THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    What a great night :)
    Firstly congrats Stu on a stellar victory and CAGME for not having a power outage and for miraculously misplacing your sandbags!!
    Was a fantastic battle between Stu and myself for the first 10 laps, I went 1 lap extra than stu and yielded no benefit with stu predominantly passing me. My car had tremendous pace in the wet, different story in the dry, was losing over 1 second per lap :/
    Championship battle is heating up with 3 races to go will be very close, well done to all 9 starters and finishers, absolutely awesome to see you all persist
    As for merging I am going to say no, only because championship battles in each respective div
    stucar17, George and SPL Racing like this.
  2. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well did about two laps in the wet and approx about 4 in the dry in this car 10 mins before race no practice at all quick chat with Kart no 1 for some settings and I was ready ... Not . Qualified 7 I think got a good start very slippery in the wet I think I did my quickest wet lap about lap 10 or 11 .think the pressures weren't right had higher pressure in the slicks and the car was going well think I was up to 4th very surprising caught cagme a couple of times in the wet only to watch him slowly pull away . In the dry I seemed to be pulling the top 3 in early in my stint . Had approx 18 sec over Jim and I was keeping a eye and holding it nicely. No worries have 4th place rapped up ! Then had a spin on the last chicane lost 9 sec with only 6 laps to go should still get 4th . My tyres just lost all grip and Jim was on fire closing every lap with 1 to go I ran wide on the last corner and Jim just went up the inside and drove away to finish 4th and I had 1 more spin on the last lap and held on to 5th well done to the podium and that bloke who came 4th .....Jim :cool: :cry:
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  3. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    ever considered a fixed gear ratio for the season..?

help unite the field a little bit. random thought
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Mostly uneventful race for myself.
    Qual:5th and had a slow getaway so was swamped by the rest of the pack down to turn 1. Decided it best to try and avoid contact and ended up last by turn 2 by being a little too generous. Slowly plugged away through the rain, and made up spots from mistakes. Had a couple of small slides / off's & some close calls around pit stop time, but nothing i wont keep in mind for next time. ;)
    Once the track dried there wasn't much around me, @Blindman was around 14 seconds up the road and pulling a gap, and I had a fair gap behind me also, after the 3 behind started to fight it out. Started just counting down the laps by myself, looking to consolidate & wondering what could have been, until i saw the time gap in front drop dramatically, then it was head down and started lapping quicker and quicker each lap.
    Once i caught a glimpse of Blindman, it was all over for him, i zoned in and didn't let up. He must've had something going on as i got lucky to catch him with a lap to go, and didn't have to defend much once we started the final lap.

Personally, if there was a vote for a merge, i would say 'Yes'. I would much rather have a full grid than two races going with 5 & 9 cars respectively. I dont see any downside to a merge with Div 1. If everyone goes racing with the same mindset that we usually do, i can't see anything catastrophic happening.
    Spidey_11, Blindman and George like this.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

50-50 as to whether or not i'll make an appearance this week. Have a 3 hour exam Monday morning so could do with a decent nights sleep that a after midnight finish won't provide. If I do show it will be with no further practice. Either way i'll be back the following week for Zhuhai where I hope to notch up my first win of the season.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Shame CAGME, hope you can make it
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  9. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    not sure if ill be there tonight as i had plans for the long weekend.
  10. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry guys. I was having a bit of a sleep before the race and my wife 'forgot to wake me up'.......:mad:
  11. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I hate that. :mad::mad::mad: Was having such a good race too. :cry::cry::cry:
    Well this season is definitely done now. :poop::poop::poop:
  12. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Sad to see u had a disconnection Jim. I enjoyed watching the battle of you and stew for the first 15laps.
    I didnt have enough fuel and had to make an additional pit stop after chasing down Stew. Was dissapointing and the frustration led to me being in battles i didnt need to be in and making errors.

The merging of the divisions was a success i beleive. Well done to all, and a dominate win by Sammy.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  13. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Epic race well done Stu, was good having a full room, It was weird battling with div 1 guys though coz were not fighting for position but were holding each up other up on the different stradigies next week shouldn't be an issue though with only 1 stop necessary, got a good start keeping up with the div 1 guys built up a nice gap back to Stu but I knew I'd need it coz I was always going to do the 2 stopper because in practice I just couldn't be consistent on the high pressures in the night and I think Just may of worked had we not merged the rooms I lost so much time In little battles with guys on colder tyres and got me frustrated trying to get around them ended up spinning trying to get by Chaplin lost 15secs stuck in the fence.
    Also sat in the pits with nothing happining for a good 10secs coz I forgot to close the pit menu, my fault.
    Then being so far back kept pushing to hard and spun s few more times battling with Zulu and spectre
    Good race all in all shame about the disconnects,
  14. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Results: (not sure of order of disconnections can anyone remember?)
    [​IMG]

Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who would be pole for div 2?
    also who dsc and in what order?
  16. Slambobagan

I got pole, pykybra Dsc first than jim aka, I think? Can someone confirm.
  17. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Sounds about right Slambo. Sorry for not getting a screenshot of the quali results Hat.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for the race the other night lads. Was good having a fullish grid, certainly made things more interesting.

Wasnt sure how i would go, but qualified 6th i think, slambo i thought was quite a bit quicker so was hoping for a podium.

Once the race got underway i was lucky to just miss the carnage behind me on the first lap.....settled into my rhythm and had jim closing in on me and we had a great battle for about 15 odd laps. When Beau caught up after his lap 1 shenannigans i decided to let him go and have a go at chasing down the other div 1 guys....jim too full advantage and went past as well ! Took about 3 laps, but got him on the straight, lap 15 he DSC.......shame was a good battle and super clean.

Adza cruised up on the back of me in the dark and we had a great little battle, we both pitted on lap 17, and bugger me he came in 2 secs behind, and left 3 secs ahead.....spewing ! SLowly made ground, before he pitted again, so once again everything seemed to open up for me, had no idea where slambo was, and was resigned to 2nd until i found myself in 3rd with VH and samsung ahead of me....Was happy to get a podium and win our class. Bit of a claytons championship lead given the size of the grid, but can only race those around you. Respect to Adza and Jim, buggered if i know why guys cant race side by side, but we went lots of laps with hard racing and no contact, was enjoyable

Hopefully we have a few back for the next round.....will merge again if needed. was so much better with more cars on the grid. On to Zhuhai, fast and flat with plenty of passing spots, should be a cracker hopefully.

Stu
  19. Slambobagan

A totally ballsed up stradigy is where I was... Costing a few mistakes pushing to hard.
    Thinking about I should of run lowish pressures from the start and sacrificed a bit of speed to be consistent in the night, and pitted in the morning sometime for the run home.
    Should of practiced a full race distance Oh well.. I'm struggling to find a good setup for zhuhai to much oversteer on corner entry.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield