Season 10 - Division 3- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 5, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can't let 2 wins on the trot after three years without one go by without telling my story. Last week at Sierra was very straight forward, I got pole with a 9:23 and at the start of the race I was making about a second a minute on the pack until they got in each others way and let me build it up to 16 seconds by the end of lap 1. After that I just paced myself along to win by over a minute with only very minor scares along the way, a nose off into the dirt once, a nose off the inside into the rail with too much oversteer and a power on snaky that I was able to grab before it got out of hand. I reckon based on the gap as a measure it only cost me about 5 or 6 seconds overall. I was proud that I had done 4 laps of Sierra without completely binning it once. Most previous races there have always resulted in at least 4 spins per lap. The difference this time was I did heaps of practice so I knew the track well and didn't have any pressure with the lead I enjoyed.
    With the top two runners from race 1 away the easy win gave me a good points lead to take into race 3. I was starting to think maybe I could do well in the championship if I could keep the gap for a few races more.
    I wanted a good result at RBR as it is a track I know well and I like the Ferrari there. I knew I had to start as close to the front as possible because on such a tight track and the short race it would be hard to get a good result. A good race 1 result is mandatory in these sprints to get good points for the night. It didn't start too well though as when the track was reset for qualifying I could only see 3 of the other 9 runners on track and the host m00n couldn't see me so he asked me to rejoin. Lately my PS3 hasn't coped with such things as it hangs trying to reconnect to the server so I had to quit GT6 and restart it. I managed to get back on track with a minute left to run and m00n allowed an extra minute for me to get one flying lap. I took it conservatively for a 54.6 or something and was 6th on the grid. That was further back than I was hoping.
    The race start was crowded but I kept it straight and by the end of lap 1 I was 5th at the back of the snarling lead pack. A lap or two later Knuckles had some grief between turns 2 and 3 and was completely sideways on the racing line with a confusion of cars going everywhere. I T boned him and he melted away off track and I was through to 2nd as the others were delayed a bit by it all.
    Harrison was leading with a couple of seconds gap over me and I had a small cushion to the pack behind me. After a lap or 2 harrison ran off into the grass at turn two and I was in the lead!!!. Harrison lost several places and the guys behind me were still squabbling so I was able to pace myself out front.
    With about three quarters of the race gone Knuckles emerged from the pack and closed right up to my tail but I was as determined to keep my lead as he was to take it. A thrilling battle ensued and I must commend Knuckles for his clean driving, he was all over me but didn't knock me off. I managed to win by a very slim margin.
    I started race two from last place with Knuckles one place ahead. I knew that I only needed a third if Knuckles was to win this one and a 9th would do if anyone else won. The plan was to stick with him as much as possible.
    It started well with me up to 5th at the end of lap 1 while knuckles was back in 9th, Don't ask me what happened, it was all a frenzied blur.
    By the end of lap 2 I was battling Cuppa and M00n at the back of the leading pack. Max was valiantly leading but unfortunately came to grief at turn 1 and left Harrison leading again. I found myself in the third place I needed after a few laps and was following harrison and Cuppa but couldn't make any impression on them. M00n was behind me and the gap back to him was pretty stable so I was able to catch a few breaths and settle in for the run home. Then I noticed Knuckles wrestling with M00n and although I wasn't too worried I hoped M00n could hold him off. Knuckles got through though and was quickly on my tail. I was hoping to hold him off again but he got through and then moved quickly onto cuppas tail.
    I was beginning to wonder then if all was as secure as I had thought. If Knuckles could get past cuppa and then go on to catch and pass harrison my 4th place wouldn't be good enough any more. I was sitting behind them battling thinking that if Knuckles gets through then I would have to make an all out effort to get past cuppa as well in case knuckles could catch Harrison, Harrison looked pretty comfortable out front but you never know what might happen. All my stress was relieved though when poor knuckles DSCd just as he was putting immense pressure on cuppa.
    I had the night sown up then and M00n started to look like he really wanted to catch and pass me. I pushed a little but wasn't too worried if he happened to get close enough for a pass as it wouldn't affect my results for the night. He never really got close as each time he made some ground he lost it a bit with little errors.
    There are now 4 races left and I have a 22 point lead in the championship which looks great until we count a drop round and I end up then just 6 points in front. I am one of only 4 of us with points in every round. My road to the championship is going to be all up hill but I will be trying my best to get the best result I can each race and see how things shake out in the end.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. Neil

Neil New Recruit

Certainly one wide ferrari in the first race there emmo. Top race.
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Neil, I have no doubts you'll be winning your share of races over the rest of the season.
    Neil likes this.
  4. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Me too - that @emmo46 is a bit of a Wag methinks!!
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. David Sander

David Sander New Recruit

Hi all Wolfy here.. Hope all are well. I would like to say thnx to all for racing on Sunday night I really enjoyed starting off mid pack then finding myself at the rear losing many seconds on 1st corner lap 1 race 1 readdressed for Easyprey as everyone else went flying by. Fought valiantly to crawl back to mid pack again. Race 2 had an excellent start began overtaking was feeling really good about this one BUT THEN lap 2 last corner WALLOP found myself at the rear again 40+ seconds behind spit the dummy no time to reach deep and race 1 all over again. Quite proud of myself to end up mid pack again. To those at front beware Wolfy will be back with wet stinking fur at Apricot Hill.
  6. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Hi All just wanted to let you know that I've had my Son update my accounts. I will not be using my old one under David Sander but this one called WOLFYDADDY007. Thanks - Dave
    Half-Byte, Hatfield and Easyprey007 like this.
  7. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Any word on the results after protests @emmo46 ?? I've only got one way to go & that's up lol
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It is all settled and there were no penalties.
    maximuscatticus likes this.
  9. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I didn't take into account the option of staying put :(
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    @emmo46 hi mate could you fill me in on the teams please
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    once the results are all final for this week, then I will complete the teams points and place you into a team
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What he said.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Div 3 results are final.
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Anyone else looking forward to the rain?
    Hatfield likes this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :confused:
  16. Harrison Johnson

Harrison Johnson New Recruit

PSN ID
    Jinge_99
    Great win knuckles, well deserved.
    I'd like to apologise to anyone who I held up or collided into during the race, I was driving with a fractured ankle and it was causing me grief all throughout the race. Looking forward to next week though, can't wait!
    Easyprey007, emmo46, Viperzed and 2 others like this.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You're a brave man, I applaud you sir!
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Cuppa had pole mate not me.

[​IMG] [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
  20. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Firstly, apologies to @emmo46 I did try to get out of your way. Secondly, question: Ascari next week has a couple of S's sections with concrete? edges. My question is do we have to keep a wheel inside the white line or is one on the concrete ok??? cheers.
    emmo46 and Easyprey007 like this.