Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats nicko on just a superb performance last night.

A bit of a mix of emotions last night, some personal frustration with my performance and a great deal of enjoyment from what was a cracking race.

The night started of well as I layed down a 55 flat for qualifying, I was unsure if the time would stand and that proved to be the case as nicko expertly just lowered it to a 54.9. As the lights went out I slotted into 2nd behind nicko and was happy to just sit back at this early stage. Quickly however I wasn't happy with the way I was driving by missing apexes here and there and then almost going into the astro turf at turn 1 on lap 3. Next lap I did find It and I lost the rear immediately, luckily I didn't take anyone out and somehow managed to keep it pointing in the right direction to only lose 7 seconds.

Now in 7th place, I still gave myself a chance for the win, but I was still making small little errors and almost had another spin. It wasn't till about lap 7 that I was finally making some progress and began to catch up to Beau and the 4 car train led by Mustafur. The 1st car I passed was Mint when he spun coming ouf of the spoon curve and I was think to my self, noooo Mint, as you were right in the middle of a fantastic race. Next up was Beau, and I got him around the outside of the hairpin. Alfa was next as he looked to be struggling with tyres. Nearing the stop, I was right behind Rotor and he wasn't making it easy so I had to stay behind as all 5 of us pitted on lap 11.

The congestion at stop wasn't to bad and I came out effective 4th as Pringles hadn't made he stop yet and 9 seconds down on nicko. On cold hard tyres the car was very very loose, and that caught me out at the last s curve, An expletive was let out and I lost 9 more seconds. From here on I liked the hards much more and started out punching out consistant lap times, and was quickly behind Beau once again but this time he made it much easier. My pace was excellent on the hards and by the finish I gained all the time back from my 2nd spin.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Sounds like me warrior i swear all the time while racing/driving
  3. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    hey guys i know i seem to talk about my horrible internet all the time but where i live telstra wont give me adls+2 because they say it's not possible :(
    i won't be doing any leagues no more at this point i won't be doing next season or anything unless i caqn find a way for better internet but telstra isn't going to help me for better internet im very disappointed i'll join you practice rooms all the time tho i enjoy chatting with use guys use are the most funniest guys i seem to talk to and very fast anyway enjoy
    sorry for being off topic here
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Not aurprised they wont upgrade you to adsl+2 with the NBN rollout they wont spend anything on there current systems for it to be ripped out in 2-5 years time
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It's a shame because NBN is total :):):):) and I wish I could go back to ADSL 2+.

At no stage of me having it has my internet speed equaled what I had.
  6. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    To me it;s bs and i very angry that all i can seem to put effort in is time trials :(
    my internet downspeed has gone down to 8,50mbps to 1.80 and my pings just jumps all over the place
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Believe it or not that's still faster then my internet... Unless I'm reading it wrong...

*...which I have.
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

just out of interest, everyone do a speedtest? heres mine:
    [​IMG]
  9. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    That's download speed crazy ping on 10 amazing can i come stay at ur house for awhile ill just need your internet lol
    your reading it wrong if you think yours worst than mine you wouldn't able to even join a lobby lol
    zampli likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]
  11. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I suck lol
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I recall at @stucar17's house picking up the rims for my Impreza, and he did a speedtest which didn't even crack 0.10 for either upload or download!
    [​IMG]
  13. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    22.9 s download and just unde 5 for upload, ping around 5
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep, "fixed" now so last test i was 1.32 download, .66 upload and ping 35

NBN coming in the next few months, for some it creates more issues than it solves....:confused:
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    At work... ping not so good.. funny how its better going to Sydney. Im physically in Sydney but connect through Melb.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At home:
    [​IMG]
  17. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I'm going to be stuck on this crap for a while. NBN is at least 3 years away.
    [​IMG]
  18. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Round 6 Drivers Briefing.
    1. Be mindful of track limits.
    2. If you run wide and exceed the track limits, you then cannot attempt an overtake at the next corner.
    3. Overtaking. When attempting an inside pass on one of fuji's long radius corners, you cannot complete the pass if you understeer and contact is made.

Also, with the F1 and cricket on tomorrow, does anyone want to extend the race start time by 30min/1hr ?
    Ad2mny and Beau_Albert like this.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The F1 starts at 8 no way you can schedule around it.
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    6pm I'm pretty sure?