ACC [PC] Season 6 - Round 10 [Bathurst 2020 - 120min] Enduro

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by CornfordCaster, Aug 23, 2021.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

[​IMG]

RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 6 - GT3 World Tour
    Admin team: @krunch, @nanlatt, @CornfordCaster, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @Flamebadger

Round 10 - ENDURO - Bathurst 2019
    [​IMG]
    30th August 2021 at 8:00pm
    (AEST - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

GENERAL NOTES
    • Redressing is a thing - It's important to redress when you have caused another car to lose position. More info here
    • Start Formation - The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will continue to review starts as a matter of procedure. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or disadvantaging other drivers by being out of position.
      • Please respect other drivers and stay in your grid position
      • Do not stay 'ghosted' within any other car especially in the final phase of the formation lap
      • It is not acceptable to take another car's position before the start
      • If ACC fails to give a penalty for being out of position then the Admin team will issue a post race penalty
      • Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green
      • Drivers should stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins
      • penalties WILL NOT BE CLEARED even if it seems to be a glitch - just take more care!
    • Avoiding pre-start and Lap 1 Carnage! - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of Round 1.
    SERVER INFO
    Race Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEST] SVR01 [PRAC/RACE] S6 R10 [Bathurst 2019 - 120min]

Server Password: season6
    • This server is available for practice in the week prior to Monday's race.
    • The server will kick over to official practice at 8:00pm (AEST) on the Monday night.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".

'Whacky' Wednesday Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEST] SVR02 [WHACKY WED] S6 R10 [Bathurst 2019 - 2x30min]

Server Password: season6
    • This server is both for season 6 practice and for others wishing to try out racing at ROOZ.
    • The server runs as a Super Sprint with 2x30min races and no pitstops.
    • The server will kick over to first practice at 8:00pm (AEST) on the Wednesday night.
    • The server has an open entry list with an SA rating of 60.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • more info: Whacky Wednesday Forum Thread

RACE & SESSION INFO *Changed
    This round is an ENDURO:
    • 1 x 120 min race.
    • 1 Mandatory pitstop for tyres.
    • Fuel mandatory, fill time NOT fixed.
    • No pit window
    • 70 minute stint limit
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 2x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Friday 7am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 15 mins (in game Saturday 9am) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 120 mins (in game Sunday 6am) - OPEN for joining
    • *Weather: "ambientTemp": 24, "cloudLevel": 0.25, "rain": 0.1, "weatherRandomness": 4
      *Note: the cloudLevel parameter has changed (was 0.27)

CAR CHOICE
    This season is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE

All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

>> ROOZ Discord Server <<

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver please do not push your talk button. Keep it private!
    • Please do not conduct arguments over voice chat. Sort it out later!
    • Abuse will not be tolerated. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

WHY NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS?
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for this season. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to the season remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidentally left selected on a driver's car when they enter the server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2021
    krunch likes this.
  2. CornfordCaster

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2021
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

No registration link? or is it only for Season6 full timers?
  4. CornfordCaster

This is the same as the Donington race and a part of the calendar season, you're currently entered in Season 6 with the Bentley.
    Rolz likes this.
  5. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Please note: we have made a small change to the weather settings for tomorrow night's round. We have reduced the cloud cover by 2% from 0.27 to 0.25 in an effort to reduce (but not eliminate) the chance of rain during all sessions. No other settings have changed. We apologise for any inconvenience at this late stage.

Server 1 was updated with the changed setting at 2:45pm AEST
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So normal start time tonight and a 2 hour race? Going to be a late one! :sleep:
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  7. CornfordCaster

Yep, this one is normal time still.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  8. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Remember, if you can't drive fast, at least look good doing it.
    Rolz, krunch, nanlatt and 3 others like this.
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

So what's the deal with the driver stint times? I did 2 stops about 40 mins apart, and still got a warning on the very last lap that my stint was up and I had to box now. How can my stint be up if I'd only driven for about 40 mins? Is it because with only 1 mandatory stop, it counts all time from my first stop (the "mandatory" one) to the end as one stint?

I made it to the end without too many dramas. I did get turned around on lap 2 at the cutting, but managed to stay off the walls. I turned around from facing the wrong way by doing a 25 point turn without touching the concrete, but that burned up quite a bit of time. I thought "Oh well, it's a long race", and just got on with it. I stayed pretty much out of trouble, but at one stage I clouted the wall at Sulman and copped some light damage. I tried a lap to see how bad it was, but then the car got very snappy braking into the chase and I spun into the wall. It took 1 minute extra in the next stop to fix.

In the closing stages I was keeping an eye on Able Archer about 20 secs behind me, chasing me for position with a better lap time. Luckily he was held up by Krunch and Ursine and couldn't get close enough to mount an attack that I'm sure he would have won.

So a challenging night, but I'm always glad to finish Bathurst Enduros and ended up 13th in the end from starting 25th.

A big thanks to Krunch and the team for putting on another great season.
    nanlatt, Rolz, krunch and 2 others like this.
  10. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

Tough night for me and after two significant crashes both at the SS we had to retire the car.. its a funny place Bathurst, sometimes you feel like you've mastered the mountain others you wonder where your talent has gone!!

