GT6 Thoughts of GT6 thus far?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rumbleshorts, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Just thought I would get a discussion going as I couldn't see any others.. So what's are your thoughts on GT6 so far?

Mine are:

1. Love driving settings appear to stick with your car and not have to be re-done every time you join a track (at least that's what I'm seeing) :)
    2. Graphics = so much nicer on the eye (no jaggies on shadows)
    3. Licences are included to progress again, like they should!! They became redundant in GT5 so...
    4. UI change is great
    5. Bathurst is available from the start, at least in arcade (have yet to check online rooms).
    6. Good wood!!!

Minuses so far:

1. Tyre noise. Why does it outweigh all other sfx?!?
    2. AI is still silly in what it does.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Early days but............

New physics are great, so much more realistic.

Graphics are good, night quite as good as I'd hoped.

Menu system really easy

Loving Bathurst, Even the camera angles on the replay are pretty much spot on.

Actually like the fact you can change the colour of you speedo/tach. (nerd moment) and the odometer, handy.

Interior view seems easier to use. never really liked using it in GT5 but for the most part its not as restricted when it comes to how much you can see. (havent jumped in the Citroen GT yeto_O)

Hate the tyre noise, that was supposed to have been fixed, now IMO its worse.

AI although better, is so unpredictable.

Still takes for ever to do oil changes on more than one car.

When dropping horsepower in settings you cant see what its doing until hitting ok! WTF takes twice as long.
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    A few glitches in the game atm - something wierd is going on with the sound & trees moving around!
    Been locked out twice - both required hard resets resulting in the system having to check/restore files.

Agree with the tyres, oil change & HP settings...wft?
    Love the fact all the cars are displayed, not hiding in that damn UDC
    Massive list of tracks - but only have eyes for Bathurst!!

Edit: 3 hard resets - starting too hate that
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  4. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Does it still do that silly thing where you can hardly hear your own car because all the competitors cars drown it out? I used to hate that in GT5.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm very impressed with that Matterhorn track that they use in the Nat races
    DekGT5mad and leeboy910 like this.
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Doesn't seem to, at least in offline races, at least not that I have noticed it over the tyre squeal lol ;)
    Neishy likes this.
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    I've enjoyed it a fair bit so far. Obviously there are the tyre noises and small things like a next race option missing but nothing really upsetting. One thing I'm struggling with so far is the new physics. I find it much harder to feel how much front grip I have causing me to either turn in too much or completely overshoot corners. I haven't touched the tuning side yet so maybe there is still hope I can improve the feeling for myself.
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    As Leeboy said - Matterhorn is a wild one! - just love it.
    Can see some great nights racing to come...
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's what I thought when I tried the demo and why I haven't rushed out and bought GT6. It was one of the factors that put me off GT5 after a while too. Pity it's not been worked on.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Front wheel drive cars are a million times better to drive, still struggling to find the right balance though, the cars are much harder to drive though and its really feeling on edge the whole time.
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

One thing I am liking is the progression doesn't feel too laboured yet. Unfortunately I need to fix my PS3, or buy a new one, before I can continue further to get an idea of the upcoming races, etc.
  12. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm feeling much better about GT6 than GT5. On one level the production value has been improved 10 fold. It feels a lot more like an experience rather than just playing a game.
    The handling is much more realistic and predictable compared to GT5. It actually does what a real car does, GT5 felt like a gamble almost every corner.
    Bathurst is mint of course, but the real surprise for me is Matterhorn, that is one seriously fun track. That huge drop into the hairpin is where the men are separated from the boys...or it could all end in tears.
    Enjoying the licence tests for a change. Goodwood is brilliant too, charging up there in the Audi Quattro or Mercedes SLS GT3 is really hair raising stuff.
    Overall I'm really happy with it so far. Haven't had a chance at online yet due to Telstra being a bunch of useless pricks, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually!

Oh, and as I said in the shout box, the coolest bit is the dude waving the chequered flag...that's the stuff I really like about games and makes it so much more fun and enjoyable.
    JonoStan96 and KoAStR like this.
  13. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    I did a bit of tuning on a few cars and had a much better feeling for the cars once some tuning has been done to them with suspension in particular.

I've been doing some offline races in my Honda HSV-010 and even on sports softs I was quite comfortable with the car (changed suspension etc). So I'm assuming racing softs are going to be amazing, well for the Honda anyways. Just trying to save some $ for the Loctite NSX next to compare it to GT5 as I used that car a lot.

(Try driving the Huarya anniversary edition on sports softs with no TCS etc, my gosh it's a mission lol)
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Still non premium cars, but at least everything is available straight away.

Money is awful hard to come by.

Looks like, once you own a colour, you can use it as much as you want.

Lots of rim choices.

NOOOOOOOOS!!

Free concept cars (the merc is pretty cool).

Headlight effects bit improved too.
  15. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hmmmm I think I am tempted now to go and grab this.

Is the online lobby setup improved?
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Still got dropouts and some have crashed needing a hard reset.

The practice-qualify-race set-up is a nice touch, you can see what the room is doing before you join, and what the length settings are without searching for it. Otherwise it's pretty much the same, just looks different.
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Real names too, not your psn id. Unless you set that as your name at start.
    Stumbles likes this.
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, I went D Stumbles...lol
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I updated my in-game name last night and it said I'm only allowed to do it one more time. Stuffed if I know why.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hmmmm name mafia