Season 3 - Radical SR3-RS Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, May 1, 2016.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I gave Beau's tune a try in a dry race with the guys last night, I got a PB fastest lap of 1:45:802, haven't tried in the wet though.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Where does he sign on me?
  3. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Quite happy to hand my tune out to any who wants it, 51's in the wet on full fuel and 44's-'45's in the dry with 40 litres in the tank
    Ask nicely those who need :p
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85

share away...
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Would love a look Pykey :) great to compare different tunes from different people.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  6. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great tune Pykey! I was almost in the 44's last night in the dry and tyre wear and temps were perfect! Haven't tried it in the wet yet so i'll have to see how she goes.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Credit goes to @pykeybraa145
    [​IMG]
  8. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Now to watch everyone go faster than me lmao
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  9. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    How are your tyre temps after 6 laps in the wet with those pressures?
  10. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Beautiful. But it depends if you wanna look after them
  11. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    That tune pykey is awesome! Was also getting 44s with race fuel in the dry but only 54s in the wet but that's mainly the driver not the tune cause I hate the frikkin wet.
    stucar17, Spidey_11 and pykeybraa145 like this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I tried pykees tune and had to change it up a little to suit me.....running 44s in the dry and mid 52s in the wet, history suggests that race pace here is slower than hot lapping with the draft and fighting for position.....should be an interesting race though
    The_Spectre likes this.
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

The enduro round is finally upon us and 39 gruelling laps around the prestigious Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps lays ahead of us. With a 24 hour time cycle and a significant period of fog a good strategy is more important than ever. Below is an approximation for what the ambient and track temperatures will be at any time during the race:
    [​IMG]
    The short plots represent the respective ambient and track temperature plots during the fog period. Obviously there will be a more gradual transition between fog and non fog temperatures.

Tyres:
    This round will require the battling of two evils. The first being tyre wear and the second being tyre temperature. Tyre wear around Spa lies somewhere in between the two extremes of Brno (Harsh) and Monza (Easy when dry). At worst I can see three sets of tyres being required and at best 2 sets i.e. 2 vs 1 pit stops. The combination of a 24 hour time cycle and fog see's a huge 22 degree range in temperatures. If you choose to 1 stop you cant really do much with tyre pressures to ensure they remain in the optimal range of 90 to 100 degrees throughout the race. If you opt to 2 stop then you have plenty of flexibility. Start with pressures that see all 4 tyres at or just above 100 degrees. As the track temp drops so will your tyre temperatures and you may want to come in at the 20-25 min mark to chuck on a new set of tyres with lower pressures to see them be in the ideal temperature zone from the 20-25 min mark to the end of the fog period (70-75 min mark) where track temperatures lie between 17 and 21 degrees. You'll then want to put on another set of tyres and increase the tyre pressures such that the tyres don't overheat with the peak track temp of 39 degrees that will happen at the 80 min mark.

Fuel:
    From some quick practice last night fuel usage is 1.81 litres per lap so using a conservative value of 1.85 you'll require a total of 73 litres to finish the race. To minimise the time spent refuelling in the pits start on full tank. The tank of the radical has a capacity of 54 litres so you'll require to take on at least 19 litres in the pits. If you choose to 1 stop then you have no choice but put the full additional fuel required when you choose to stop. If you choose to 2 stop you can choose to take fuel at either the first of second stop. From a lap time point of view it would be best too leave refuelling until the second stop. The latest you can leave refuelling till is lap 29 and the earliest you could pit and fill the tank up and make it to the end of the race is lap 10. Alternatively you can split the amount of fuel taken on between the two stops.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great run down CAGME
    zuluwoffle and ADZA_85 like this.
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Just to add to CAGMEs post, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't belive you can set 2 different pit strategies, I haven't tested it out recently. So if you are going to 2 stop and assuming you are going to have different pressures on at each stop then during the 2nd stop you will have to edit it quickly on the fly once you hit the pit lane limiter (or computer control) which may cost you time. So make sure you know what you have to change and practice doing it quickly
    dj2ca likes this.
  16. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Think about this round much.... Haha good job man
  17. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    You can set 2 strategies but only have one marked as default. Then when you come in for your 2nd stop, you choose the button below edit (can't remember the name for it) and select the 2nd strategy and then close.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Anybody able to take me to school on how to get correct tyre pressures?
    Each week feels like i'm trying everything, moving the slider a bit to the left or right to get them working or see some kind of change in working temp and seeing little to no difference after a few laps, then doing something drastic, and ending up having my tyres look like my own cooking, burnt as a crisp :laugh:
    Halp plz guise :cry:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

You wanted a prototype....
    It's your problem you figure it out
    pykeybraa145 and seth123 like this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    boo! premium drivers should stick together