AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Mael

Mael Professional

Going on the official Kunos forum there's been a personal battle going on via Wikipedia with comments being recorded, deleted and amended. In any case no personal opinions should be recorded on Wikipedia so hopefully it will be fixed sometime soon.
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    EDIT: NINJA'D lol yep sum's it up it is being auto refreshed by a bot so nothing can be done wiki won't even answer kunos
    The guy behind it is from the cringeworthy pretendracecars.com
  3. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

That Wikipedia page is controlled by someone with mental problems and a personal vendetta against AC so take it with a grain of salt.

If physics accuracy is what your most interested in, Assetto Corsa is simply on a level to anything currently available on console including Project Cars.
    The only thing available on the the market with as good or possibly better physics modeling and output is Rfactor2/GSCE.
    I used to play Forza/GT on console to death, and I own every sim on the market, so I''m not just some PC/AC fanboy.

Driving on tracks that are actually millimeter accurate due to laser-scan is a complete step up from anything you have driven on any other console game. Driving around the perfect laser-scanned Nordschleife in an incredibly accurate representation of your dream car is just the best thing since boobs IMO.

If your interested in cars/racing its simply a must buy for the price.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  4. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Picking up a PC in 2 hrs. Pumped! :)
    Driftoz, Cherno and Peter Wise like this.
  5. Cherno

6. Mael

Mael Professional

7. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

they look like early releases only about 20mb to download
  8. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    they are straight ports from rfactor no work done to them at all like that version of phillip island i did :coffee:
  9. Cherno

yeah unfortunatley the quality isnt great but theyll do for me untill better versions are available i guess. I've done a few track days at sandown and phillip island so its nice to drive them in AC. I would pay $50 for a Laser-Scaned Australian track DLC pack.
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    hi, all add ons are currently 30% off if you dont already have them in steam..

I paid full price yesterday for pack 3, but picked up pack 2 today for 30% off :)
    Peter Wise likes this.
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

12. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Updated Tracks Are Coming to Assetto Corsa’s 1.5 Update

Posted: 08 Feb 2016 09:42 AM PST

[​IMG]

Development on the critically-acclaimed Assetto Corsa began in 2011, and since then the game has received numerous updates. The latest of which having introduced several new vehicles, the introduction of “the best circuit in the world,” Brands Hatch, as well as updates to some of the core features of the game. But if there’s one thing that’s been noticeable despite all of the updates, it’s the quality of the tracks.

There’s a noticeable gap in quality between the likes of Mugello and Brands Hatch for example, or even the not-so-old Nurburgring and Imola; a gap Kunos is well aware of and are going to address in the upcoming 1.5 update for the game. Having shown off new images on their official Facebook page displaying updates made to all existing tracks and not just the oldest in the lineup, thanks to improved laser-scanning technology allowing them to more accurately recreate the environment alongside the track.

[​IMG]

In addition to the laser-scanning improvements, Kunos have also changed their approach to texturing and track modelling which ultimately allows them to create a more immersive experience by way of creating more secondary details and trackside objects, 3D trees, camera-facing objects, and crowds—all of which will also be applied in the update.

With the console release drawing near, this couldn’t have come at a better time, and while the full list of changes and new features included in 1.5 haven’t been fully disclosed just yet, we know that pit strategies are also going to be included in the update.

Stay tuned to GTPlanet for the full reveal of everything included in 1.5, and be sure to stop by our Assetto Corsa sub-forum for more discussion and in-depth analysis.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Mael, Anon666 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. Mael

Mael Professional

screenshots from Lake Louise track update :p:
    [​IMG]
    Driftoz, Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  14. Cherno

Mael and Peter Wise like this.
  15. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

The Symmns Plain tracks is actually pretty good, its not Laser Scanned but up there in quality to some of the Really good ones out there.
  16. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

I really hope AC improves the AI in time, I know the game is geared towards physics and multiplayer experience but the computer drivers are just numptys.

I was attempting a few of the special event races against AI, and they all just drive in the same line, side by side most of the time, and seem to have no vision of the human players car or most other cars. So even if I have a legitimate race line, or if I am driving infront of them but a bit slower, they just accelerate like I am not there, resulting in frustration and crashes.

The racing ends up being a game of dodge the AI vehicles instead of racing, sad because the arcade games get this down quite well, an online player AI system like used in Forza 6 would be great in my opinion, I haven't played the latest Gran Turismo games but from my experience from the original to number 4 they were pretty good if a bit slow.
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

if anything, personally ive found the AI one of the best in what ive played.
    if its a modded car/track, it can sometimes more often get a bit dodgy but on kunos content (the special challenges) ive had some pretty decent races with AI actually. they mostly respect my line and do overtake on occasion.
  18. Pete

Pete Rookie

For open wheeler fans this is not a bad mod, in fact its a lot of fun, the 1988 Mclaren MP4/4
  19. Pete

Pete Rookie

20. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    AC delayed to 3rd June on consoles