Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I just did 15 Laps constantly in the high 8's fastest lap 1:08.565. I think the key is getting a good run through the right hander after the tunnel it sets up up to run up and over the hill
    AOCleaner74 and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Fastest laps are really only good to gauge your qualifying pace (and should be measured on/near a full tank - as that is what you'll be qualifying with).

Otherwise, in my opinion, it is better to measure your average/consistent pace (in traffic, with other cars around), as that is what you are likely to come across during the race.
    Where can you successfully pass?, where shouldn't you try?, and which corners are susceptible to draft understeer at high speed? - all of which can see you gain/lose time against others around you.

Getting stuck behind a competitive driver (or being that competitive driver in front getting, pressured from behind), can either push you to new heights or bring about small errors that can quickly turn into larger ones.

As long as you're close enough (within reason) to what most are obtaining I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny and SPL Racing like this.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm pretty sure a race pace of low 1:09s will be good enough. High 1:08's is quick for race pace.
    I do expect some quick laps here though as the tow on the main straight is quite good if you get a good run out of the last corner.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    That would explain it, well done to Beau that's really fast. Is there anyway you could get him to join our league?? He would probably be in a division of his own with that pace but man it would be awesome to watch :D
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Oh i've tried. He said he just didn't have time to commit to a season due to school and other commitments.
  6. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    1:09:820

Is my fastest about 5 laps In from fresh tyres. 1st practice on track ever so pretty happy with that hopefully find another half a second
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If you can keep up 9's without chewing your tyres too bad you should be ok. Gonna need to be able to do at least 13 laps, more if you pit different laps, or 3 stop.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    3 stops didn't work at Deep Forest! Trust me haha :p
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  10. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Tyres don't seem to wear as bad here at the Valley as they did at Deep Forest. I think most if not all will be 2 stopping...
  11. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
  12. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :)
    Yeh, i did last week didn't know you couldn't get back in if you dropped out.We only had 2 dsc's in total out of 15,so it was pretty good all round anyway. AO hadn't FR'd anyone, so i think that had more to do with it. Previously all had muted for racing, we all discussed prerace to use them to stop incidents entering pitlane, it worked well,i heard bugger all except that, as i said i did chip some guys lap 1 that were getting a bit crazy, which probably saved ya judiciary duties, lol, but I did apologise post race. I can sort it anyway mate. o_O
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries, sounds good.

There is a chance you might get a new guys in the next day, will try to sort tonight so all knows what is happening. I just need to get an hour to sort it all out without t he work interruptions !
    Ad2mny and DekGT5mad like this.
  14. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I'm hosting/racing in emmo46 invitational event tonight, so please don't join thinking it's a div 4 practice room. I'll have one open tomorrow night.
    Cheers
    Derek
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will do, more just getting the guy on your friend list etc.......
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    All good Stu,
  17. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    For some reason I can't find NEEMO55 and Haze One to add to my friends list. Could you possibly add me please. Cheers
  18. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    From memory isn't Haze's PSN ID serenityinspeed (or am I thinking of someone else)?
    I'm not at home to check it on my PS3, perhaps someone from Div 4 can confirm this for you (or the man himself)? ;)
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    it's HazeOne68
    DoogleDave likes this.
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep serenityinspeed on forum. Not sure about Neemo.