Season 4 - Division 2- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    I use bonnet view. Purely for having a larger FOV.
    I really enjoy the helmet cam or interior but without VR its just not enough.
    I thought once maybe it was me. So i took out my car (2015 370Z) with my motorbike helmet on to gauge the difference lol.
  2. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Haha i would pay good money to see that! I like the ''simulation value'' of the cockpit view, but I do think i might be quicker in bonnet cam so might give it a shot tomorrow night. Every chance i could still be rubbish too though!
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I use bonnet cam purely because it has a better FOV too. If the cockpit view was actually able to give a similar view to that in real-life I'd use it in a heartbeat.
    ADZA_85 and Beverages4017 like this.
  4. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    99% of people use roof and bonnet and bumper cam !
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I prefer bumper cam.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah i use bumper cam but might try bonnet cam
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys....OP has been updated with time and date for Round 2 this week at the Nurbugring GP....

Only change is the race start time which has been moved from 2pm to 5pm....

I did this to lower the track temp, so everyones tires should be ok, the most i have heard of has been near 110* and this will come down with wear and track temp falling as the race goes on......

Cheers stu
    pykeybraa145 and Zachery like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all......Driver Briefing for Round 2 at Nurburgring GP....Generic to all divs

The ONLY change to the regs from last week is the start time. It has moved forward from 1400 to 1700. The reason for this is to reduce the track temp and stop the tires from overheating. In the race run we did the other night, everyone was ok on tires, with the wear on real the temp started from between 110 down to the mid 90s for most. If you do heat your tires more than 110*, as they wear you will be right in the pocket on temp.

Fuel, like Round 1 will be tight, but there was no one in the prac race who ran out. I finished with 2.5 ltrs, i can only suggest that if you think you might run out you do a full test run to see by how much....i cant see anyone having an issue however.

TRACK LIMITS
    There will be track limits to be aware of this round.

ROOZ regulations state that you must keep at least 2 wheels on the white line OR ripple strip at all times, unless otherwise advised.

This rule WILL BE ENFORCED on the EXIT of turn 2 and, the EXIT of turn 4 AND the VEEDOL Chicane. There are time penalties on the exit of both, HOWEVER they are quite wide and an advantage can be gained by running wide there.

TURN 2 : Running wide at T2 gives a narrow speed advantage, and straightens the line into 3 which could give an unfair advantage. Passing a car through T3 after going off track after 2 will be penalized with a 30 sec penalty (DT equivalent)

TURN 4 : IF you gain an advantage there by running wide on exit, and make a pass into TURN 6, you will be penalized 30 sec (equivalent of drive through) where is is CLEAR you were out of track limits.

14 & 15 (Veedol Chicane) : Drivers deemed to be cutting this chicane will receive a 30 sec drive through Penalty. Its a tough one, as there IS a time penalty there already, HOWEVER it is 'about' half a car width from the Ripple strip. It does give an unfair advantage if abused, however drivers do risk a 5 sec game penalty from taking to much track. This will be monitored on the replay, and i ask other drivers to observe here as well.
    [​IMG]
    Well done to everyone last week for the overall standard of driving. There are a few spots on this track however where you can 'push' an opponent into a penalty, or bump them off line. Namely Turn 1, Turn 8 and one we have the most issues with is Veedol Chicane (14/15) where drivers can easily be bumped into a penalty. All i can say is redress if that happens, of you may end up with a post race penalty
    BLUE FLAGS : A Reminder that if you are being lapped, you need to get out of the way within a reasonable amount of time.
    SWERVING : A reminder that drivers ARE NOT permitted to swerve to stop another driver picking up the draft. You may change your direction once, and then run your preferred line on corner entry if you have track position.

@Tanktex , @pykeybraa145 can you guys please let us know if you are planning on running this week ?

Cheers stu
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  10. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017

Some interesting interpretations of track limits from last night's solo run around the ring. Anyone else noticed any issues?
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    1 is a bit :):):):), but 2 and 3 i agree that you were over track limits (IE. white lines)
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  12. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I think 1 is a bit tough but the second two are a bit iffy. It doesn't make much sense that in some places it's the ripple strip and others it's the white line.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah youre right. i just think its as simple as 2 wheels on the strip, not 4. thats what i run with and dont have any issues. at the same time it could be costing me on lap times if i could push it more.
  14. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Cutting corners and I'm still slow af.
  15. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    I have found track limits are a bit harsher in practice and qual, they are very quick to invalidate a lap in those instances no matter if you lift or not.

In the race I find it more of a sliding scale if you back off and brake in an attempt to not gain an advantage you might be ok, if you run wide but don't back off you might get away with it once, but the next time you get penalised, and then there is a decreasing margin for error until you get the final warning.

I would be interested to see if you tried the same examples in a race
    SPL Racing and Zachery like this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i have to agree with you there nige. i \ve had moments where ive gone slightly off but with a touch of brakes and get penalised less
  17. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Good point nige. I'll see how i fare in some different situations.
  18. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Turned a few laps last night with some of you. Its very close in regards to lap times. Some div 2 guys are outpacing div 1 boys.
    Its tricky to pass..
    I found the cleanest place to make a move is into 7 and 8.
    Turn 1 is risky. And vedool chicane is suicide.
    Must apologize to AO as well. I think i tapped u twice going into veedol last night. My brake point is a few metres further then yours it would seem.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im a bit useless in qually, but seem the be quick in the right places to not get swamped during race time, so im a little less pessimistic coming into this weekend than i was before.
  20. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Hi all.
    Whats the rule about having a sub sit in a race for me.. 2 races actually.
    Im going to America on the 17th till the 3rs sep.
    So i miss 2 rounds.
    I have a young fella house sitting for me. And hes a keen sim racer when he comes over, as i have 2 rigs.
    But hes not very good. Hed be div 4 if he raced lol.
    But i thought rather then me miss it, and the room loses a competitor. Id show him a few tricks and let him sit in for me.
    I can just about guarentee u he will come last. Lol
  21. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I wont be running, I will be driving ;)