AC [COMPLETED] Assetto Corsa Hot Lap Challenge 3

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [​IMG]
    Green Heeell, Green Hell...Greeeen Hell, Green Hell!! Greeeeeen Heeeellll, Green Hell, Green Heeeeeeellll!!!!

Settings are as follows (obviously there is an honesty system with this, but most assists only help you go slower):
    Go to Challenges -> Hotlap
    TCS and ABS - Factory (unless otherwise stated).
    Stability Control - Off.
    Mechanical Damage, Tyre Blankets, Fuel Consumption, Tyre Wear - Off.
    Slipstream - 1x.
    Time of Day - 10am.
    Temp - 26 Deg.
    Time Multiplier - 1x.
    Track Surface - Optimum.
    Penalties - ON (MUST BE ON!!)

CAR and TRACK:

Car - Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 EVO II
    Track - Ahh Deerr!?!?!?

TIMES:
    Koastr 7:19.566
    Rotor 7:23.405
    Serge 7:48.150
    Anon666 7:39.198
    AJ.Scott, Fargonz and KoAStR like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Love this combo :inlove:
    [​IMG]
    Gave the Alfa 155 a spanking around here today too. Also awesome fun.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    So far off your pace Koaster, but this has always been my hell lol
    Still... Man, it's been ages since I've used clutch and shifter, was amazing!!!. Granted my heel and toe is non existent, but will be a matter of time. Only manage a 7:57 of pure joy, plenty of time to make, but the G27 shifter is pretty average, kept missing gears and staying in neutral. More of this pleeeeease. Love it!!!!!!
    WAC and AJ.Scott like this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @S_CLOSE Does the G27 have sequential shift? I found my G25 was heaps more rewarding when I used Sequential and clutch, much like a V8SC, the Logitech H shift is a bit dodgy.
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    No sequential unfortunately (although I've seen a mod for it) and it's toy built grade, not good enough for racing, but at least got me into the lost habit of using all pedals, was like riding a bicycle (made out of bamboo).
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    At least you haven't lost touch with your feet mate, lol.
    No birthdays coming up that could be manipulated into an aftermarket shifter birthday pressy by chance?
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Mmmmmm, my PS3 thinking made me forgot that PC probably allows other components to be integrated to my G27... That means I could get a sequential shifter from another manufacturer???? :x3:
    Cyber_STIG_77 and AJ.Scott like this.
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @S_CLOSE it does and very affordable @ 32 euro :thumbsup:. Fanatec make a good Sequential/H pattern combo shifter which is pretty smooth, I have one and its great in both modes of shift, or there's the Thrustmaster one, can't recall its name. I think there competitive price wise, the Fanatec CSS-SQ is $249AU, but it's all metal N alloys and is solidly built, and plugs direct into the PC via USB. Derek Speare Design do some nice Sequential shifters, but can get expensive, check em out here -> http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/index.html
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  10. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    joshmuggo and AJ.Scott like this.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I've heard the feel of the thrustmaster one is very good. I think it has an interchangeable plate to swap between H-pattern and sequential. Trouble is in AC that you can't assign more than one button to sequential, so if you want to use paddles for cars that have 'em you need to anticipate this and load the appropriate controller setup first..... I haven't bothered and just use paddles for all sequential.

Also as there's no separate config in the game for H-Pattern vs Sequential, when using the G25 AC doesn't differentiate between the 'buttons' assigned to 3rd/4th gear when H-Pattern mode is enabled, and the stick shift 'buttons' for up/down gear in sequential mode.

This was one thing iRacing did really nicely actually. The game dictated whether the vehicle control was H-pattern or sequential and loaded a controller config accordingly, then you could assign vehicle specific configs for those you wanted to use paddles in or vice versa with stick sequential.
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, thought about it but couldn't get away with it just now. This should keep me entertained for the moment, really want to get into braking + shifting + heel + toe + not crashing + not coming last natural habit lol
    Besides, the H pattern of the G27 is pretty average and don't think it will get used much.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol I hear where you are coming from. It really is a joy getting it all together smoothly. The G25/27 shifter really does feel like a toy but I am used to it and don't have any issues so long as my contacts aren't playing up.... touch wood, the bomb it with contact cleaner fix seems to be holding out.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I better get some contact cleaner, the clutch is releasing to a 96%, which usually does not give me trouble, until it does. Do I need to take apart the potentiometers, or can I just blow them as they are?
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Dunno mate, give it a try as they are first I suppose.
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I found PBR brake cleaner is great for dirty pots, it evaporates completely and leaves no residue or oily film, just make sure if you use it that you do it outdoors as you need to spray heaps into the pot to rinse the muck out, but it works a treat. If by chance the pots keep failing then I would suggest replacing them mate.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    if you need to update the new fanatec shifter has sequential and H pattern at the flick of a switch. The build quality is second to none and makes the thrustmaster :):):):)er look like a toy. You can even adjust the throw weight of the fanatec, highly recommended.
    KoAStR likes this.
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Only did a quick lap with the stock settings and used a gated shifter...man, that's a head spin when you are used to paddles!?!? I reckon I've got a bit more time there, but not 14 seconds, that's insane K??
    [​IMG]
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Don't suppose you have a killer setup you could share Koastr??
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Anon666 likes this.