Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Yes, your re-telling of the race was pretty much exact and the reason you were catching me is because my fuel was in the red so I had to short shift for 2 laps and just got home by a comfortable 3 seconds ( from memory) and bad luck to the people that got DC'd

P.S: The enduro is mine :)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    That was bad luck for you when you nearly spun on the second to last turn, you would have kept your lead :(
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That sucks man, you were the man to beat again this week.
    DekGT5mad, AOCleaner74 and Ad2mny like this.
  4. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Let's not talk about my race. It's bad.
    The results are more interesting...
    Code:
       Driver         Time       Fastest Lap
    01.X-WTF_MAN-X    45:57.252  1:32.128
    02.molch_82          +3.008  1:32.066
    03.seeeeth123       +23.003  1:32.475
    04.SPL_Racing       +31.288  1:32.655
    05.emmo46           +37.396  1:32.041  (fastest lap)
    06.Ad2mny           +39.735  1:33.153
    07.ranok3n        +1:03.763  1:32.529
    08.X-3vi1m00n     +1:06.704  1:32.887
    09.Jim_aka_TheMan +2:25.093  1:32.633
    10.pykeybraa145   D/C lap 27 1:32.420
    11.AOCleaner74    D/C lap 13 1:32.051  (pole)

Code:
    Fastest Laps
    01.1:32.041 emmo46         
    02.1:32.051 AOCleaner74
    03.1:32.066 molch_82        
    04.1:32.128 X-WTF_MAN-X  
    05.1:32.420 pykeybraa145 
    06.1:32.475 seeeeth123     
    07.1:32.529 ranok3n      
    08.1:32.633 Jim_aka_TheMan
    09.1:32.655 SPL_Racing     
    10.1:32.887 X-3vi1m00n   
    11.1:33.153 Ad2mny         

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    DekGT5mad, emmo46 and SPL Racing like this.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

