Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yes, Race is on 2 hours earier than qualifying. A dry race should finish at 7:40, but could so easily rain.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yeah its 8PM NZ so 6PM AEST.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    actually your right, i thought the races are at the same time as qualifying.
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Happy to wait a little for the big events to finish on TV. So annoyed at Ch 10 right now. Cricket it is.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Im happily waiting for the GP, not minding Sebastian's position at the moment :D
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Blame Rupert Murdoch, not ten lol
  7. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Hey guys, I have only just finished work now and am happy to wait a while before we do the race. Have we decided on a later start time as yet?
    If the majority are keen to start at the usual time though that's fine too. :)
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Not sure what time the F1 coverage finishes, but I'm guessing after then. @warrior2167 @R0T0R-AU86 I'm happy to wait until the end of F1 (whenever that is) what say the other captains?
  9. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks fellas, that was a good one with a lot of real close battles throughout the field, and with just 8 thousandths separating 10th.

1st leg the race on softs was fantastic close racing with nicko and rotor, where all now on 2 wins a piece so who's gonna take it out at the final round?

Pole: warrior2167 1:34.198
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Well that was an epic night of racing!
    Qualifying went to plan and managed to pull out a 34:8 which was good enough for P5 on the grid :cool:
    The start went to plan and was able to position myself in what I thought was a great spot for Turn1, however Mister Bond was in the better spot and managed to just about get the spot, and pushed me a touch wide, allowing Razor through as well. For the next few laps it was really a huge slipstream group between myself, bond, Mustafur and Razor as we were all clawing our way over eachother, which did end in a few dints and scrapes, but nothing too major :) :rolleyes:
    Sadly all this ding dong battling had destroyed my front left tyre which is critical here at Fuji, so I had to abort my Lap 14 plan and come in at the end of Lap 13. But, when I saw the game recommeneded me to fill the entire tank up, I was worried I may have been short to the flag.... :mad:
    I came out of the pits and just about managed to slot the #6 car in front of Jono and from there I was pushing hard to close on Alfa on the same strategy as me who was just 3 seconds up the road. However when Bond eventually pitted, it turned out to be a lot tighter than I was anticipating and I didn't pass him until the braking zone for Turn 1, but I was able to slot ahead. I knew if I could beat Bond today, it would put me in a near unchallengeable status for the D1B Title, but I was short on fuel, and with older tyres. Also from what I saw in practise before qualifying, Bond had a pace advantage too. I knew these next laps, were going to be all kinds of struggle!! :unsure:
    Lap after lap I pushed while protecting the Front Left tyre, yet every lap I set, that Blue TLR car would always nip a tenth or two out of me, and with 15 odd laps to go, Bond introduced himself to my slipstream and from there, it was a fight to the flag! We were both pushing the limits every lap, and we were both making silly little errors, costing us both time to Pringles who was now on the softer compound and closing fast. :alien:
    Bond eventually made a small mistake at Turn 2 and I gapped him by about a second, and with Alfa just tenths up the road, I put in one max attack lap to slipstream alfa into turn 1. He broke 10m early, I broke about 10m late, and in the braking zone he squeezed me all the way to the apex, yet I managed to get the car slowed to perfection and got the job done! :thumbsup:
    Now max push to pull away from Bond, yet Bond refused to throw in the towel and got past Alfa on the next lap and with just 3 laps to go, he found himself attacking me once more! On the penultimate lap I missed my braking marker into Turn 4 and broke far to early, giving bond a chance, yet he ran ever so wide in my dirty air and I was able to get a 2 second gap to him Last lap I pushed as hard as my tyres would allow and crossed the line, just a second in front of Bond :eek:
    Sorry for quite the long race report, but im quite happy with tonight :) Going to be sad to see this season go! See you all on the grid, one last time in these amazing cars :D
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    My race was a bit of a let down compared to what I feel my strategy was capable of.

Qualifying went terrible, as I tried to do a lap on low fuel and run slow to keep my tyres good, but simply driving straight does wear and I did too much to set my best time and got a 1:35 flat which had me P7 and way back on the leaders.

