Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@dj2ca what was the new rig you got recently
  2. Sir McSquid

Sir McSquid New Recruit

Thanks for the feedback Hatfield! Having done a little bit more research it does look like the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand best suits my needs. I'm using my TV, so I shouldn't need to add a monitor stand, but handy to know how it packs up.
    What do you do to minimise chair movement if it has wheels? I'm currently using a yoga mat underneath an office chair and using the couch as a backstop. That has been working fairly okay.
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    You can always unscrew the wheels if you have the option, can't roll if it can't roll
    Sir McSquid likes this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I've got the NLR wheel stand. Have a T-GT and T-LCM's on it. Good unit. Some slight flex in the wheel deck, but should be no issue for G29. Wheel deck pretty solid too, just a bit of flex with my load cell pedals. And I use a cloth belt to strap the wheel stand to my couch to stop it from moving (much).

There are certainly more solid rigs, but then of course you pay more. I am lusting after a PX-1 at the moment but unlikely to happen any time soon...

(old pedal set in picture)
    [​IMG]

I did have an issue where the cross bar was damaged, but Pagnian did replace it free of charge.
    [​IMG]
    Rolz and Sir McSquid like this.
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Next Level Racing F1-GT, great cockpit.

Went from G29 to Thrustmaster TS-PC (Ferrari 488 challenge version) and T-LCM pedals recently too, night and day difference.
    stucar17 and Sir McSquid like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    When I used to have a chair with wheels, the couch was behind it right up against it so it couldn't roll
    I've seen other solutions like strapping the chair to the rig with something non-elastic and sturdy
    Sir McSquid likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I've seen loads of fixes for casters rolling, the most ghetto and apparently best fix is to put the rear wheels in a pair of trainers. Also a lot of people get a block of wood and notch out slots for the front wheels and it hooks onto the bottom of the wheel stand.

Something like this

https://images.app.goo.gl/XXQ9KMxem1XXafmr8
    Sir McSquid likes this.
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Steer well clear of the F-GT Lite. I went through two of those that would fold and collapse while I was in them @Anthonyb and @stucar17 can both attest to hearing this happen a few times lol.
    stucar17, Sir McSquid and Anthonyb like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys have given some good feedback mate.... At the end of the day its all about space and budget...

I used to use the wheelstand pro, and i would sit in the lounge. folded up easy and was easy to move as required.
    https://pagnianimports.com.au/colle...roducts/next-level-racing-wheel-stand-racer-1

If you think you might be able to upgrade in the future, i would look at this one,
    https://pagnianimports.com.au/colle...racing-wheel-stand-dd-for-direct-drive-wheels
    Can use it on its own (bring your own seat) and the upgrade with this add on that bolts straight on
    https://pagnianimports.com.au/colle...ucts/seat-add-on-for-next-level-wheel-stand-1

Stu
    Sir McSquid likes this.
  10. Stef_91

Stef_91 New Recruit

I have the NLR DD wheel Stand. Everything from height of wheel to the angle of wheel and pedals can be changed. They have also released a seat add on. At the moment im using Thrustmaster T300 wheel and TLC-M load cell pedals and have no problems. It comes with 2 castor wheels from memory but you can buy additional to make it easy to move.
    dj2ca likes this.
  11. Stef_91

Stef_91 New Recruit

If i knew how to attach a photo i would post my set up. Lol
  12. Sir McSquid

Sir McSquid New Recruit

Thanks for the reviews everyone! I purchased a Next Level Wheel Stand last weekend.
    It has a couple of parts either broken or not aligning so I haven’t been able to put it together yet,
    Fortunately their support team said they will ship a few bits so fingers crossed I can get it up and going once they’re here.
    KoAStR, Rolz and Anthonyb like this.
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I ended up upgrading to the F-GT in the end.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well I've fitted the wheel stand dd that I ordered from Pagnian a couple of weeks ago. This wheel stand isn't supposed to be compatible with the GT Ultimate V2 but after some modifications it's perfect. As you can see I also used the monitor stand from my V2. Everything is super solid with zero flex, it couldn't be any more solid if it was 8020. I was very tempted to go with 8020 but I've spent a lot this year on the PC upgrades and the new wheelbase and rims so I am glad I took the risk on the wheel stand dd. Fitting it to my existing equipment was just a case of adding some small pieces of metal frame to the bottom of the legs to slightly raise it like the wheel stand pro was and then drilling some holes to bolt the monitor stand to the new wheel stand. Then I screwed it all down to the MDF base that it's all mounted to. Final additions will be the Clubsport RS rim that I pre-ordered earlier in the year, an LED strip light around the edge of the MDF base and I'm thinking about adding 2x 27" G7 monitors to the sides of the CRG9. Oh and the dream is to throw one of the kids out and move out of the garage!

Very happy and thanks as usual to Pagnian for the fast service and the Rooz discount.

Right now the rig consists of:

GT Ultimate V2 + Wheel Stand DD
    Fanatec CSL DD with Boost Kit
    Fanatec McLaren GT3 V2 with QR1
    Fanatec V3 Pedals with Brake Kit and Dampers
    Fanatec CS Shifter 1.5
    VKB NXT Gladiator Premium
    Thrustmaster TWCS
    Buttkicker Gamer 2
    Ignition Controls Button Box
    Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound
    Astro A50 Gen3
    Samsung CRG9 Ultrawide

(PC specs in signature)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    ADZA_85, Rangeraus, Matthyus and 4 others like this.
  16. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Who or what does the cage keep out?
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    My wife's dog, a Cavalier who insists on sitting in it. Problem is she drops so much fur, drives me crazy.
  18. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Bit of advice needed here.
    I'm picking up my new shiny PS5 on Saturday and I'm pretty sure my old trusty thrustmaster T500RS steering wheel and pedals isn't going to work with it too well. (it is 8 years old and has done more KM's than my work van)
    I've currently got a Next Level Racing Wheel Stand so I'd prefer to keep using that.
    Any advice on a good option for PS5? I'm thinking the T300RS as I know the brand is solid, but the pedals look a bit lightweight and the whole thing looks a bit "cheaper". Can you Switch out the standard pedals to the T-LCM pedals?
    Does anyone know where you can get the new thrustmaster wheel, the T248 in australia?
    on the other hand I was thinking of a fancy fanatec setup, but unsure of whats what, they're pretty expensive and I'm wondering if I'd need to buy a new stand etc for it?
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    As long as you have the latest firmware, the T500RS should work.
    I know it is compatible with Dirt 5 for PS5, so I'd give it a try first before you spend anything!

If you're going Fanatec, the CSL Elite PS4 version works brilliantly with PS5, but I don't think Fanatec make them anymore, so you might struggle to find one brand new.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    gtkingx likes this.