Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Nice rig jc. Funny thing I was just looking at those playseat rigs on their website today. Expensive though
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    That's great jc
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

;)[​IMG] beakeroo, you asked for not in white
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I'll message you my postage details :thumbsup:
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Got a new tele for the lounge so migrated with the old one to my own corner now. :D
    Hooked into both monitors so can actually use my PC at a desk again now instead of hunching on the floor or the couch! :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Oh, i here you with TiR5. I don't and can't fly with out it. Have been flying Falcon since early nineties. Falcon BMS it's called nowadays.
    Confused Serval likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hey mate, how comfy do you find the GTExtreme's seat? I have the GTPro and find it very comfortable, but I tried Mint's GTUltimate a fortnight ago and nearly broke my back!
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I like the GTEx, back angle adjustable and more comfortable than my old playseat.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

Yep, I had so much trouble with DCS before I bought it. Well, I actually still have a lot of trouble with DCS, keeping the MIG-21 alive in the air before it falls apart.
    steezymilo likes this.
  11. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    21's are old girls, what variant is it?
    Mate, have you tried falcon??
    Let Me know if your keen, I'll show you the ropes.
    Confused Serval likes this.
  12. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

I've seen alot of BMS online via YT. I am keen one day but it takes time to fly and work has been really prohibitive :( . I also play a bit of dangerous waters because well, my job but I'd prefer if there was a more modern variant. Pretty keen for DCS 2.0 though! I just need to stop getting banned off servers for playing as a dodgy rusky that hunts A-10's

edit: and its the 21bis mod on DCS. Good girl, great potential as long as she is going fast. Go slow and you are in trouble. Fly low like I do and once again in trouble as the standard restart is to dive to build up pressure on the turbine to save compressed air.
    steezymilo likes this.
  13. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Speed and energy, saviour to many.
    Some of the group I fly with also have DCS and fly it to kill some time. The Ibis was a pretty bird, definitely suited for map of earth and "ambush caps". My have to get it one day.

Good docu called "Speed and Angels", watch it from part 1 all the way through. You'll not regret it.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    So, my T500 is having issues again. Just went to play and found that the car wasn't braking right, I was using same brake marker as normal and was to fast for every corner. Used the pedal calibration and found I was getting 33/100 on brakes. Rebooted the PS4 and I was getting 0 brakes and 44/100 accelerator. Rebooted PS4 and power cycled T500 and I'm now getting 100/100 Clutch and Accelerator but 0 brakes.
    I think I've just about had my fill of this.
  15. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I experienced something similar with my T500 a few months back. Pulled it apart because I thought the POT was going. cleaned it out then reset it slightly on the pedals cog/interface. had to adjust the range in the game options.(I'm PC based racing now) Old girl still some life in her. Goodluck
  16. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Maannn..... what are you doing to your wheels?!? 2 G29's and now a second T500 issue?? o_O
    Sam D Blacklock and beakeroo like this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    My old girl is about 6 weeks old though lol. Had a faulty wheel first time, faulty pedals second time and now replacement pedals have issues.

What should I use to clean the pots, would rubbing alcohol do the job?
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Believe it or not mate I treat these things like they're made of porcelain. First G29 lasted a few months, second had faulty shifter paddles on arrival, first T500 was DOA, second had faulty pedals on arrival. It's crazy how good my luck has been eh?
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Hmmm not sure if the problem is in the wheel again. Plugged up my other set of pedals (the one with the broken clutch) and they worked great. Ran a few laps practice and noticed the gas was stuck on around 4k revs. Went to calibration and the gas and brake would only go around 80% now. Power cycled wheel and now they work fine again. Plugged in ones with brake fault, brake still dead, clutch fine, gas 18%
  20. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    start with some compressed air - but the fact your pedals sound quite new I'm thinking it's not dust/hair related?
    try giving it a bit of a slap? and the alcohol should be ok
    beakeroo likes this.