RFACTOR rFactor 2 General discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Jan 25, 2012.

1. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

ok i'll check that out. thanks Beau!
  2. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    The reason why it feels like there is no grip is due to the fact the track has to be 'rubbered in' - so as the race weekend progresses, the track gets more grip. It's great if you want to run a full race weekend, but is a pain if you just want a few hotlaps or a quick 5 lapper.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I agree with your comments there HB... it can look a bit gaudy and to be honest I was a bit disappointed with the graphics in comparison to rF1 and other current sim titles, especially the replays (they do look weird aye)

Physics have been up and down build to build but generally improving I thought. Reasonably intuitive but still not as progressive as others like you said.

But I just keep reminding myself it's still a beta so hopefully lots of improvements still to come.

The only thing I disagree with you on is the sense of speed. Around Spa, in one of the GP cars, I thought the sense of speed was pretty good - try that, afterall the skip is pretty slow really.
  4. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

yeah it was noted how the grip was improving. but the on-off nature of it was what got to me. it just doesn't feel natural. i enjoyed rFactor so there is hope for this yet. like i said i'm gonna keep plugging at it and see what happens, i just thought it would have a more engaging feel by now.
  5. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

have you used the Skip in iRacing? rFactor2's feels like it's crawling in comparison. i wonder if maybe the eye level height to track is out in rFactor's Skip or something small like that. it still feels really awkward and i've done a heap of laps in it.
  6. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

i'm an idiot for not picking up on the problem straight away. good ole' FOV on default. i've got it on 70 and the track doesn't look 3 times shorter and 3 times wider anymore :p but the grip feeling comments stand, like the tyres are full of wood not air.
    love the Mills Metroplex track though, and i've been making an effort in the Clio and C6R which are reasonable. i think the part of the problem is the physics are there but it's not translating visually, just a guess. i am warming to it more though. the Clio racing is quite fun.
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    You haven't properly sampled rFactor 2 until you've driven Croft V1.0. by SimRacingPL. This mod team have set the benchmark for rFactor2.
  8. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

thanks Beau, this is certainly more like it. like you say these guys should be the standard. it's nice to see what rF2 is actually capable of now. the texturing is far better, and i wonder if the surface code is different for this track. it seems to be the best the sim has felt so far. things are looking up :)
  9. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

been downloading like a demon. there are big inconsistencies in the quality of the mods. get a good one and rF2 is brilliant! it's just a shame they're few and far between.
    try the Spark F3 at Lime Rock with chicanes, FUUUUNN!! the 370Z around Croft is on the money too. what did you all think of the Brabham at Monte Carlo? i can't get the hang of it. grip seems to be all over the place...had a giggle though, everywhere is made to 1966 period with the spectators cars and clothing, but at the end of main straight on the right is a parked safety car, of 2012 Renault Megane vintage no less!
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The 1.0 version at that link didn't work for me. Error loading ROAD_MAIN or something.... but I already have the 0.9 version from the track pack torrent so gave that a go and it loaded fine. Excellent fun.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bump - Up to Build 240 now (last build I've tried is 134) so keen to give this another bash.

They've moved content from the forum to an Offical Downloads Page. The link in the OP to the forum has a redirect to this page.

I see new content on the list like Lime Rock, Silverstone, and the Corvette C6.R GTR :D
    Also looks as if they've implemented the core updater functionalility into the rFactor launcher now, so you don't have to go looking on the website for new builds (was always there but just was never an active/supported feature)
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    New build is looking pretty nice. A decent improvement all round I'd say

HDR now functions on my machine. Glare looks awesome, get glare off the dash too. Smoke looks awesome.
    Replay in general look better. UI looking better with wheel/pedal input mapping and traction circle.

With the right FFB settings it feels quite active through the suspesion and connected to the road.
    The look ahead function (to turn the view into apex's as you turn the wheel) is working quite nicely too.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]

Sebring in this thing is a blast. (pic above is Lime Rock though)
  14. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

I was having a go at the demo with the Corvette and Lime rock. I think the physics are pretty good for this title and could really feel when the tires were cold and starting to warm up and could also begin to notice more grip from the track after a good number of laps. Not the best looking sim coming up at the moment but if fells quite good and I didn't even play around with the FFB too much.

I jumped into iracing straight after with the Corvette at Philip Is and I definitely didn't feel as connected and took me heaps of laps the get back into the feel of it where as I felt right at home in Rfactor. Could be to do with my FFB being a bit lighter in iracing but yeah didn't feel quite as confident trying to attack a corner.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Up to build 342 now. Will have to try this out again soon. Maybe the weekend.
    I see there's a few new cars on the list http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/:
    • Marrusia Cosworth
    • Chev Comaro GT3
    • Historic GT cars - Howston HG4 and HG6
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    It's :):):):)house really..
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe yea to be honest I was only going to try it to justify the coin I already dropped on it.... I haven't worked up the enthusiasm to do it yet.
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    http://rfactor.net/web/2014/09/19/rfactor-2-build-860-now-available/

For those interested ISI have released rFactor 2 build 860, some major changes have been implemented to strengthen it's stability as build 859 was :poop: :whistling:. Build 860 Description & Changelog in link above :rolleyes:.
    I haven't looked at this since the beginning of the year, build 770 I think. Could be time to check it out again me thinks, just to see where it's at. Wish ISI went DX11, rF2 lacks that realistic appeal that pCars & AC offer, hopefully the immersion, physics and overall feel will compensate for the lack of high resolution images.
    Just have to wait and see at final release I guess :cautious: :unsure:

Cheers
  19. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Hey mate , have you had a play around with RF2 lately? I downloaded the demo the other night and it ran horribly at first. Only 20–25 FPS and then I played around with the settings and am now able to run it at 45–60 FPS. Graphics are medium (in general) and number of cars shown is lowest (6 I think).
    What's your opinion of it compared with AC?
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I haven't been near rF2 since the beginning of the year, probably won't look at it till it reaches it's final release and they send me my link to download it. I wasn't that impressed with it when I tried build 770, but it has improved since then no doubt, I'm enjoying AC too much to worry about rF2, and it's inferior DX9 graphics, I don't think it will do anywhere near as well as AC or Pcars TBH and the only reason it has a strong following is due to a large rF1 fanbase that believe it's the ducks nutz of sims, without even trying the competitions offerings, but hey each to their own I guess.

Cheers
    T_Vue likes this.