I wasn't too fussed though as my plan was to save tge tyres as much as possible in the first 5 or so laps then go all out, problem was I was stuck in a Div1B battle whilst I was trying to do this and it cost me huge time trying to negate passing moves and getting involved in incidents I couldn't avoid.

By around lap 5 I managed to get some clear space though and I started to go flat out, I was slowly reeling in the leaders but I knew by this stage it would be a tough task catching as the gap just grew too large from the first few laps, and I wasn't able to save my tyres as well as I Could in practice due to it, I was planning a 16 lap stint but only managed 15 and when bond pitted ahead of me I got a taste of GT6s pit nonsense as simply having another car in the pits slows your stop by around 3 seconds.

So after pitting my gap from the leaders went from 7 to 10 seconds. Nicko and Rotor where a couple of seconds ahead of each other and me so I had alot of work to do on the second stint with the hards.

I managed to catch and pass nicko around 10laps later as the hard tyre didn't really start wearing till the final 8 or so laps, I caught up as much as I could on Rotor but I missed out by 4 tenths as I just couldn't reel him in fast enough.

Good job by warrior who did really well to lead by such a margin and I was only able to catch a second on him for the entire 2nd stint despite me being on newer tyres, and Rotor for managing to hold 2nd with much older tyres.

Also well done Beau on your Div1B victory.
  12. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Another awesome race last night guys.
    From my practice sessions early in the week it was clear that I didn't really have much pace at this track, so I knew that the racing was going to be tough. Qualifying I pulled a 1'34.5, good enough for P2. Just as a side, congrats again to warrior on his superb 1'34.198 pole lap!
    As the lights went out I slotted in behind warrior into turn 1. I wasn't really keen on making any moves on him in the earlier stages of the race, as I knew that with any battling Rotor in 3rd would be there to pounce. A few laps later when warrior was defending the inside line down the straight he made a small braking error into turn 1 and ran wide, allowing Rotor and I through. Soon after rotor was in my slipstream and the battle began, with warrior closing in on us again. Rotor made an excellent exchange on me through turns 1-2-3 to pass me on the outside on the entry in turn 3, well done on that one mate. :thumbsup:
    Soon after warrior made the move and I was now in 3rd, at this point my poor pace really began to show. Lap 13 I pitted for the hards. Once all the hard stint drivers had made their pit stops I was now back in P3, with mustafur in 4th who I knew was very quick on the hards, so I had to focus on keeping my laps clean. And just as I predicted he was very fast, reeling me in with around 8 laps to go.
    Looking forward to the enduro round, that one will definitely be a challenge! Cheers guys.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Races like that make wish Tilke didn't wave his magic wand of :):):):) and tarnish one of my favourite classic race tracks. My feelings of the modern Fuji are very loud and very obnoxious, and it would take me a lot to convince me otherwise.

Anyway, I thought since I had awful pace at this circuit (nearly 2 seconds slower than D1A is downright pathetic), I'd try the hards first, since I was likely going to qualify last anyway. At the start I managed to pass Pringles, the only other hard runner. I managed to keep him behind for a few laps, but once he passed me he romped away. Once I came in on lap 19, it was clearly evident I was only going to pass TB on my softs. Not just that, the reccommended fuel was far more than what was needed so I lost several seconds in the pits.

I should have passed him much earlier, had it not been for a few silly spins. Once I did, I became over complacent, and whilst Fuji is an utterly awful race track, it is a great one for drifting. On the final lap, to circumvent my extreme levels of boredom, I was having a little fun with TB by teasing him by braking gingerly into the corners. But as I entered the final few corners, I wasn't anticipating the extreme lack of grip, and so I ran wide at the final corner and TB just got me in the draft, what an embarrassment. Well done Warrior on the crushing victory, and to Beau on the Div 1B title, you're up with the big boys now! I was hoping that was the finale but no, we still have an enduro left, hopefully GVS throws up a few surprises and we all can enjoy it.

