PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    The party chat option is good, but I also think chatting should be allowed as long as it's to do with the current race and is kept to minimal e.g. coming up the side of another driver and letting them know you're there or when letting others know to pass you for whatever reason etc. What I would consider annoying would be if someone was playing in an environment with high background noise, in those cases yes please turn off your headset ;) Otherwise keeping it fully silent felt a little strange when I first had my race with you guys 2 weeks ago :p

Besides, if this is the norm for our current "trial" championship, I can't begin to imagine how serious the "proper" ones will be? lol Plus real drivers in the real world do communicate via the radio (unless you're Hamilton) ;) so it's not always silent.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I tried to quote all the posts regarding mics but I couldn't so I'm not just singling you out @fezza. We are operating under the official guidelines of ROOZ League events. The use of mics during the qualifying and race is prohibited. The in game chat is, let's face it, abrasive and very poor quality, and prone to loud noises for seemingly no reason. Also with the DS4's speaker being picked up by the mic, it is very distracting. The private chat is much better, but the point remains that they should not be active during the event. Also if you are in private chat, you will not hear any announcements by the lobby host/room captain, who are the only people allowed to make in race announcements if absolutely necessary (restarts etc). By all means start a private chat if you feel the need but like I said be aware you may miss important information.
    fezza, Giant slayer and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    looking forward to it chaps,
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
    Can I change my car to the Aston Martin Fuente2 #46
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep

No more changes though Ben.
    bencrow- likes this.
  6. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I do it all the time Gooie ..
    thebigRAGOO_14 likes this.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    EVERYBODY:
    There is a PS4 update for Project Cars that came out just tonight, 500mb in size. Just a heads up.
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Just under an hour to go guys. Good luck and we will make sure we have decent size lobby's this time round. Scouts honour!
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Mine says half hour to download. Get on it guys!

Cheers Beau!
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  10. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Thanks Apex6 , friend's request sent .
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  11. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Mines on 20 minutes
  12. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    You rock man
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  13. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    At least I agree with my bold statements
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Hey Ad. I suggest delaying the race start for a bit because of a bit of late notice on the update not everyone is gonna have it done by 8
  15. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    can we add 10 minutes? We don't know how the update will affect us, specially with wheels
  16. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

WTF!!! Running 2nd and then crashed into a invisable wall, my car jumps into the air, all my tyres turn blue, and I have no more force feedback on my wheel. :):):):)n game is glitchy as. The sound went all crazy too.
  17. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Yeah my sound glitched and on second lap tyres went blue and back end come around, straight into the gravel
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Great race, had a few mini battles, sorry @TDZdave for the second battle we had, got a little bit controller happy and nearly took you out, felt i had to give the place up :thumbsdown: Sadly though, for the 2nd race in a row i was robbed of a top 3....... disconnecting on the last lap...... beginning to think twice about this series. Game isn't quite ready for a competitive league yet :oops:
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  19. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My fastest lap was 1:27.044
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well what a calamity that was. How unfortunate that an update sprung up just before event start. Apologies to those that tried to join/could not join/DSC'd etc. It seems the network may have had some issues with all the people disconnecting etc. Looked like we weren't even gonna be able to open a room at one point.

I was stuck on nose-grinder view (bumper) which I really don't like, and my race suffered badly for it from not being able to see the track properly. Plus for some reason it got dark? If time progression is on real, it shouldn't get dark. We will run with progression off for the remainder barring the enduro.
    Nathancarhead and TheJuzzy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.