Division 4 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, it seems that you guys are rolling along nicely, but have indicated the following post will be going in each div thread....

not sure if anyone read my div 1 post, but we need to do better right across the board. (i will be posting this in the other threads as well) I am sure nobody comes into our rooms to ruin anyone's race, but guys, the desperate moves need to stop and redressing IS NOT HAPPENING ENOUGH. Ive said it 100 times, if you make contact and gain an advantage give the spot back, THE FLIP SIDE is if someone makes a clean pass give them room and continue the "race"....A good "racer" will concede when someone makes a pass, just as they will get out of an attempted pass if it wont come off cleanly. It has to work both ways.

To be perfectly blunt, i dont have the time or the patience to deal with this :):):):) every week.......FIX IT. My comments aren't directed at anyone in particular, as most of us have all been involved in something over the last few seasons, but for how far we have come as a community we NEED TO DO BETTER.......please....

We have sponsors, and word spreads fast....if we want to promote ourselves as the best race league in OZ we ALL need to start driving like it. I will be assessing the penalty system before next season because its pretty obvious things arent working the way we want at the moment....

Stu
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I think the way to make it clear is not just by 30sec penalties,etc,maybe round exclusion,championship points docking or even benching them for a week would really make it clear. From what i can gather,some of the DIV 1 boys need to pull their heads in,they're supposed to be the best in our league,but recently sounds more like the dirtiest in our league.
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    On the replay it shows that your incidents were all lag related. What you don't see that we do is your car jumping forwards and backwards,in clouds of smoke,inconsistently,if it was consistent it'd be easier to deal with. In race 2 your incident that put you back had you about 2 car lenghths ahead,and when they went to pass you,you jumped backwards to put them about a car length in front,making them think you'd yielded or they'd outbreaked you,so went to take their line and use the extra track width when you jumped forward again to right alongside,into them and then you bounced off wildly because of the extra lag momentum,which is pretty normal. It felt like you'd been pile drived,hey?
    In a way i'm glad that it happened as now you understand what has been happening to everybody else when racing close to you. During race 1 i could see the way first Turbo,then Stumbles,then Turbo again and then finally Ad2mny had troubles when they came up to pass you and got LP'd,i could see when checking the gap on my map. Inrace 1 your last corner debacle was caused by lag to,unbeknown to you,you hit Tank. Could you actually see everybody? If not we can fix that too. see ya at 7.30ish
    stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  4. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH

I now have NBN connection in a brand new home @DekGT5mad so im more then capable to host a room. As to when i raced with you and was stuck by my crappy adsl2+ connection in my old home. Ive set my settings as you have posted in the forums and haven't had any issues besides cyberstig, unfortunately i don't know what else i can do!
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  5. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Apologies then,i didn't know your net had changed. If that was @Cyberstig_1 that had issues,unfortunately that was probably him as he is on MBB due to living in the Stix,i've conversed with him and he has done a fair bit in the way of aerials etc,but it may cause issues still.
  6. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    A good way to avoid this alot of the time is that if you realise you've bitten off more than you have room or brakes for,release the brake completely and you will ghost through 9x out of 10,just don't take advantage of it. Breathe out of the throttle,let them move then go again. This may only work with visible damage "off",which creates less issues anyway
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    or just pause and it will ghost 100% of the time
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    If you can get there quick enough! lol
  9. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Have had to do the dive for the pause button once or twice!! ;)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  10. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    What do you do? Have a wheel button specially configured?lol
  11. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    HAHAHA!! Nah not quite, just the button on the seperate gear shift. I usually end up hitting the change view button at the same time, so i'll be all over the place.
    Hopefull not required often enough to assign a wheel button to it!!!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @emmo46 SPL placed 11th and stumbles 12th.
    Race 1
    SPL 13th (dsc), stumbles 10th
    Race 2
    SPL 5th, stumbles 12th

SPL scored 3 & 11/2=5.5 total-8.5
    sumbles scored 6 & 4/2=2 total 8
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Hat, I had that on my working out sheet but somehow got them wrong transposing them to the spreadsheet.:thumbsdown: :oops:
  15. fubbles888

fubbles888 Guest

Why do I have eight points after the last round? I placed 7th and 11th
  16. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Fubbles, that would reflect your overall finishing position for the 2 races.

The sprint round works like this:
    1st race you score normal points given your position (so 7th would have got you 9 points).
    2nd race - reverse grid - you get half points for this race, due to the reverse grid format, so 11th would get you 2.5 points.

These points are then added together (so 9+2.5=11.5) and this score is then what determines your overall finishing position for the round.

So the 11.5 points you got was good for 8th position overall which is your 8 points scored for the round.

:D
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
  18. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Hey guys,i'll be open about 6.30 to 7.00pm AEDST,if not earlier,see ya's all tonight,REMEMBER,do your oil changes etc BEFORE you enter the room,coming in & out like a yo-yo is not acceptable,and if you do have to leave or get dsc'd,ALWAYS CLEAR YOUR CACHE,don't rush straight back in,NO MATTER WHAT!! Why? So you don't bring corrupt data back to the lobby from your dsc,causing more issues for everyone,needing a fresh room,which,for example, @fubbles888 can't really afford timewise,or he may have parents shutting him down cause it's too late.(Heard his dad thru his mic,he doesn't f*** around,turn it off means right then,not the end of the race,lol),& i think the dsc rule can't stretch that far,lol. If it happens when resetting for Qually,we always wait for the person before starting the race.You may start from the back,(aka @SPL_racing from rear in race 2 in the last round),but it's better than not at all,that's why we don't use the "qually" feature,it eliminates anyone dsc'd during qually. If you've already had problems earlier that night,take the time to do a FULL reset,router and ps3,then reload game,clear cache,etc. As i said,we will wait,and you also will have a much better chance of staying connected for the race.
    I'm not saying this to be "A Big Lobby Boss",i do so because i like smooth weeks like last week,don't you guys too??
    If @fubbles888 lag is fixed with the media server connectivity disabled,then we could have a perfect race this week. I am going to have the mics on so i can talk to get ppl off track for start,etc,but NO_ONE,including me may use them during the race. If you get dsc'd from the race,DON'T come back & start chatting and texting,preferably,if you get dsc'd from the race,as it is not a sprint round,it's better to wait for the race to finish so as not to cause more issues. Think about it,how many times have you seen someone get dsc'd as someone else is trying to join? I know it would be an answer of "heaps"
    Lastly,those that do have issues occasionally should come in after most of us. E.G. Last week I hosted,Gary,2nd in,Stumbles 3rd in,& another "known stable connection" in 4th. If we can have those with the strongest connections in first,down to @fubbles888 last in,we should be really stable for everybody. The reason for @fubbles88 coming in last,or close to is that it is known his port forwarding is not done because he has the Telstra Technicolor Gateway Modem/router and it & the DMZ don't work on them anyway,he's stable apart from the lag,so better to just leave it alone,but as he goes up the chain towards the host,more people can't see him or each other.He's in the process of getting a new router, See ya's all tonight for Sushi,lol
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    SPL Racing likes this.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Just hoping to keep it mostly on the black stuff tonight, my poor results from the sprints have put a taint on my championship position I wont soon recover from. A consistent run with no major hiccups is just what I need. But If a win comes along, I wont be too disappointed ;);)
  20. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You won't be winning tonight mate,i'm practiced up and strategy sorted,lol;):laugh::ninja::sneaky: