of the Sunova Beach team and carried us to victory in the team sections of both cups. A splendid effort.
  5. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Huge thanks to naacs, with Hat unavailable at the last minute, and myself, those 7 points were as invaluable as GT during the series, and sealed the win for Emmo and the SOB's. GT, huge congrats on both driver championships, flawless effort mate.
    I just could not handle the tyre wear especially after pit times increased and I became a lead weight for SOB. GT was awesome in both series and Hat was very very good too. I told you guys I was coat-tailman from day 1:giggle:.
    Big thanks to Emmo for having me in the team, thoroughly enjoyed being in the team, and both of the series, your a fantastic leader emmo, which led to a close knit successful team.
    Apart from GT, Blunty and Steve also excelled in this series, well done guys, both of you drove some stunning races.
    Finally thanks to all who organized or had a finger in the pie of the series. There was a lot of work and with the withdrawals of some of the organizers, someone always stepped up to fill the void. Kudos to you all, from inception to the end.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Good point! @NAACS only putting in one drive for the season, but proving he is a Real Sunova Beach! o_O:whistling:
    gtkingx likes this.
  7. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Hi All,

First off I would like to congratulate all the winners and place getters in both the Contender Cup and Rebel Cup. Whilst I had to take a backward step from the series due to life commitments, I did try to keep an eye on the series and watch the CC streams when available. I think it is safe to say that both series were a success and was done in the right spirit of ROOZ.
    Myself and @Xtr3meNZer took a bit of an ambitious idea and ran with it. With the help of @emmo46 , @UrsineSaturn9 , @T F Eccles and others along the way, the series got off the ground and was welcomed by the ROOZ community. (with a couple of bumps along the way...;);))
    And when I saw the streams, the racing was fantastic. (If you haven't, go back and watch the stream of the CC Spa round, that racing really helped put the series on the map.)

So thankyou and well done to all competitors that competed in both series. Without you guys there is no series.
    A special thankyou to @Xtr3meNZer for setting the wheels in motion.
    And an extra special thankyou to @emmo46 , @UrsineSaturn9 , @T F Eccles (and anyone else that helped) for taking the reins and taking over the series after I left. I went to these guys with the intention of closing the series, but they happily took it over and made it there own.

Well done.

See you around, Unders.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    REVO ran away with the VW team cup, Sunova Beach took out the Overall, Mazda and Ford cups.
    @gtkingx @Steve Neilson and @Hatfield took top three in the drivers cup.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    CONTENDER CUP
    Overall team prize - Sunova Beach Racing - Owner emmo46 (Hatfield, gtking, apex 2691, emmo46, naacs)
    runners up
    2. REVO Satellite - owner UrsineSaturn9 (UrsineSaturn9, Max_Gassit_28, TwitchyGT viperzed,Bryan_F)
    3. Xtr3me Motorsport - owner xtr3menzeder (xtr3menzeder, Tubbster, Groover33, D_Karki, Gasmonkee78, Patg65, Peersy23)

VW team prize - REVO Satellite - owner UrsineSaturn9
    Mazda team prize - Sunova Beach Racing- Owner emmo46
    Ford team prize - Sunova Beach Racing- Owner emmo46

Drivers Champion - gtking, runners up (Steve_73_goof, Hatfield)
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have watched the replay and the outcome of the championship came down to the battle between REVO drivers Max and Ursine and Sunova Beach driver gtking in the final stint of the race. The outcome of that battle, which was quite furious actually, determined the outcome of the Championship.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Has anyone got a link to the Demo 1 stream?
  12. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Haven't found one yet, may have to contact him.
  13. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Never mind, checked Discord.
    He'll snag a replay and do a commentary on that.
    No stream due to pain issues.
  14. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    He posted on Facebook it will be delayed due to his pain problems.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Max Gassit and I were both nipping at @gtkingx's heels but couldn't get around. Great racing
    Steve Neilson, gtkingx and Max Gassit like this.
  16. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    ?
    Max Gassit likes this.
  17. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Thanks everyone for competing and turning up to get this series to the end.

Much appreciated to the other team captains that have really helped this series survive to the finish.

I'll see you again on track at some point in the future - time for a decent break.

Peace!
  18. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Looks like the stream will be on this Thursday 7.15pm
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Stream of final round is up
    Max Gassit and Steve Neilson like this.
  20. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    The racing and commentary was great to watch. So check it out and don't forget to hit the like button. Thanks Demo 1.