:eek:o_O:(:cry: And I thought my 1:32.7 was respectable....... boy was I wrong :notworthy: @X-WTF_MAN-X and @AOCleaner74 what happened to the 31's you both appeared to effortlessly do in practice go to??
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    What a week, between, birthdays, wedding's and fathers day I didn't get much practice in this week and when I did it was horrendous. I just couldn't get my head around the course and was running mid 1:34's on a good lap. So I was shocked when I managed a high 1:32 in qualifying which put me 5th on the grid.
    Lap 1 was hectic and I started dropping back through the pack and after running wide i was back to 10th by the start of lap 2. Evil was ahead of me and I chased him hard for about 4 laps until I was close enough to make a move, I couldn't get it done cleanly and bumped him so I redressed and started the hunt again, another 2 laps later I had emmo breathing down my neck and I had to try and make another move on evil but I stuffed up again running evil wide and emmo drove straight past us both. Evil was too fast for me to get by so I had to wait for a mistake and when he ran wide onto the main straight I had a run on him and finally got by.
    I decided to pit early on lap 8 which I think worked well for me, my lap times weren't fast but consistency was keeping me in the game, I started to get into a bit of a groove and started reeling in Ad in front of me, after Pykey spun around I was right on the back of him and we had a great battle for a few laps, i passed him once then he caught me and passed me back before catching the grass on the second last corner and letting me through again he spun soon after that and the pressure was off. After AO's unfortunate disconnection and a few people spinning I had found myself in 5th behind Ad with one stop to go.
    Ad came in on lap 17 and I reacted the following lap, I think because I accidently filled my tank up to full on my first stop I only had to take 5 litres to get me to the end and I jumped comfortably ahead of Ad and up into 4th after my stop. I knew that 4th would be an amazing outcome for me this week so I just kept it clean and hit my marks to bring it home cleanly and bag some points.
    I'm not surprised that I only had the 9th fastest lap time (I didn't think I would go that fast) and i'm stoked with 4th, after a quick look at the numbers I think I may have kept second place in the championship but it seems we have a knew leader. Great drive WTF, you really deserved the win tonight and congrats to Molch for getting back on the podium and to Seth for a podium in his first completed race.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    While I like being that high up in the lap times, unfortunately my best was actually a 1.33.153.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I was second last in qualifying and couldn't work out why, I felt like I was flying. Seeing I couldn't make my position any worse I jumped in to pits to make sure pp and whatnot was right. Unfortunately it was and I was just driving like crap. Poor emmo has no luck on lap 1 and spun at Surtees. I moved my way slowly up as I passed evil on the outside after first long straight and passing others as they ran off track until eventually I was in 5th. I was looking hard at pykey but a wide run at Stirlings had me bouncing across the outside grass, losing ground on pykey and allowing seeeeth (recovering well from a jumpstart) on to my tail. I could feel the pressure behind me and felt I was holding him up a little in some sections, so I dove in for a super early stop on lap 6 to give him some empty track to try reel pykey in. Had no idea about fuel and pitting so early gave me no clues, so I didn't put any in, STOOOOPID!! Came out a long way back in last and quickly reeled Jim_aka in who was really struggling. Emmo and seeeeth were holding 5th and 6th and poor AOC was a fair way out in front and looked set for another win. Lap 8 and jim pitted and I moved up to 10th. emmo came undone same place as lap 1, running wide at Surtees and spinning. Pykey was pulling away from seeeeth , and he, emmo SPL pitted this lap too. I saw seeeeth coming out of the pits and nearly outbraked myself not paying attention. Got an awful run out of Paddock hill and he was right there again at Druids. AOC had a horror run leading to his pitstop, first running wide entering Stirlings and sliding out, allowing WTF past, then getting held up in the pits by WTF just ahead (stupid AI). He rejoined in 3rd. I must complement seeeeth on his close quarters driving, and he eventually got by me by the end of the lap. Well, side by side anyway, but as he had the inside, I let him go into paddock hill first with a quick lift of the throttle, and we both made it through safe. A quick flick of the lights for the pass, and I tailed him up to Pilgrims drop, where i had not quite enough draft to pass so gave him a little bump of 5km/h. That's the last time I was close enough to draft. Lap 11 saw the last of the drivers pit and we jumped up past Rano and SPL into 5th and 6th, with pykey again just up ahead of seeeeth. AOC DSC'd mid lap 13 just as he looked set to attack molch. His ps3 turned off and his car shot a cross the short track section to rest heavily against the wall then disappear. Just behind, pykey totally missed his braking point, running wide at Surtees and losing 3 places, giving SPL a quick flash for the slight block when SPL couldn't decide which way to go around. By half race distance my fuel was down to a 1/4 of a tank and I then realised it was going to need to HAVE 3/4 of a tank to finish after my second stop, which I decided would be lap 17, leaving 11 laps to finish on. Start of lap 17, pykey, who was dropping back spun at paddock hill losing a lot of time. I pitted from 4th with SPL right on my tail, and instead of filling to 3/4 of a tank, I put 3/4's in. With what seemed like 20 mins sitting in the pits I had time to contemplate on my stupidity and vowed to do better fuel testing next time as all the field zoomed past again. So 11 laps to the flagons just concentrated on hitting my markers. Evil and jim were just ahead but out of reach, and SPL came out next lap in between them both. I could only manage low 33's and they dropped to 34's toward the end. Lap 20 I jumped up 3 places to 7th, then next lap to 5th with pykey and emmo a few seconds behind. I crept up slowly on SPL but still only got as close as a few seconds behind. Stirlings claimed pykey on his out lap and emmo had a days of thunder moment but got through unscathed. The rest of the race for me was watching emmo slowly close in, and his FL lap 24 told me he wouldn't be too long. A bit of a scare for him I'm sure on lap 27 at Westfield, running out wide and clipping the jutting out Armco. Got away with it as well as he could spending so much time on the grass and was straight back on the attack. Made the move stick lap 28 with a good run out of Surtees and passing by before Hawthorns. The rest of my race was just watching him pull away.
    DekGT5mad and AOCleaner74 like this.
  9. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    You are right... I swapped the 33 with ranok.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Who got pole?
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  11. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I did mate.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  12. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Not sure, but I didn't really get a chance to do a quick mid fuel run....
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I had a blinder of a start!
    Anticipated the lights at the perfect time that I thought I was going to jump the gun!
    Shame it was such a short and narrow straight... had no where to go to take advantage of it....
    Didn't matter much as the grass was so lush and green it was attracting me again after a few corners. :(
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Top half of the table looks like it's in for a good fight :)
    DekGT5mad, SPL Racing and Ad2mny like this.
  16. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    wow i am really surprised i only dropped one spot in the championship
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I threw away a possible win and a certain podium by stupidly running wide at the turn in to the third corner on lap 1, just stupid. I had qualified second with a 1:32.446 (my PB to that point) behind AO on 1:32.112. The spin on lap 1 put me last just over 10 seconds behind the leader, On lap 2 Jim_aka spun out of the first turn and then I managed to catch and pass Rano up the back straight on lap 3 to move into 9th.
    A couple of laps later I caught a battling Evil and SPL and was puzzled how I would find a way past them when SPL slipped inside Evil at the apex of the last left hander of the lap. They touched slightly which sent Evil a little wide and SPL went right which was like the parting of the Red Sea for me as they left just enough room for me to spear through the middle at unabated speed into 7th. Ad2 and Seth were quite a way ahead of me at this point though I was gaining on them slowly. Ad2 pitted early and I started to close on Seth when I had another spin at the entry to the long circuit and followed it up immediately by spinning again trying to get back on track. After the first round of stops I was at back in about 10th. I gained a spot when evil spun out of turn 1 and I caught and passed Rano again on the back straight. AO's disconnection gifted me another spot. I could see Ad2 and Pykey turning off the back straight as I entered it each lap and could see that I was gaining. Ad2 went in for his second stop early and I nearly caught Pike just before we both stopped. Pykey spun at Stirling which moved me to 6th and I then set off after Ad2 and SPL. I knew Ad2 would be hurting for tyres near the end and sure enough I was able to pick him off two laps from home, unfortunately SPL was just out of reach so I came home 5th and also set my first ever FL in a season race.
    I'm looking forward to Apricot Hill, it's the scene of my last seasonal win with a win in race one of the sprint in gt6 season 1. If I can just keep off the %$#^^$ grass.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    All the divisions are quite close this Season, apart from Div3 where groover hasn't score less than 21 all season.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I remember that emmo. I came from the rear of field but couldn't get you.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Last time I was at Apricot Hill sprints I got victory race 2 after lagging everyone out behind me. Not a real high point for me. Didn't notice any lag last night but my replay showed seeeeth lagging once or twice.
    DekGT5mad, SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.