IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Wow one and a half years ago for an iRacing general comment haha.

I'm having a blast with it atm. Just wondering how many of you guys left foot brake?

I'm driving the C-Spec Ruf atm and I've noticed that you basically have to left foot brake to really get the nose on line at the apex. Of course that means you're trail braking too - meaning more time game.

Anyway I brake the conventional way. But I'm feeling as though to be really consistently fast you're better off adapting to left foot braking asap. Trail braking, getting the car turned in + and the timed saved between one foot doing both jobs on/off.

Thoughts?
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Hey JC,
    I left foot brake, but I have spent a considerable amount of time right foot braking also (a full season and a half in the v8supercar).
    To be honest, the C-spec is one of the cars that favour right foot braking if anything. There's really not much in it, 6 of one Half dozen of the other, some would say.
    The top drivers in iRacing are a mix of left and right foot brakers, unless you venture into the open wheel cars, where left foot braking is king.
    Right foot braking is superior when it comes to fuel economy, but that's really the only major pro.

What's your iRacing name? PM it if you like.
  3. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Geez sorry for the late reply Beau. Appreciate the advice. As long as a heap of the top guys are right foot brakers then I know it's down to me to improve. ;)

I'll pm you now. Haven't been on sporadically over the years. a few races one year, a few more another. I never got into it. Now though I have a real appreciation for how great the iRacing infrastructure is. Being able to race full grids whenever you want on the hour is fantastic. Clean and respectful racing is encouraged and already I've had a bunch of battles where it comes down to absolutely nailing my driving and committing under brakes like no other sim.

Anyway I can safely say I'm here to stay.
  4. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Anyone still on board this sim?
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

My chariot for the V8 series on iRacing.
    Still learning it at the moment but getting faster bit by bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    That looks fantastic! @Fastboysmith Are you doing the V8COPS championship to ?
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Looking into it just want to get my head around how to drive it first
    warrior2167 likes this.
  8. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Here's what i'll be wearing when i eventually get there
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. Benjamin J Smith

Who does your liveries, and can you ask them do do one up the same for the FG and send it too me, just minus the giraffe looking thing poking its head out from behind the logos
  10. Giant slayer

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    i always do my own liveries and i don't have the ford for obvious reasons (being that it is a ford) :roflmao: but i do have the old one but i don't know if the template is the same i can look in to it but i got three people in front you who want a livery painted too so it might be a couple of weeks. Do you have a paint design in mind? and they are Roo's by the way [​IMG]
    Sam D Blacklock and Peter Wise like this.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  12. Benjamin J Smith

uploading a Hotlap Currently of a new iRacing track that has been release in the last build.
    [​IMG]
  13. Benjamin J Smith

He it is a Lap of Imola in the Raconoz.com FG V8 Supercar piloted by myself.
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Hot lap of Phillip Island
  15. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    With the recent updates to the car it's a bit more user friendly although if anything a little harder to wrap your head around it at first. The car handles kurbs significantly better. The consensus at the moment is that a little softer springs are now the norm. Unlike last season where the spring rates could be anything up to 180N/mm (not that I used anything that high) But overall it is a much more enjoyable car to drive and for the most part it's no longer one set of springs suit anything. here are the full release notes for this season.

- The baseline setup for this vehicle has been updated.

- Significant modifications have been made to the 2014 V8 Supercars to address handling issues, particularly over bumps and curbs. These modifications include:
    - - Chassis torsional stiffness has been enabled.
    - - Available rear damping forces have been increased.
    - - Spring perch offsets have been added in the Garage. This provides the ability to adjust bump rubber engagements without changing ride heights via combined damper length and perch offset adjustments. Spring perch offsets that produce less than 40-50mm of shock deflection in the Garage are not recommended.

- This vehicle now uses V6 tires. These tires are capable of maintaining grip at higher operating temperatures, so they should feel less greasy in hot ambient conditions and more catchable in big slides. However, be aware that grip will be slower to build when the tires are cold, so it will feel icy for the first few laps when ambient temperatures are cold. Also, you will nominally find peak grip at around the 3rd to 5th timed lap on a qualifying run. We understand this is not ideal for 2-lap qualifying runs, but felt that better grip at high operating temperatures (where the tires run most of the time) would be a worthwhile tradeoff against a relatively slow build of grip when cold.

- Chassis torsional stiffness has been reduced to help the rear lose lateral grip more progressively.

- Rear suspension geometry has been adjusted to slightly reduce the effect of camber sensitivity.

- Fixed a display issue with the digits on the steering wheel display.

- This vehicle has been converted to use PBR shaders.

- Updated engine, gear shift, transmission, backfire, and rev limiter sounds, and pit limiter sounds have been added.
    Giant slayer likes this.
  16. Benjamin J Smith

OK Guys me and WTF MAN will be participating in our first iRacing enduro next Friday the 29th of July at Spa, we will be running a special paint scheme in honor of the late great Bruce Hale.. so we will be running #51 and running Bright green wheels on our car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SPL Racing, Peter Wise and WAC like this.
  17. Giant slayer

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    put your votes in now for what one looks better
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Spidey_11, SPL Racing and Peter Wise like this.
  18. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    That 2nd pic in your post @Giant slayer is my choice . Looks awesome
    Giant slayer likes this.
  19. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Both awesome but I think I like the top one. The lime green on the body really makes it stand out. Either way it will be the best looking car on track. I love the tribute to Bruce, Good work
    Giant slayer likes this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

We have decided to run the green one so it stands out and hopefully gets some air time for Rooz