Turn Left Racing - season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by t_b_williams, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Really some great efforts here guys, even though PD is testing our patients and loyalty to the GRAN TURISMO series.

My pace wasn't good here so opted for the Hard compound. Qualied just behind Bobo again starting 8th.
    Had a run on Bobo into T1 and took position under brakes but he snuck back up the inside. That was about as interesting as it got for another 16 laps. I was managing my tyres well so clawed my way back to Beau and Fastboy and got past them both just before pit stops. Felt great until I entered the pits end lap 17, the car slammed back behind Bobo and crept agonizingly slow passed anyone who was pitting at the time. I think I lost 15 seconds in the pits in the end. This was a real shame as I was having a great ding-dong with Beau :(

Out of the pits and on a charge now against Pringles who passed me while I was serving my time, lap after lap, reeling him in. After catching him, a battle of nerves ensued and we traded best sector times. I couldn't quite make the move down the main straight stick, so I decided to wait for his tyres to go off. And around lap 29, I saw the signs. His tyres said 'no more left turning please' on lap 29 so leading representative of TLR came through into 6th.

Enjoying this series although I'm down on pace. Happy with 2nd in Div1b and fastest lap by a bees dick.
    See you guys at Spa, away through the week so with limited practice.
    The TLR engineers really need to pick up their game and the pit crew has to stop eating icecreams when I come in to get my tyres changed.:p

@Fastboysmith you have some weird glitch with your tyres. your times indicate you where on mediums for both stints.
    Maybe that is your issue?
    t_b_williams and REVO_Bryan like this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Could be but I don't have a set of mediums for any of my rx7's
  3. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    TLR Meet tonight dont forget
    LiamBevBeauKon likes this.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    In-laws arriving tonight, so I'll be driving a jeep to the airport. 2nd Thursday on a row, sorry.
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Eeexxcellent.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Hey @S_CLOSE , get the car into the spray booth.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  7. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Good luck for tonight guys. Apologies for not making it to a team session yet. My work schedule has sucked so far. I'm still going to have to miss at least one more race with night shifts as well.
    @pykeybraa145 sounds like you are setting some good times, hang in there your luck will change soon.
    Hopefully I can steal a few points for us tonight.
  8. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Hey guys should we be improving body rigidity
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    No, it will just introduce more understeer. You should restore rigidity every 1000 km or so, though.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  10. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Threw away 2nd place tonight. Too many mistakes, finished 4th. Still a decent result, but a podium was within reach.
  11. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I was fast tonight I threw away the lead and regained to 3rd but thought I could get my teammate on last lap
    I didn't end well cost the team 2nd and 3rd for a 4th and 6th. Not my night
  12. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Going to the GP on Sunday, should (fingers crossed) be back in time to race. :unsure:
    t_b_williams likes this.
  13. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Despite what Pykey said earlier, we are now actually 33 points behind. :( But we're still in second, and there's still a long way to go...
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yes 33 point behind but the spa re reu. Will recoup some of that.
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Looks like we got a good showing in Div 3, with Pykey finishing 3rd, 4th and me 1st, 6th. I'm still getting my head around the combined points system for sprints, though.
  16. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    we did well bryan
    freddyp_33 likes this.
  17. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Good stuff fellas. I came 2nd in the first race, just couldn't get past anywhere. The second race was a shocker, tried to be cautious at T1, shouldn't have bothered, copped a penalty trying to avoid contact from cars in front and only got worse from there. Had plenty of pac, just couldn't get by anyone clean enough. I brought it home in 7th or 8th.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  18. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Well done boys!
    Pulled out a 1.10.3xx in qualifying... still not sure how i managed it, but I was very pleased to start on the second row in 4th!
    I managed 4th/7th against the super aliens which is my best result of the season. :D
  19. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Q3, had an off in lap 1, 2nd last, caught up, passed a few, ran wide, all in all 7th pending a rerun. Definitely better for the run tho.
  20. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Why a rerun?