RFACTOR rFactor 2 General discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Jan 25, 2012.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ik wrong game, but couldnt see a rf2 thread up, rfactor2 only 28$ on steam, tyre model is as good as ive heard

Thanks whoever moved it, shouldve used the search ;)
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

AI is pretty good as well, the brabham bt20 is a blast around old spa!
  3. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

does this game still get used in our race group for any league stuff? i have it but dont use it
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nah not really. I uninstalled it :p.

Was just taking way too long, updating was a pain in the arse with quality from one build to another was variable and generally game looks dated already. Replays looked terrible. Online seemed to be pretty dead too, which I was gutted about because I paid the full $89 for the lifetime access.

With modding available to the Assetto Corsa platform I just didn't have any reason left to persist with it.
    David Brister likes this.
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah didnt bother with the lifetime option, single player is enough in this for me, very enjoyable personally, graphics dont seem that bad tbh.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Maybe it's improved it's been quite a few builds since I played.
    Aspects looked really nice, but the overall look seemed klunky, especially in replays.
  7. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Its actually improving a bit now.
    The Move to Steam will see stuff like Mods be updated with the Steam workshop.
    So if you have a Lifetime Sub you get a Steam key and get the Lifetime on Steam, but you loose the Normal one which is ok as I think the Steam process is better for updates etc anyway.
    Don't have to worry about updating the core as well as the Cars and Tracks as the Steam workshop does that.

The replays and Visuals are not there yet until its Optimized fully and really had the DX phase done right.
    I find the Nascar Racing offline to be quite fun, I love the Nascar racing hence why ive done some Liveries for them.
    The new Tyre model coming out i reckon will be close to the Best, Tyre flex and wear. GSCE claim they will have this but only in Graphic representation as the old gMotor engine can't sustain that actual tyre flex.
    People rave about iracings Tyre model but i reckon once the new rF2 tyre model comes out it will be pretty nice.

The other issue is like mods converted to AC, the time isnt being taken to ensure all aspects of tuning is being done to make sure stuff like Anti roll bar is functional in game. There are some average conversions from rF to rF2 but its the same in AC.

I think the Steam integration will hopefully allow and see more Better and nice Mods/Tracks come to rF2. Perhaps this is what ISI were waiting for to really push things along.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good intel thanks Daz. I might wait a bit and try moving over to steam version when the visuals are optimised a bit more.
    Like you said I might keep more interested in streamlining/automating the update process. How do I go about getting a steam key if I already own the game outside of steam store?
    DarrenO likes this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I found it - for anyone else looking instructions and warnings here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/27073-rFactor-2-Now-on-Steam
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    You've convinced me to re-install! Maybe we should get some NASCAR events going in this, something a bit different to the AC offerings.
    DarrenO likes this.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    This is running alot smoother, loading faster, nicer streamlined GUI, and starting to look finished. Glad I picked it up again. Steam workshop is awesome.

Found a nice little track map and HUD mod, very customisable layout (hit Alt-Space in game to get menu options to drag elements around with the mouse). http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23056-TrackMapPlugin-V0-96-32bit-64bit
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

the f1 91 mods with the ferrari and mclaren are really fun, should give them a go
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers for the tip. Are they on steam workshop or ISI forums?

I subscribed to all the ISI content plus a couple of extras. Haven't got passed the AC 457 Cobra race season yet. Old skool tracks like Longford '67 with big long straight and sharp narrow turns at the end of them are a steep learning curve in this car!
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/asr-formula-open-wheel-classic-ferrari-643.3451/
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/asr-formula-open-wheel-classic-mclaren-mp4-6.4923/
    KoAStR likes this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The race events are cool. I am doing the Cobra 457, 1967 event : all tracks from the era. Monte Carlo '66 is awesome in this car, except for the stupid AI crashing quite often in sector 1, and the one time I overheated the engine and it caught fire! :eek:
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

i think this helped me tonight on AC haha, ive done so many laps in the mclaren around imola in this game.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Been playing with the Howsten Dissenter.. actually a '74 Ford Maverick Grabber
    [​IMG]
    It's really good fun around road circuits and I have a couple of setups that feel good I can share if anyone is keen for a bash maybe we can find a server with them on.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    SEIDO463 likes this.
  19. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

KoAStR likes this.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Interesting. Bummed I paid the lifetime MP access then but if it gives it some life all good.
    There's talk at the link of paid DLC coming and perhaps providing this to people who already paid the extra for MP.

Just getting this onto steam was a great move. I had unistalled it before then because even the developers content had to be downloaded as individual packages. Without automatic updates (through subscriptions in the steam workshop) it was a pain to keep all the content and mods up to date. Now it is easy.

Great to see they are continuing the development to bring this up to speed with other platforms (DX11 and modern revamped GUI). Otherwise rF2 was getting left behind and looking dated before it really started, which would be a shame it really has massive potential to be a leading sim with some unique features (weather, dynamic road rubber up and dry line, night transition, tyre deformation etc).
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    SEIDO463 likes this.