Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Opportunistic isn't the word, it's just weak car control, or see gap, go gap, no matter how far back you are, which in this case, was more than a car length.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I was having an awesome race up until lap 2, so sorry about that couldn't believe a light tap could cause so much carnage, then just tried to take my mind off things and just lap, until like lap 9 and i came up along side beau half zoned out and my blind spot indicator was going mental and i jumped right driving onto the grass, and spun back onto the track.

But long story short im pulling out of all events until i can get my :):):):) and head in order.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    do what's best for you. :)

...and watch out for @Clevohead 's cement
    Peter Wise, SuiCid3, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  4. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I am assuming you are talking about myself here... I was on the defensive from lagging on the start line...

lol weak car control? hmmm maybe sure was a little bit of a dive bomb, I also had someone else on the inside of me that pushed me into you... As far as I was concerned I gave you as much room as I could give as I had nothing myself and couldn't really do anything, and I'm pretty sure on the exit of turn 1 you were still in front of me so there was no need to re-address...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I'll look on my replay when im home, when lag is involved people will see different things on replay compared to others, such as last week with Rotor and Fastboy.
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Cheers guys, I realy had a great run last night, couldn't fault my driving and I pretty confident that I didnt exceed the track limits once.

Qualifying went well again, I didn't get my 1st lap right so had to rely on my 2nd. Starting from pole was the place to be and with a lag pause affecting rotor's start (must be a host thing), left me unchallenged into turn 1. On exit I could see that nicko had moved into 2nd and I was thinking to myself Go Nick Go.

End of Lap one I have a 1 sec lead. Over the next 5 laps I'm trying to manage the gap to Nicko and then mustafur soon after while still keeping some rubber in hand so I can make it to lap 12. I'm really happy with the way I'm driving and by Lap 7 I've just started to edge away from mus.

Before the stops my leads out to over 5 and I made it to lap 12, coming out of the pits my gap was now 4.7 to rotor at the 1st split. The car was much more oversteery on hards and I was just having a bit of trouble adjusting to the grip, the pressure was on though as rotor began to close fast. My lead was down to 2.2, but that was also a turning point and I put down a 2:15.7, giving me the extra bit of breathing room, from there on I was able to build the gap once more and finish 6 seconds ahead.

That's a shame. I'm assuming quite a few guys will be going so maybe we could skip next week thus allowing Div 3 to redo. I know I'll be glued to the couch watching the brilliant fox coverage all weekend, go Ricciardo!.

What do you think @stucar17 ?
    Alfa5252, R0T0R-AU86 and AUSnicko9 like this.
  7. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Hey guys, I am sad to inform I will be pulling out of ROOZ Sunday league and all events until the foreseeable future due to personal family reasons :unsure: I wish you guys all the best for the remainder of what looks like another hard fought season and hope to be back by next season :)

Cheers
    Matt
  8. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Damn i know that feeling :(
    Only just started reading the forums i really hope i'll able to soon race with use guys missing out on so much :(
  9. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    It's all good, next time just stall a bit mid apex so I regain the position. It definitely was a dive bomb now that I have clarification that I wasn't lagging, pressure from nicko is irrelevant, unless he hit you causing you to hit me, who knows.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Can we just, hit each other back on track, lot less :):):):):)ing going on after the event if we did ( aka Bond V TRL beau)
    Mister_Bond_747 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  12. Benjamin J Smith

You work very quickly
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Personally i think it was a racing incident, I think in your position it was unwise to go to the optimum line for T1 of lap 1 as you allow people to go on the inside, defence should of been main priority here.
  14. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    The ultimate thing is, he made contact, he even said himself it was a dive bomb, so there's nothing else to say.
  15. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I knew the position to you was lost from the start of course, however the dive was unintentional.. It was a defensive move to cover Nicko not a attacking to you. We both got our braking wrong and it was a bump from him and I had no where to go bumping into you.. Thing is if I stalled I would of lost the position to him also.. So what do I do... It was just a racing incident and you came out the worst of it all, and like I said you where still in front of me at the exit of the apex, so I let it go. Bloody T1 incidents!!
  16. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
  17. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    If I made any contact with you Rotor into turn 1 that was not my intention, on my screen there was no contact from my car with anyone else.
  18. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    It's all good mate, it's all a bit of post race banter! :)

On my screen there was a slight touch that pushed me a little wide and I touched Dan, but that's ok I returned the favor back to you a few laps later! :p (unintentional of course!)

The issue here with Dan is, he thinks that yourself and I did a dive bomb on him into the first corner.. If you actually look at the reply it kinda looks like we did.. However my aim was to defend the spot on you and not attack Dan... Like I said racing incident! :)
    AUSnicko9 likes this.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah I don't want to move the race to next week because the final race will have to be moved anyway as it is on Easter Sunday, and that getting a day off is going to be hard.
  20. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Cyber Rant V1.012
    Post Traumatic Race Disorder
    I do not claim to know a lot about Cyberspace, I do know that the older and fatter I get I am taking up more of it. I will try not to bore U all stupid, however I offer up these thoughts and observations and hope to generate some further discussion.
    I have now done a few online races with U guys and have nothing but praise for the organisers and participants. I am attempting to make some constructive criticism here and in no way wish to offend anyone.
    Sony Servers were dismal on Sunday night. I was particularly looking forward to Spa as I can not say round one or two were my favorite places to race. In div 6 we had a stable room with everyone in – until the host re-set the room. It would appear that this is standard practice – it would also appear that it causes serious stability problems within the room server. After several attempts to get it sorted @CPTNPEACH kindly set up an alternative room. That was the beginning of my undoing. After several attempts to get in – I finally did. Went to go on track - was told my car did not comply – it still let me on track and then dumped me – Black Screen – forced re-set – file check -the whole kit and boodles. It was not until later I remembered that I have never been able to get into a Ctn Peach room – such is life.
    Now as I said I am somewhat of a Techno phobic Luddite – to which I believe @DekGT5mad can agree. I am pretty certain that my system meltdown was not caused by a fault at my end but at Sony PD server. It requested sending fault info to Sony.
    This caused a great degree of Cyberstress. Which I believe may be caused by Server Stress, and leads to Racer Stress. I would appreciate any feedback from @NAACS and @DekGT5mad as they may be able to shed some more light on these issues.
    Are we as a group contributing to Server Stress???
    As per: GTLOZ Official Lounge Settings
    Race quality should be set to high and voice chat disabled.
    Is this causing issues – in my experience having Race Qual on high can cause issues, Would it not be a better idea to have it set to standard. Not all of us have the same quality net connection and the room needs to try and cater for that.
    In div 6 our rooms have also had voice chat on High – I am sure this uses bandwidth and affects room stability. It should be Off. If it is deemed necessary at least have it on Low.
    Trying to have 16 users in the room is maxing out the server capacity. It could possibly be a good idea to limit room size to 10 or 12 drivers and have more divisions.
    We are also dumping about 100 extra users onto the same track at the same time. It could well be worthwhile having the dif divs rotating through the track. By that I mean if div one starts at track 1, div 5 starts at track 5 etc. That way we would only have one or two divisions on each track at one time.
    I suffered terrible Post Traumatic Race Disorder and Driver Remorse as a result of Sunday night. I offer these ideas if they may help in any way. All comments good or bad encouraged.
    I have posted this in a few spots to try and get input.
    @stucar17 - Your thoughts mate.
    Cheers Cyberstig.