Overall though a very successful season for myself considering where I was in seasons past, despite not finishing on a high note.

Highlights, was my first ever podium at Oulton Park, fighting for top 10s on most occasions and able to take the silver class championship to the final round..

This also brings an end to the M6 for me and Rooz, though not goodbye to BMW for future seasons, "cough" M4 "cough", but now look at seeing if I can be just as competitive in other machinery.

Well done Marsh on silver class win and those who won their classes.

Thanks to those who take the time to make this such a great place to spend a Monday night!
    c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  11. Rolz

Cheers for the Season Admins! Had fun!
    Last night was a challenge, been a few weeks since I was last in the boat at Bathurst so to come so fesh was not ideal haha
    Had some great battles, congrats to Andy for the normal spanking...
    Thanks also to L. Henderson for a ding dong battle... that was super and to be within a second of finishing behind you after 2hrs shows it was really close! :)

thnx again! Hope to make some next season enduros :)
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Has anyone got an answer to this?
  13. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I got the same warning and I'm guessing others did too? I think this may be another Kunos 'quirk' in the way they do things. I interpreted it as being that the race was about to end so therefore so was my stint. It may be related to the way we have setup the server to avoid other potential issues. TL;DR - Kunos logic is messed up and the server handbook is contradictory!

When you set a driver stint time you also have to set a maxTotalDrivingTime even though this is only applicable to driver swaps (see server handbook excerpts below). As such we set this to be 5 mins longer than the full race time so nobody get's a penalty for exceeding that time. In the past when we turned this off (ie. set it to "-1") while still having a stint time set we found weird things were happening such as missing driver stint timers in people's HUDs.

So one possibility is that the max total driving time being longer than the race confuses the stint timer 'logic' somehow making it see the end of the race as just the end of the driver's stint - but not the actual end of the race. Who knows?!

From Kunos' server handbook:

driverStintTimeSec - "Defines the maximum time a driver can stay out without getting a penalty. Can be used to balance fuel efficient cars in endurance races. The stint time resets in the pitlane, no real stop is required. -1 will disable the stint times. driverStintTimeSec and maxTotalDrivingTime are interdependent features, make sure both are set or off."

maxTotalDrivingTime - "Restricts the maximum driving time for a single driver. Is only useful for driver swap situations and allows to enforce a minimum driving time for each driver (IRL this is used to make sure mixed teams like Pro/Am have a fair distributions of the slower drivers). -1 disables the feature. driverStintTimeSec and maxTotalDrivingTime are interdependent features, make sure both are set or off. Will set the maximum driving time for the team size defined by “maxDriversCount”, always make sure both are set."
    c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  14. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Thanks, clear as mud. Just so long as we don't actually get unfairly DQ'd. In one of our wet races, I did have to pit before I wanted to because my stint was up, but that was legit at the time.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thoroughly enjoyed that last night and was absolutely knackered by the end of it all. I'd like to say I achieved my goal of getting around incident and damage free, but unfortunately spun it around once at Forest Elbow plus a few other minor wall taps going over the mountain, so 15 seconds of damage to fix at the pit stop. It seemed like the majority of the 2nd stint I had to defend from @krunch who caught me relatively quickly after the pit stops with more raw pace, but I wasn't going to let him around easily! I just focused on getting good exits out of Hell Corner and Forest Elbow and was able to hold off the attack. And all got a bit scrappy by the last few laps as fatigue really set in with a few wall taps coming down the mountain, but no way around there. Sorry to @AbleArcher83 to hold you up from un-lapping yourself, as you were clearly faster too, but don't think it affected the result in the end and hey, you're class champion so well done there! :thumbsup:

Gotta say I'm enjoying the new ACC-FFB app at the momement, which I think allowed me to avoid a few disasters by being to correct them from the FFB before becoming a passenger. Suggest to check that out in the General game discussion if you haven't already.

And just a minor suggestion for the mods, I reckon these 2 hour races should start 30 minutes or so earlier if possible as turns into a bit of a late night! (and hard to get to sleep when you're pumped full of adreneline! :D )
    krunch and c4rLo5 like this.
  16. Rolz

yeah it took me a while to relax enough to finally fall asleep... wrists and ankles were still feeling it this morning
  17. CornfordCaster

Thank god the race ended when it did. I had a fairly hard hit on my second last lap whilst chasing Marsh. It threw my alignment out a bit but thankfully I had a decent cushion. Woke up with sore arms today for sure.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    Something, c4rLo5 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  18. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Race highlights, remastered for your viewing pleasure.
    tezpez85, c4rLo5, krunch and 2 others like this.
  19. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    ...............BREAKING NEWS...............
    Bathurst residents defy lock down orders to attend the last round of the RaceOnOz series.
    Spectators were last seen fleeing the mountain on foot, dressed in Holden and Ford attire.
  20. CornfordCaster

I can't wait to see racing here again in person.:(
    tezpez85 and krunch like this.