Cheers, Jono
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So as it stands with drop round, only @warrior2167 or @R0T0R-AU86 can win div 1a.
    If rotor wins, warrior must come second with FL to draw which he wins on countback due to having 1 more 2nd place finish.

and for div 1b... @Beau_Albert has already sealed the championship! Well done!
    Mister_Bond_747 and Beau_Albert like this.
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Woo Hoo!! Sigh of relief my burnouts after Fuji weren't premature :p Thanks for an epic season D1B, especially well done to Bond and Pringles! Every race it could of been one of us and it made for great fun and and great racing :) Cheers guys, lets go out with a bang at the Valley!!
    [​IMG]
  16. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    EPIC... only way to describe it.
    Qualy: Not good. Binned it in the penultimate corner and ruined my run for the second hot lap. Scraped together 1.34.9 which was disappointing to slot in on the 3rd row with my arch nemesis. :p

This is where it all got interestingo_O:
    Noticed Mustafur was behind me so I assumed he was on the hards. However, he got a ripper start and was heading up the inside into t1. So we went 3 wide into t1, Must nudging me and I returned the favor to Beau who was on the outside, and somehow I ended up popping out in front. After a 5 car dog fight with alfa, must, bobo and razor, I braked too deep at Dunlop Corner and hit @Mustafur, very sorry about that mate. So waited for him to pass and ended up back in 7th behind Beau.

After 13 laps I was within 1 second of Beau and reeling him in fast. I had managed my tyres well and stayed out 2 laps while Beau went in for fresh rubber. Time to make a move... I should only have gone one more lap round as 15th lap my tyres were shot and the gain on lap 14 was lost and I exited pits neck and neck with BOBO :cautious:. My tyres were 2 laps fresher than Beau's, and I had the pace, so I thought I had this one in the bag.

The final 17 laps of this race proved to almost rival my battle with Mint at Apricot Hill in Season 3 in the MX5!
    Although I made one too many mistakes, the battle to the death was worth every second.

Well done Bobo, you totally deserved to win the championship, especially with the pace you had at Suzuka!:thumbsup:
    And good luck in DIV 1A mate:D
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Actually Rotor would win on count back in that scenario as he'd have 3 wins to warrior's 2 if he won.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Of course, silly that I missed that.
    Well there you go, @warrior2167 , you have to win to win!
  19. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Just like the previous 5 rounds, it was another fantastic race in Div 1. I wasn't happy with my first quaifying lap, so I had to get it done on my 2nd, and managed to pull out a 34.198.

Race started well, I wanted to keep the lead early, which would mean I would have use the tyres harder to stay there, a tricky balance as I also wanted to stretch my stint to lap 14. My plan was to take the 1st and 2nd sector nice and easy and then push really hard in sector 3 so I could brake the draft, but nicko was hanging in there and I had to cover the inside into turn 1.

Lap 3 however, I went so far right, that I missed my braking marker on the left and went straight off track, both nicko and rotor went by and I was now 1.5 off the lead. I didn't panic and just paced myself to them over the next 6 laps.

Lap 9, and rotor was now pressuring nicko, slowing each other down and allowing me to catch up. Some fantastic nose to tail racing followed which was just superb, and on lap 12 we were 3 wide going into turn 1. On the inside nicko outbraked himself slightly and took away rotor's line, which allowed me to move back into 1st.

My tyres at this stage looked to be in better shape than nicko's and rotor's, so it was time to go and use up whatever was left. I was able to build the gap and only just make it to lap 14, with my front right wearing to 2 at the last corner. I came out still ahead of rotor who was 2 seconds behind and just behind tbwilliams, a nice little battle followed and I was able to get the pass done into turn 1 on the next lap.

16 laps to go and with a lap fresher tyres I had a comfortable gap, but still had to keep focused and avoid any mistakes this time. The laps were winding down and I noticed mustafur was making good progress, with the championship so close I was cheering him on, but he only just missed out on the 2nd place. I desperately needed that result, and the championship will now go to the final race.

Yep, pressure is on. @R0T0R-AU86 I'm sure it will be a close one, may the best man win.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I would forgo the last race in D5 to be a spectator in one of these races .... watched the last few laps of mint ROC win and thoroughly enjoyed that...maybe one day a live stream of a title race could take place or a download to Youtube but I know that is a pipe dream
    warrior2167 and AOCleaner74 like this.