GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    $20 per race will suffice, added 5% tax for each protest
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  2. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Not sure if it is mandatory but people should not be running with a stock livery and/or stock (or no) race number, in my opinion.

Reason, especially now that Div 1 races are now getting streamed by a third party, it would help to make the league look as professional as possible. There are multiple people (myself included) who can throw together a livery if people need one at relatively short notice if they are a privateer.
    Crunch, T F Eccles, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Liveries don't concern me or my family
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Totally agree. @CaptainRisky21 and myself introduced the livery regs to try and kerb this problem and are more than capable of sorting anyone out!
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  5. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Maybe we need to introduce sanctions to those who run the stock livery:whistling:
    JonoStan96 and Rangeraus like this.
  6. Rangeraus

I don't think that's unreasonable, but it really shouldn't need to get to that point for broadcasted league races
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Agreed, it should be a condition of entry. Ultimately we have no way of controlling what people put on their cars due the game's limitations, other than kicking people form lobbies of they don't comply. But that may have a negative affect on reputation if mishandled.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    With the teams championship providing liveries for the majority of the field, and most people who choose privateer running their own design/getting someone else to make one (there's a whole thread for livery requests btw), there's really no excuse, in div 1 at least. Hopefully we'll see a good looking, close season through all divisions this season and for seasons to come
  9. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    I've heard a rumor that Season 16 may be the following:
    Gran Turismo F1500T-A
    Customizable Aero (an honesty system, please don't modify everything) only for the mid season Enduro: La Sarthe (RM only)
    Tyres RM/RS wear x1 or x2
    Fuel x1 or x2
    Starting fuel less than required for a no-stop
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Apex_64 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    where did you hear that? because nobody told me and I organise the bloody thing lol
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Hook, line and sinker! :sneaky:
    Easyprey007, Peersy and Apex_64 like this.
  12. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Haha I'm not sure actually!
    But I agree with you, it does sound like a great idea ;)
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  13. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I think tuning allowed for the enduro round would make it interesting.
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Interesting for sure, A turn off? Absolutely. In div 1 at least, Most guys don't have the time to spend hours working on a setup when they have wrk, life and other commitments to attend to where as other drivers in the same div may have all the time in the world, There's already a clear line in the sand where you can see the drivers who have the time to practice more sit, I'd prefer not to extend the gap further.

That said, Tuning enduros can be a lot of fun! And community events have long supported the and flourished! Maybe if someone wants to open something up? I'm sure you'd get a lot of interest.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. Rangeraus

I thought I mentioned it here but I must have posted it in the Season 15 Div 1 thread at the time.

tl;dr - I think the points for the sprint round reverse grid race should change for next season, as the weighting doesn't feel right.

More detailed explanation

Sprint Round points
    For sprint rounds, currently full points (25, 20, 16, ...) are awarded for Race 1, and half points (12.5, 10, 8, ...) are awarded for Race 2. These points are then added together to determine the overall rank for the round, with championship points being awarded from that.

The problem...
    At present it is all but mathematically impossible to win the round overall if you finish Race 1 in P4 or lower. If you have an incident in Race 1 and drop down the order to P6 or P7 then your round is pretty much already over, with an entire reverse grid race yet to come. Because no matter what happens in Race 2, the points deficit from Race 1 is already impossible to overcome. It's very demotivating especially if you are fighting for a championship and anything other than a podium is going to be a drop round.

In my experience, the erstwhile frontrunners usually find their way back to the front in the reverse grid race anyway. Whilst there is (correctly) not much benefit from parking in Race 1, the points balance is not quite right, in my opinion.

The proposals...
    Option 1 - Full points in Race 1, 80% points in race 2.
    This may involve some tinkering for round points (the ones that are totaled to determine the overall positions for the round) as the rounding/decimals will otherwise look a bit ugly. But it would mean that more than 3 people have a mathematical chance of winning the round before the reverse grid race starts.

Option 2 - Full points are awarded in Race 1, full points awarded in race 2.
    Speedweek S3 had this, and while they awarded points for each individual race, the overall round winners were Kenny, Keeden and Simon, who were the best 3 drivers across that event - despite some other people getting reverse grid wins (can't think of their names...)
    The overall winners will still be the most consistent drivers across both races, and at present the top drivers still find themselves at or near the front of the reverse grid race anyway.

Option 3 - Keep full points for race 1, keep half points for race 2
    I have explained why I don't think this is ideal at the moment but everyone is welcome to disagree with me on that point.

Discuss!
    MINT_GTR, Noodles87, Viperzed and 2 others like this.
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Humble as usual ;)

Completely agree with option 1, i feel option 2 might be a bit of a stretch. Probably worth testing each over a season anyway
    Rangeraus likes this.
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    There is....a third option

In all seriousness, a tweak to the first races points would be my option, or both actually. Race 1 is only half distance , why would we hand out full points? I'd be in favour of half points for race 1 and then a tweaked 10-9-8-7 system for the second race. This would be weighted to be a little less important than the Feature Race 1 but still crucial to maintaining points.
    Peersy likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If we were going to increase points for race 2 in the calculation equation for the round, then I'd say you must finish the first race to receive points
    This is to stop someone parking up and getting pole for race 2
  19. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Ranger et all
    First start with the original objective
    The points need to match the original intent and objective.. If the intent is to liven up and balance the round and put some "forced" competition into both races then this is a positive outcome for all in being competitive and developing race craft. Being the case, making both races equal in points allows an incentive for all to get as High up the leader board as possible in either race.
    More points in the 1st race than the 2nd somewhat lessens the importance of the second race, which in fact just as competitive as the first.
    note:
    • Both race points added for a combined Round order(same Overall Round points apply) 25,20,16 etc +Pole and FL
    • Pole awarded as normal for Race 1 only
    • FL for Race 2 only.
    • Race times on the weekend were comparative in both races
    • Those forced off in either race(no fault of their own) have a chance to redeem
    • Tanking in either race would be nullified
    • Tyre Wear please (more authentic)
    Stew Wilson likes this.
  20. Darren Day

Darren Day Rookie

PSN ID
    Old_timer05
    I like option 2. Full points both races. I find race 2 more difficult whether you start at the pointy end or down back and as such the points system should acknowledge this.
    Stew Wilson likes this.