PCARS GT3 Challenge (Class B)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 29, 2015.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the first ever Project Cars Event on ROOZ, the GT3 Challenge. A short championship to get the ball rolling, but will hopefully be trouble free and everything we have all been hoping for.

Firstly I'll get the important stuff out of the way.

Rules and Regulations.
    Most of the rules applying to the Sunday leagues on GT6 can be adapted and adopted here in Project Cars. Here are some links for the new guys to have a look at and regulars to get them fresh in their minds:

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/

Just to be certain that there is no misunderstanding, I will outline a few of the most IMPORTANT rules to ensure everyone has an enjoyable race.

1. If you cause a driver to spin/leave the track, you must redress immediately by waiting for the driver to recover and rejoin ahead of you. Do not jam on your brakes and stop in the middle of the circuit, you must wait in a safe positon out of traffic so as not to cause another incident. If the incident is not redressed straight away, a post race time penalty will be applied, starting at 30 seconds but can be raised at the room captain's discretion. This leads us nicely onto...

2. Protests. If you feel you have been wronged by another driver, or that they are not driving properly within the track boundaries, do not explode in a tyrade of profanities over the mic. Nor should you go looking for revenge. At the end of the event, ensure you save your replay and send a private message (PM) to the room host/captain. Do not accuse/abuse the offending driver in the forum threads. Rest assured that the matter will be dealt with in the fairest possible by the captains/host/moderators. A proceedure is in place for these matters so there is no point making matters worse by creating 'drama' in the forum.

3. The track limits are in most cases fairly well marked. The general rule is 2 wheels must be inside the white line on the track edge/on the ripple strips. Any advantage gained from exceeding these limits must be nullified or post race penalties will be applied. The in game penalty system so far has only been tested to a small extent, and by the looks of it it is a 3 strike system over the entirety of the event. Any more than 3 track cutting incidents - be they in practice, qualifying or the race - may result in a drive through, a heavy time penalty or DSQ. As you may have read, there seems to be some glitches with the in game system, so your best bet would be to just avoid cutting the track as much as possible to avoid any penalties.

4. Mic ettiquette. Abusive language, racism, bullying, threats or just generally causing a nuisance over the mics will not be tolerated and will result in heavy penalties ranging from - at the low end, DSQ from 1 or more events/banning mic use in ROOZ events to - at the most extreme end, banning from all ROOZ related events/the ROOZ forum and reported to PSN. Everyone likes a good laugh over the mics and it's in a guys nature to have a friendly dig at his mates. There is a very fine line between that and cyber bullying and depending on the extent of the offense, you may receive no warning before a penalty is put into effect.

Also regarding mics, during qualification and racing, voice chat should be kept to the bare minimum, and if possible, the mic turned off. It can be very distracting to the other drivers if someone is groaning or sighing or has other loud noises coming through their mic. Finally please refrain from turning your mic back on until all drivers have finished and the final results screen is displayed.

We have come here (ROOZ) looking for a place for clean, fair and competitive racing. If we liked being rammed off the circuit, the open lobbies will more often than not cater to that desire. However, for the system to work, you must drive how you expect others to drive. Keep it clean and fair guys.

So now onto the good stuff

ROOM HOST: OnTheApex6Albert
    ROOM CAPTAIN: garyw61?

Ensure you have both the Host and Backup host on your friends list or they will not be able to invite you into the private lobby.

Tracks:
    Nurburgring GP - 16 laps (29-05)
    Donington GP - 22 laps (05-06)
    Monza GP - 18 laps (12-06)
    Bathurst - 15 laps (19-06)
    Spa-Francochamps - 30 laps (enduro Day/Night transition) (26-06)

DRIVERS:

leeboy910 Aston Martin POINT #91
    RedeemerX2 Z4 ROSSO+BIANCO #24
    thebigRAGOO_1 R8 RACE-IT SIMULATORS #27
    d83wells Z4 PRO NINE #
    Viperzed R8 MESTRON #18
    OnTheApex6Albert Mclaren HEXIS #1
    garyw61 M3 JANCON MOBILE #
    kaynegreenwood Aston Martin ADRENALINE #108
    bencrow- Z4 BMW #20
    cowdoesfly SLS CETILCOM NETWORK #74

(Please note: having almost full lobbies, if we get an influx of new members during the championship, I the organiser reserve the right to shuffle drivers around and possibly create a third class to accomodate everyone. We will do our best to keep the championship positions if this were to occur.)

Any questions shoot them at me. Hatfield has kindly agreed to handle the championship tables which will most likely be kept updated here in the OP.

Good Luck everyone!!
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    LIKE LIKE LIKE phew. Add your drivers to your friends list ASAP!
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The race is quickly approaching. Please ensure you all have your lobby host on your friends list.

Good Luck!!
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Lol just have, everyone i am OnTheApex6Albert so please accept friend requests asap! :)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    @Ad2mny so do i begin Practise session at 7:30, which would mean Qualifying at 7:45? Or Quali start at 8?
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I've added you to the Room hosts convo. Room will open at 8pm est
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    All drivers please ensure you have read the Rules and Regulations in the OP.
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Lobby up early, but practise still 20mins away. Everyones having a group discussion so feel free to join and have a chat pre-race! :) OnTheApex6Albert is the host!
  11. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Thanks for the late notice lucky someone in game let us know. What's with the shuffle anyway considering class a is not even full?
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    My Twitch is playing up and i won't have time to fix before race start, will fix for next race
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Where is everyone? Missing 4 people :( Ive sent you all requests....
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Noo!!!!! Huge error by me and i was so used to the Sunday League rules, i thought there was a compulsory stop.....
    Fantastic scrap with Redeemer for the lead for the first 8 laps until i pitted..... shame it ended early as we were both beginning to let mistakes slip in which meant many passes.
    Next race im hoping to actually finish with the rulebook now understood! Haha, still a few laps left, but well done to the soon to be crowned winner!
    I'm just gonna chill at the pitlane exit at what could of been :thumbsdown:
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    there isn't a compulsory stop on sundays this season...
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I know but since i joined in S2 there has been a compulsory. First season without it for me, and only done 1 race without that rule and i still pitted! :p
  17. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Probably useless making me room captain Ads, as I will be MIA for the next 3 rounds.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Cheers gary
  19. RedeemerX2

RedeemerX2 New Recruit

PSN ID
    RedeemerX2
    Is the race still on tonight lads? Hearing it might be postponed
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah postponed but there is a lobby or two still opening for random goodness.
    Beau_Albert likes this.